This board is for any questions you may need answered. Please make sure to read the rules first, just so you don't end up asking something that's plainly stated. =3

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Help!

[* Is My Palette Potion Mockup Acceptable?

Postby Redd » 05/24/2015 10:56 PM

~*~

Welcome to the Palette Potion Baby Acceptance Topic!

What is this topic all about?

Due to the increase of people asking about Palette Potion babies, we have decided to create a spot where you can post your babies, and ask if they are acceptable given the parents.

Rules and How This Topic Works:

1. Please post everything we need to review your palette potion baby, including all markings and both the parents.

a. Your example baby image;
b. The Parents involved and;
c. All markings and potions to be used in the breeding.

Here is a code for easy copy-paste:

Code: Select all
[b]a. Pet Image:[/b]
[b]b. Parents:[/b]
[b]c.  Baby Markings:[/b]
[b]d. Parents Markings:[/b]

2. Since edits don't show up as new posts, you might have to check this periodically/often in order to see your approvals. We may post now and again to say that we're up to such and such user, but this shouldn't be too hard to judge, so approval should come fairly quickly.

3. No whining or comments. If a mod says no, it's not acceptable then you will have to go back, redesign it or find a new parent. Simple as that, otherwise if you try to breed them, we'll just adapt the baby to the parents provided.

Things to Keep in Mind:

1. You don't need approval to go ahead and breed your baby, it's just a formality so you don't get any unwelcome surprises.

2. Please remember to be polite and cooperative when we give you suggestions, advice or say your pet won't work. We're just trying our best to make sure you won't get any unpleasant surprises when you're breeding.

3. Please note that baby eye color is directly inherited from their parents. If you have parents with blue and green eyes, your babies can only get blue or green eyes. This however can be changed at the Evo-Lux for a fee. Similarly, Paragon baby predictions are allowed to lack wings or tail types and you can take them to Evo-Lux after birth to get wings and tails for a fee.

4. Please don't spam the topic. If you do have comments or questions further to receiving your approval, you can simply edit after us and ask then. Please don't start conversations here, whether with us or with other members asking for approval: this is not what the topic is for.

5. While we don't have a cap for how many approvals you can ask for in a single post, please be reasonable. If you want to ask for 15 pets in one go, you certainly can... but please remember that judging will take a while as we all have to go through every single pet to judge every single case separately. Please don't expect a very fast answer if you ask for a lot of approval all at the same time.

Stare in the darkness
Are you scared? Are you free?
I can be fair or a monster
Tell me now, which one do you need?

I can feel teeth tear into me
Rip me to pieces, rock me to sleep
I can feel eyes staring at me
Getting uneasy, ready to feed
I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 892
Donate

Re: [* Is My Palette Potion Mockup Acceptable?

Postby zapdragon555 » 05/24/2015 11:10 PM

(unsure if I post here since I already had a topic! But here goes anyway~)

a. Pet Image: Image
b. Parents: ImagexImage
c.  Baby Markings: Doberman/Celestial/Kohl/Psi-Eye
d. Parents Markings: Doberman/Celestial/Appaloosa/Coontail x Celestial/Vines
[A Lovey Love Potion will be used in this breeding, obviously]

Krypto: The cyan on the second boy is too muted to make that bright pop color on the baby, that is my only concern though. Eye color will have to be fixed at Evo-Lux

c.  Baby Markings: Storm/Striped/Eclipse/Appaloosa
d. Parents Markings: Celestial/Striped (Vintage)/Carnivore/Sunbear/Mane/Tailtip x Warrior/Storm/Mudpaw

Krypto: Unsure if this would work, just due to the really dark blacks on the baby. None of the parents are that dark, the female's dark grey is too light and even if the male was black and not brown, I don't think it would work. Eye color will have to be fixed at Evo-Lux

EDIT: I would like to revise my pairing for the blue boy.

c.  Baby Markings: Doberman/Celestial/Kohl/Psi-Eye
d. Parents Markings: Doberman/Celestial/Appaloosa/Coontail x Celestial/Hyaena/Eclipse/Coontail
[A Lovey Love Potion will be used in this breeding, obviously]

Krypto: I'm struggling to make the blues he needs by mixing up colors. There's... like a hue he's missing. He goes straight from cyan to deep blue and is lacking that needed sky blue color. Though I invite the others to try to get it. The issue is, that the blues are almost pure/not diluted by black/white/grey and would need an almost identical color on the parent.

