Once home to the Crystal Cities of the Hunter clans, Craiss Caverns is now a hollow empty shell of its former glory due to a strange misfortune in the past. Man-made tunnels now lead to this place, but tales tell of some never returning. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Craiss Caverns

The Children Are Gone [P]

Postby AuroraSky » 10/15/2015 10:52 PM

NO LONGER A HUNT!

ImageImage

"What do you mean they're gone?" Aurora screeched, flinging off her covers and ungracefully coming to stand. She fumbled for her boots, nearly falling over with the effort, and one of her guards had to come to her aid. "They can't be gone, where would they even go?" She demanded.

Dragon shifted to his other foot, a worried expression on his face. "I...don't know." He admitted. "I got up for a drink of water, I think I'm still dehydrated from the trek-" He stopped then, seeing the impatience written on the Queen's face, and he flushed. "And I saw their sleeping bags were empty. At first I thought they might have gone for the restroom, but quite a bit of time has passed since then and I-"

"Thought you should wait so long before telling me?" Aurora asked him, narrowing her eyes and fishing through her backpack for the flashlight. She then regretted it; it wasn't Dragon's fault. None of them had known that the children had disappeared. They were all to blame. She sighed and rubbed her temple. "This is so like them. I knew this was a bad idea, especially with everything that's been going on..."[/align]

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 486
Donate

Re: The Children Are Gone [HUNT][P]

Postby AuroraSky » 10/15/2015 10:56 PM

ImageImage

While it had been quite fun playing amongst the crystals, as dazzling as they were, exhaustion was beginning to take it's toll on Martin's little body. The excitement had worn off, and he couldn't help but to rub his eyes, gentle at first but more aggressively the more and more he got tired. Not far from him, Cecelia was busy oohing and aahing, grabbing everything she could get her little hands on and examining it for just a few seconds before tossing it to the side. "Cece, I'm sleepy." Martin said for what seemed like the hundredth time on their little expedition.

"We'll go back soon." Cecelia called over her shoulder, also for the hundredth time. But Martin knew they would be no dragging his sister away; it was like they had found buried treasure. Well, it was. So instead, Martin curled up in the middle of the crystalline temple, his back pressing against the hard rock. He yawned again.

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 10/15/2015 11:00 PM

Cecelia looked over her shoulder when she suddenly didn't hear Martin shuffling around, and frowned when she saw her little brother beginning to fall into a deep sleep. This wouldn't be any fun if Cecelia was alone, she knew, so she crawled over to him and gave him a not so gentle nudge. Martin's eyes shot open. "What is it?" He asked her, trying not to be impatient with her. "Remember how you were telling me the story about Drax?" She asked. Martin nodded. "Do you think all the Hunters were really afraid of him?"

Martin nodded again. "That's what the story says. Legend told that Drax had a flail for a tail." Cecelia looked at him blankly. "You know, the metal ball with the spikes all over people from centuries ago used to use as weapons?" Cecelia nodded, regardless of whether or not she knew what he was talking about. "He would use his tail, swing it around, and crush the Hunters' temples, and the Hunters themselves."

Cecelia frowned. "That's awful." He nodded.

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 10/15/2015 11:05 PM

Suddenly a thought crossed Cecelia's mind, and she nudged Martin again excitedly. "Martin, wouldn't it be so cool if Drax was actually for real?" She asked then, a broad smile spreading across her face. Her baby brother looked at her incredulously, fear suddenly brimming in his eyes. "No, Cecelia, it wouldn't be cool." He said, almost wailing. Cecelia could never understand danger. "You already said Drax was probably made up. And I want him to be made up."

"But," Cecelia offered, rolling away from her brother and coming to stand. "But what if he wasn't? What if all those stories you heard are actually true, and Drax is still in the caverns? Wandering around like a, like a big dog zombie or something." Cecelia squealed with delight. "Do you think he knows we're here? Do you think he'll come?"

Martin sat up then, fright waking him up good and proper. "Cecelia, they say Drax is bigger than a grizzly bear. And his teeth are sharper than razors. And his flail could crush a person's face right in, flat like a pancake." He pouted. "And I don't want him to be real."