These are all just slightly off the mark imo, you're welcome to try and tweak the baby to suit the parents or you can explain how you got these colors to me, so I can see where you're coming from, or pester another mod to reply here. I know I was discussing my reasons with Kyrit and she was of a similar opinion (I think?)

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 485
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby Thunder » 05/29/2015 2:39 PM

b. Parents: ImageImage
   c.  Baby Markings: Mutation Sambava (will use an Emission Liquor), Mystwalker, Belly
   d. Parents Markings: Striped/Banded/Mystwalker and Sambava/Belly/Mystwalker

Krypto: I am interested in where the purple hue in the Sambava came from, I'm not seeing it on either parent, the dad's greys have hints of blue or teal. Also I think the girl's greens are too... yellow, whereas the baby has forest greens. It's just the two upper colors on the wings that have this issue, the other greens are okay. However, if you left the wings off and got them done at the Evo-Lux, the green won't be an issue, and it's just this purple color that needs addressing. Eye color would also have to be fixed at the Evo-Lux

c.  Baby Markings: Striped/Mystwalker/Ancient
   d. Parents Markings: Striped/Skulls/Flames x Striped/Ancient/Mystwalker

For the first one, neither parent has the right wing or tail type, so I was wondering if it would be plausible to redo the palette baby without a wings or tail and just add those on at Evo-Lux later? Same question for the second baby, whose parents don't have the right wing type.

Krypto: Please explain the blue if possible, I can't seem to find anything on the parents that would make it. Wings and eyes will need to be added at Evo-Lux.

EDIT: I will think about the first Palette baby some more. For the second pair, I was wondering if maybe the blue from the Ambia could combine with the grays on the Placid to produce the Palette baby's blue, but I realize it's probably a stretch. I will keep looking for possible parents if that doesn't work. In the meantime, do these seem doable?

c.  Baby Markings: Giraffe/Storm/Masked/Mudpaw/Appaloosa (Was hoping to add the extra minimark at Evo-Lux.)
   d. Parents Markings: Warrior/Storm/Mudpaw and Hyaena/Giraffe/Socks/Sunbear/TailTip

"If everyone is one, none will be afraid."

Pen~Breeders~Trades~Wishes~Rentals
Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 877
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 06/14/2015 9:48 PM

[Thanks a bunch for your answers, Kreepy! I have one revision and one new one, leaving the blue boy out for now because he's a bit more complicated to fix.]

c.  Baby Markings: Predator/Striped/Clawpad
d. Parents Markings: Predator/Clawpad/Celestial x Striped/Skulls/Celestial
[Note: I don't care about wings/tail here, I'll add them at evo-lux along with the eyecolor change.]

Krypto: Gonna say, the hair color lineart probably is illegal, so won't show on the baby. And you won't get pure fff, because the lightest that appears on the mom is f6f6f6, but you barely will notice that. The blue's a little bit of a stretch, but I'd say it's okay. Aaand the pinks seem to be fine, striped white + tail color seems to be able to mix that bright pink for you. Just remember to submit your Palette potion pet without the tail and wings when it comes to breeding.

c.  Baby Markings: Storm/Striped/Eclipse/Appaloosa
d. Parents Markings: Celestial/Striped (Vintage)/Carnivore/Sunbear/Mane/Tailtip x Warrior/Storm/Mudpaw
[I dulled the reds slightly to fit the reds of the parents and also fixed the body color; it now matches the dark colors of the female. The darkest blackish color came from the area where her back leg meets her stomach.

Krypto: Okiess, well. I don't think that area you pointed out is affected by shading so that's all good. The bits on his Eclipse and wingblades are still too dark, but wingblades can be at least fixed up in Evo-Lux. Seems fine aside from that

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby MillietheWarrior » 06/23/2015 9:16 PM

b. Parents:
ImageImage
Or
ImageImage
c.  Baby Markings: Split, celestial, banded
d. Parents Markings:
First set: Leopard, celestial, split, bonefish, belly, coontail
Second set: Split, masked, sunbear, see-no, leopard, celestial, maybe another I can't see XD
(Can add banded to mother if needed)

Krypto: On the first set, I can't find any color dark enough to get the split color.
The second one is too red and the dark colors are not dark enough, and your baby is starting to push into the pink spectrum. Also because that gold on the legs is quite saturated, you'll need something a lot more yellow or gold to make is appear exactly as is. The golds on the female and the oranges on the second male are too pale to produce that color.

b. Parents:
ImageImage
c.  Baby Markings: Tearstain, starspeckled, socks, celestial
d. Parents Markings: Feyline, banded, starspeckled, celestial (May get socks or tearstain added to first mother to make it work if need be)

Krypto: The starspeckled is lighter than any color on either parent and would probably get tweaked to something closer to #fad4bf if you did this breeding. The blues seem to be mostly fine, it's hard to pick off something as small as feyline, but I'm happy to pass it. And the pink can be produced easily too. It's just the starspeckled and you'd have to get the eye color changed at Evo-Lux

b. Parents:
ImageImage
c.  Baby Markings: Tearstain, celestial, drizzle, mud splatter
d. Parents Markings: Tearstain, drizzle, skunk, storm, spades, celestial

Krypto: Oh hey it's Logan. Um base might be a little too cyanish, both parents are closer to indigo. Best compromise I could offer is something like #618cff, unless you find something with a little more cyan. Celestial color seems okaayy but the lighter colors are also on the cyan spectrum and there's no cyan on either parents. Again I can compromise with a #d2e0ff and #edf0ff for the Mudpaw, but that's about it. Again eye color will need to be done at Evo-Lux

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby Redd » 06/23/2015 9:53 PM

PSA: Just a quick reminder to breeders that babies can only be as light or as dark as the lightest/darkest color on the parents. Also highly saturated colors will need highly saturated colors to produce. And keep in mind hue range (this thing)! Babies can't have colors outside of a parent's range. So an indigo and a purple parent can't make something with sky blue, pink or cyan in it. I hope this information helps you all :)

Stare in the darkness
Are you scared? Are you free?
I can be fair or a monster
Tell me now, which one do you need?

I can feel teeth tear into me
Rip me to pieces, rock me to sleep
I can feel eyes staring at me
Getting uneasy, ready to feed
I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 892
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 06/23/2015 10:10 PM

I have another (Sorry it's so many; I'm excited to find potential matches)
B: Parents:
ImageImage
c.  Baby Markings: Celestial, spade, vines, mudpaw
d. Parents Markings: Celestial, vines, mudpaw, starspeckled, malamute(?)

(Also, what about parents on the opposite end of the spectrums? An all red parent and an all blue parent making a purple baby?)

Krypto: Yeah, that's perfectly okay. c: If the color can be mixed red+blue=purple purple+red=fuchsia. They're a liiiiittle... harder to approve just because some liberties need to be taken but they're encouraged. It's just colors that are juuuuuust outside the range won't pass, unfortunately.
Okaaay. I can make the blues on the celestial with the wingblade colors, base can be mixed, starspeckled gradient is on the vinesss, and there's light enough colors on the mudpaw and wingblades to mix around so. I thinkkk that checks out fine.

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 06/24/2015 7:57 PM

b. Parents:
ImageImage
c.  Baby Markings: Split, celestial, banded
d. Parents Markings: Celestial, dweller, split, leopard, tailtip, hearts

Krypto: Parent's are still not pink enough to make the girl possible. The gold will still be too pale as well, but that could be an easy Evo-Lux fix.

b. Parents:
ImageImage
OR
ImageImage
c.  Baby Markings:Mane, carnivore, dweller, celestial
d. Parents Markings: Hearts, mudbelly, celestial, coontail, dweller, eclipse
2ND: Arach, belly, dweller, tearstain, celestial

Krypto: Base color I can get from mixing purple and brown.. orange mixed from cream and orange, white from eclipse and I can get that salmon color from the orange and pinks. I'd approve the first one. I'd just tweak the eye color at Evo-Lux and it's good.
As for the second combo... I can get the orange from mixing the red, orange and white together, white and orange for the offwhite mane/carnivore, red and white for the salmonish color. Only thing that would change is the base to something like #2c0c0c since it's got a slight purple tint to it. Other than that all good.

b. Parents:
ImageImage
Or
ImageImage
c.  Baby Markings: Bearhound, Celestial, socks
d. Parents Markings: Celestial, tearstain, bearhound, banded, vines
2nd: arach, celestial

Krypto: 1st option. Bearhound can be made with purple and black. The purple parent's colors are too warm, or close to red, so they might be tweaked slightly if this version is used. I'll level with you though. I'm struggling to make that soft pink color.
2nd option. Bearhound can be done. There's no real white on the new parent though, making it hard to get the white color on the tailtip gradient and socks, as well as lightening up the purple for the base color.