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 10/15/2015 11:10 PM

ImageImage

B strapped on her pack, tightening it into place. "Queen Aurora, we'll find them." She assured the monarch. She tossed the other pack to Raven, who pulled out a gun from the side. "They're just two little kids. They couldn't have gotten very far." She insisted.

But the Queen was still very much afraid. The Caverns had gone largely unexplored for quite a long time, and no one knew what lay in the vast maze of tunnels. That was the reason that Aurora had even led the expedition here in the first place; to assess to safety of the caverns. And now apparently a nine year old and a five year old had taken up the mission all for themselves. "We don't know how long they were gone for." Aurora said, uncertain. "Or which direction they're in."

"Martin is a smart kid." Dragon answered. "He would never just let them stroll aimlessly throughout the caverns, not with his level of caution."

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 10/15/2015 11:15 PM

"That's...actually a good point." Aurora admitted, flicking on her flashlight. She thought through it carefully. If the two children were on some sort of a mission, then where would the mission most likely take them? There wasn't much inside the caverns, Aurora didn't think, but perhaps..."The ruins." Aurora exclaimed, shining her light down the first tunnel. "The ruins. They must have gone to the ruins."

"Bunch of shiny crystals? Sounds just like something a kid would be interested in." Banks said, nodding. "They must have headed into that direction. But how would they have found their way?"

"I doubt they could ever come across it by chance..." Raven considered, drawing out a map from her pack. "But neither of them have a map with them. If they're at the ruins, then Martin got them there. And if we want to meet them, they we should get a move on." She shut the map close after committing it to memory, pointing down the first tunnel. "Through there then the tunnel on the first right." She confirmed.

The group hurriedly began to make their way into the caverns.

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 10/15/2015 11:18 PM

Cecelia could see that Martin was beginning to get worked up, and she sighed. Martin never wanted to have any fun; he never wanted to play pretend with her. He was always too scared. How annoying. "Martin, don't get upset." She tried, staring down at him coolly. "I was right before. Drax isn't for real. There's nothing in these caverns to be afraid of." She insisted.

Martin wiped his nose, sitting on his bum with his legs stretched out in front of him. He eyed her suspiciously. "You really don't think so?" He asked her, peering up at her with his big blue eyes. Cecelia shook her head firmly. "No. Like you said, Drax is old. He probably died a long time ago, if he was ever real. Like, he was a million years older than Mommy and Daddy, and they're both super old. So I think we're fine."

She picked up one of the crystals. "See? Just rocks. Lots and lots of rocks."

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 10/15/2015 11:21 PM

Well, if Cecelia truly didn't believe that Drax was real, then who was Martin to argue? After all, she was the big sister. She knew what she was talking about. So with that, Martin gave a final nod, as if to confirm to himself that he was just being a cry baby about it, and he returned to his spot to curl up on the floor. He let his eyes close.

Beside him, Cecelia sighed, watching her traveling companion begin to fall asleep. It hadn't taken long before she heard her little brother's soft snores, and Cecelia knew that she was finally alone. Peering around, she frowned. What was she supposed to do in the crystal ruins all by herself? She had already looked at a bunch of the crystals, and she had already played in a bunch of the temples, and everything was beginning to lose it's luster. There must have been something around here that was fun to explore. But what?

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 10/15/2015 11:23 PM

Cecelia hopped down the stairs in front of the temple. Some of them began to crack even more under her weight, so she was sure to move as quickly as possible without falling. She knew if she fell, then she would scrape her knee on one of the crystal structures and she would bleed. And she had to go back to the camp in one piece or they would know that she and Martin had snuck off. Cecelia thought then, how clever she had been to sneak away from all of the adults. They still must have been snoozing, while she was off having an adventure.

Cecelia eyed the ruins around her. They were vast, and shiny and sparkly. Like everything here belonged in a Princess crown. What to do first?