(Just an edit: the soft pink is actually purple. I colored the celestial with a light purple. I'm not sure if it looks pink on your monitor, but it looks like purple on mine. I could be wrong, since my color might be weird and off?)

b. Parents:
ImageImage
OR
ImageImage
c.  Baby Markings: Drizzle, celestial, mudpaw, tearstain
d. Parents Markings: Masked, celestial, splotched, storm, spades(1st), warrior, tearstain, mudpaw(2nd)

Krypto: That female works well, her colors are in the right range. I'd approve that one. Out of the two, I'd say the first pair is the better pair, since they have the male's unsaturated indigo blues. Whereas, with the new male, I'm struggling to make the deeper blues. I'd defo approve the first pair though.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Nyxia » 06/27/2015 9:14 PM

b. Parents: Image Image
c.  Baby Markings: Hyaena, Dweller, Kohl, X
d. Parents Markings: Warrior, Dweller, Spade, X & Hyaena, Bearhound, Appaloosa, Kohl

Krypto: Black-blue base inherited from parent, oranges inherited from parent. Pure grey hyaena can be produced by mixing silver wingblade color with any present grey. Wingblades inherited by parent. Eye color checks out too. Approving this one. c:

Bottles smashed, I raised my hand
How can you all even stand?
And why is there joy in this poison? Oh
Faking smiles and confidence
Driving miles to capture this excitement
I can't take anymore

You're never gonna get it
I'm a hazard to myself
I'll break it to you easy
This is hell, this is hell
You're looking and whispering
You think I'm someone else
This is hell, yes
I am in hell

We Don't Have to Dance - Andy Black
Nyxia
Ultimate Specialist
Ultimate Specialist
Pets | Items
Keystones: 609
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 07/02/2015 10:02 PM

(Just as a note, I edited my post above in regards to Amethyst, the purple 'cain ^^)

Krypto: Sorry, they're still quite different from one another, even if it doesn't look like much, that distance on the slider is significant.

b. Parents:
ImageImage
(Rent from Sarah)
c.  Baby Markings: Hooded, sunbear, fulltail, celestial
d. Parents Markings: Hooded, sunbear, celestial, fulltail, storm, leopard, splatter

Krypto: Pure white will not appear, off-white from mom's sunbear is closest found color. Pinks are good, can be achieved by mixing both parent's pink together. Eye color fine.

b. Parents:

ImageImage
c.  Baby Markings: Tailtip, socks, bearhound, celestial
d. Parents Markings: Celestial, hooded, sunbear vines, bearhound
Second: Bearhound, vines
(father can have tailtip/socks added to make it work)

Krypto: Bearhound is fine, base color is fine. Wingblade color not found on parents, same with eye color.

ImageImage
c.  Baby Markings: Drizzle, celestial, see-no, eclipse
d. Parents Markings: Drizzle, celestial, see-no, eclipse, reaper, coontail
(I used the pink and reddish color to make the drizzle a bright pink; she has mostly everything from her parents except that color, which ended up being brighter because of their mixed together bright red and pink colors)

Krypto: The colors on either parents are too undersaturated to make the pink color, you'd need something equally as bright (note the horizontal position of the color comparatively to the right edge. First row is the female's pink, second is the male's red and last is your pink. The brightest you'll be able to achieve is the position of the dad. If that makes sense. The other colors check out though.)

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Sarah » 07/04/2015 8:59 PM

Pet Image:
Parents:
ImageImage
Baby Markings: Leopard, Backsplash, Socks, Kohl
Parents Markings: Leopard, Belly, Socks, Mudpaw, Bearhound, Backsplash, Appaloosa(?)

Krypto: Looks good to me

Pet Image:
Parents:
ImageImage
Baby Markings: Chaos, Predator, Celestial
Parents Markings: Chaos, Predator, Celestial, Scar Belly, Lizard Legs

Krypto: This one too
-
-
-
-
-

G̵u̴i̶d̶e̶ m̸̹̍e̶̫͝ ȋ̴͙̗͒͗ņ̸̈͂ţ̶̯̣̥̦̎͗͒ổ̴̭̙̻̄̉ D̸̡̛̦̗̋͗̊̃̌̕͜ä̴̡̳̬͔̩̳̫͔̯̙͔̬͉̱̯̊̄̒̏ŗ̷̟̱͚̻̠̠͔̥̺͔͔̰͙̝͉̃̆͊̉ͅk̸̡̡͔̫̼̱̬̭͓̮͙͔̀̑̇̊̐̊͆̍̏̃ͅn̴̢̫͔͕̤̖̳̠̘̩̙̍͋͌́̍̊̈̓̂́̈̕̕͘͝͝ȇ̶̢̢̡̛̦͓̟̾̈̐̐̈́͊̑͠͝s̵̢̧̛͉̼̮̫̝̰̟͙̭̦͇̮̥͈͖̅͋͑̾̈͋̐͘͝s̴̨̢̧̨͚̗̗̹̱̞͉͖̻̰̹͓̲̎̊̒̈́̿̏͑͝͝
-
-
-
-
-
-

Documents :: Rentals :: Wishlist :: Journal
Sarah
Well-Traveled Specialist
Well-Traveled Specialist
Pets | Items
Keystones: 6401
Donate

Postby Freezair » 07/10/2015 8:16 PM

Image x Image
To make:
Using: Palette Potion
Kid's Markings: Akita, Drizzle, Masked
Parent's Markings: Akita, Split, X, Masked, Drizzle, Reaper

Krypto: The black is a little darker than the dad's black, so that would need to be lightened. The red is fine though. Wingblades are too orange and blue, so would not appear. Eye color would not appear either.

Image x Image
To make:
Parent's Markings: Akita, Split, X, Masked, Drizzle, Warrior

Krypto: Black is still an issue, and the red might have to be desaturated slightly since the last parents had to use mom's color to get desired vibrancy. Wingblade base color will not appear, neither will preferred eye color.

Image x Image
To make:
Parent's Markings: Akita, Split, X, Masked, Drizzle, Striped, Coontail

Krypto: Won't produce desired black or red, instead will produce lighter colors of both. Desired wingblade color would not appear. Eye color would not appear either.

Would any of these pairings be able to produce the boy? Thank you!

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 07/24/2015 12:06 PM

c.  Baby Markings: Predator / Mystwalker
d. Parents Markings: Belly/Flames/Chaos x Predator/Mystwalker/Spotted

Leaving off the wings and tail to be added later at evo-lux, of course! <3

Krypto: Please be sure to leave the wing and tail off the final design when you go to breed it. You won't be able to get pure #000, the darkest parts will be lightened to about #151515, as pure black is not accepted on pets any more. Eye color and toenail color will not appear as either colors are not found on the parents. Otherwise acceptable.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 07/24/2015 7:24 PM

c.  Baby Markings: Celestial, Lizard Legs, Sambava
d. Parents Markings: Celestial, Chaos, Mystwalker | Celestial, LizardLegs, Sambava

c.  Baby Markings: Mystwalker, Celestial, Chaos
d. Parents Markings: Celestial, Chaos, Mystwalker | Celestial, LizardLegs, Sambava

Krypto: All colors can be picked off the parents, looks good to me.
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5883
Donate

Postby DeadAlice » 07/28/2015 1:52 AM

Image Image
First Parent Markings
Mudbelly & Reaper
No mini-marks
Second Parent Markings
Drizzle
Kohl & Psi-Eye
Used Photoshop's Eyedropper Tool to pick the colors from each of the parents.
Palette Potion Baby
Main Body Color: Came from the second parent's main body color
Eye Color: Came from the second parent
Drizzle: Red color came from the first parent's Mudbelly and purple from the second parent's Kohl in a linear gradient.
Reaper: White came from the second parent's Psi-Eye
Kohl: Came from the second parent's main body color
Eclipse: The outer ring is the second parent's main body color and the inner ring is the linear gradient from the Drizzle
Wingblade Main: Linear gradient from the Drizzle
Wingblade Shadow: The main body color of the second parent
Wingblade Light: The first parent's wingblade light color
Nose: The first's parent's wingblade light color
Ears: The first parent's wingblade light color
P.S. Sorry if I made it way more complicated than it needed to be... :oops:

Krypto: If it's color-picked, it doesn't need to be here. It checks out fine to me in PS too.
Pen Shop Docs Wishes
DeadAlice
Master Explorer
Master Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 305
Donate

Next