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 10/15/2015 11:26 PM

When he emerged from within the darkness of the cavern, his mere presence cast a large shadow over the crystalline temple. Drax sniffed the air a few times, tensing when his snout proved to be true; there was a scent in his caverns unlike anything he had smelled before. It wasn't Hunter, that Drax was sure of. The Hunters had a distinct, clean smell, and whatever was in the caverns now seemed to smell of something...grubby. Grubby and sticky.

Drax sniffed again. The Hunters wouldn't return, not after the terror he had released so long ago. In fact, for centuries nothing had been so stupid as to disturb his caverns, and he had spent more of his time hibernating and preparing himself for the next challenge. Drax sniffed. Had this new challenge finally come?

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 10/15/2015 11:28 PM

Martin rolled over on his side and blinked open his eyes. He didn't think that he had been sleeping for that long, but he couldn't be too sure. When he did open his eyes though, he noticed that something was off about the temple. It almost looked at if it had grown...darker? Though the children had been relying on the moonlight to guide their way through the ruins, Martin couldn't believe that the moon had just vanished so quickly. He hadn't been asleep for that long.

Turning over on his side, Martin saw then that Cecelia was gone. He sighed. It was just like his older sister to abandon him here, in the ruins, in the darkness, in a cavern. Where would the little girl even have gone, and gone without him no less? Martin sat up and rubbed his eyes, allowing himself a deep yawn.

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 10/15/2015 11:30 PM

When Martin did yawn and open his eyes, something terrible happened.

The shadow moved.

Martin was thankful that he had peed not too long ago, or else he would have surely wet himself. There was no mistaking it now; the shadow was moving outside of the temple and seemed to be trailing around the structure. The shadow was slow, lumbering about, and would pause every and then as if examining the crystals. Martin thought for a moment, prayed for a moment that it was just Cecelia, but in his heart and his mind he knew that shadow was far too big for that. No, this was something else. Something else.

Martin covered his mouth with his hands so that he would not scream.

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 10/15/2015 11:33 PM

Cecelia kicked one of the crystals, giving up on the expedition. While it had been fun for the short while, the crystals had now become so boring. She had even wandered all the way to the opposite side of the ruins, so far that she couldn't even see the temple that Martin was in anymore. Which, Cecelia knew, she shouldn't have done. If Martin woke up and saw that she was gone, he would be really scared. And although Martin could be such a baby, he still was her little brother.

Sighing, Cecelia decided it was best to turn back around. She would wake Martin and then she would finally allow them to return back to the camp, just like he had wanted. Then he could get some sleep, and maybe he would want to have an even better adventure in the morning. All she had to do was get back to Martin.

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 10/15/2015 11:35 PM

Martin didn't know what to do. He wanted to scream, he wanted to cry, he wanted to throw up, he wanted to pass out, but most of all he wanted to run. He wanted to run as far away as his little legs would take him. He wanted to run all the way back to camp, right into the Queen's arms, so she would toussle his hair and sing him that little song that he liked. He just wanted to be away from here.

The shadow breathed, and when it did it fogged up the outside of the temple. Martin was a little thankful for that, because maybe it meant that whatever was outside couldn't see him. Though, the way it was circling the temple meant that it would be no doubt coming to the entrance quite soon, and if it looked inside it would certainly see poor little Martin. And he couldn't let that happen.

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby AuroraSky » 10/15/2015 11:37 PM

Cecelia kicked another one of the crystals to the side, making her way closer and closer to the temple that Martin was in. She took a few more steps forward, casually glancing up, before freezing right on the spot.

Circling around the temple, even bigger than a grizzly bear, was the biggest dog that Cecelia had ever seen in her life. It was green and black and looked like it was on fire. It's snout was the size of Cecelia herself, and when it bared its teeth Cecelia could see that they did, indeed, look to be sharper than razors. Cecelia stood very still then, her heart beginning to pound so hard against her chest she was surprised the monster couldn't hear it.

It was then Cecelia noticed the flail on the tail of the monster.

I know you
I walked wi
th you once upon a dream
I k
now you
That look in y
our eyes is so familiar,

a gleam...

AuroraSky
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items