Almost large enough to be considered a theme park while remaining free to the public, Terrace Park is rumored to have been the site of the Grand Hollowheart's defeat, leading to the Hollowhearts first accepting a pact with humans. (+2 Fame, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Terrace Park

Re: A Day In The Park

Postby Kitsumi » 12/10/2015 10:47 PM

"Yup, second generation. I grew up hearing bedtime stories about their battles, Seven Voices Academy, and some jerk named Soubi." As they continued walking, he began brushing his thumb lightly over Michael's knuckles. "So you haven't told your parents anything about Wordspell Battles?" After a moment of thought, Jonas nodded. "Yeah, I guess I probably wouldn't tell mine either, if they hadn't already known about it. They'd probably think I was crazy or something."

Suddenly, he snapped his fingers with the hand that wasn't holding Michael's. "Oh! Speaking of my parents, I forgot to tell you. They said they were interested in meeting my Fighter once I found him. I haven't had the chance to speak to them in a while, but would you feel comfortable meeting them?"

like sunlight shining through the leaves
we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Pen :: Wishlist ::Breeders :: Docs :: Rentals :: Journal
Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 7109
Donate

Postby Jedi » 12/15/2015 9:39 PM

Though it was really short notice, Michael was glad that his Sacrifice would want him to meet his parents. "I'd like that. Maybe they could show us how a Fighter Unit works together." He quickly withdrew, hoping it was okay for him to say that. "If you think it'd be okay, that is."  He hadn't noticed, but his grip tightened around Jonas' fingers. He was hoping that Jonas would be okay with what he suggested, but wouldn't argue a single word against Jonas' opinion.

Like a mighty wind that bends the trees
We are strong
United
Mates

Imp. Docs - Zoo Pen - Wishlist
Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 22
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 12/15/2015 9:49 PM

Jonas laughed. "I bet they'd love the chance to show off. By the time I was ten, I had heard all of their stories a dozen times and wasn't very interested anymore. I was only interested in finding my own partner." He shot a smile towards Michael. "Anyways, they'd probably be super happy to have somebody interested in their skills. Maybe we could even have a Wordspell Battle with them. We'd all be careful not to hurt each other."

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 12/15/2015 10:26 PM

Michael couldn't tell if he was excited or nervous at the thought of battling with Jonas' parents. He felt slightly intimidated as well, knowing they must have a lot more experience. "I can't wait to see them. When would you like to go?" He was hoping that they'd go to meet them soon. Deep inside, he still felt a bit anxious at the situation.

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 12/15/2015 10:52 PM

Sensing his partner's nerves, Jonas stopped walking in order to look in Michael's eyes. "Hey, if you're nervous we don't have to battle them or anything. I just thought it was the easiest way for them to show off. You don't even have to meet them if you don't want to. I know it's kinda weird, meeting somebody else's parents." He smiled encouragingly at his partner. "If you do want to go, we could probably go sometime next weekend. We'd have to get permission to leave from the principal, though."

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 12/15/2015 10:59 PM

"No," he said as soon as he remembered their busy schedule. "I think we should go see them. Especially while we've got a day off. You never know when the next time will be. And I think it'd be fun to battle with them." He really was excited at the opportunity to meet Jonas' parents. "Why don't we head over now?" He figured the sooner he met them, the better. Michael at least wanted to get a sense of parents who actually knew about this whole word-battle world they lived in.

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 12/16/2015 1:19 PM

"Now?" Jonas was surprised by Michael's boldness. Usually the younger boy was quite a bit more reserved. Grabbing his cell phone, Jonas had to let go of his partner's hand in order to unlock it. "There's no reason for us to go over there." He had a feeling that it would only be harder for Michael, being in a strange place and meeting two strangers. "I can invite them over here. They probably aren't doing anything right now. Does that sound okay to you?"

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 12/19/2015 7:06 PM

Whether Breathless came to the park or Eclipse went to the house didn't really concern Michael. He was just anxious to meet the parents of Jonas. "I suppose it would be fine if they came here. I can't wait to meet them." Michael wasn't usually like this, but he was so pleased to finally have a day with Jonas all to himself. A slight pang of fear arose at the thought of his parents stealing him away, or at the idea that they wouldn't like Michael. He tried to suppress the emotions, but they showed up on his face. "Do you think they'll like me?"

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 12/19/2015 7:30 PM

Jonas laughed. "I wouldn't have thought you'd be so excited to meet my parents, Michael. Let me just give them a call." He dialed their number, spoke to them briefly, and then turned back to his partner. "They'll be here in a couple of hours. We have all day, so I hope you don't mind if I told them we'd wait."

Noticing his partner's fear, Jonas gave him a hug. "They have to like you! You're my partner, Michael. We were meant for each other. If they like me, they'll have to like you. And they have to like me, because I'm their son."

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 12/19/2015 7:43 PM

That calmed him down a bit, though he was still nervous about Jonas' parents. He had to do something to get his mind off of it. At least distract himself until they got here. "What do you want to do for now?" he asked his Sacrifice. "We could swing on the swing set if you're still up to it. Or we could even play on the jungle gym." He just needed something to do, and doing something fun with Jonas seemed like the best bet to calm him down.

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 12/19/2015 8:22 PM

"The swings sound fun," Jonas said. He could tell that Michael needed some help distracting his mind until Jonas's parents arrived. "Do you want me to push you for a while? I promise I won't go any higher than you want me to." He began walking over, pulling his partner with him. "I've only been to this park once," he commented as he waited for Michael to get on the swing. "How many times have you been here?"

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 12/20/2015 4:24 PM

He enjoyed the thought of being pushed on the swing by Jonas. He had started biting his bottom lip out of nervousness, but nodded his head at the question. Michael held on tightly to Jonas' hand as they walked over. He sat down in the seat, wiggling in it until he felt comfortable. Upon being asked how often he'd come here, Michael had to think over the brief period before he met his sacrifice. It had only been a for a few weeks after he transferred schools. "I use to come here every day when I moved here a couple monthes ago. Until I met you, this was my only sanctuary." He didn't get opportunity to see his parents, as he was boarding in Ten Moons.

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 12/20/2015 4:40 PM

Jonas waited to begin pushing Michael's swing until he was sure that the younger boy had a firm grip on the plastic-wrapped chains that the swing hung from. "Ready?" He pulled the swing back by the chains, and then released them while pushing gently on Michael's back. He moved backwards to keep from being hit, pushing a little bit harder each time his partner came close, until they had a steady rhythm going. "I'm sorry I wasn't here earlier." Jonas spoke so quietly that it was hard to hear him. "I wish I could have protected you better." He thought of the bullies that had attacked him on his first day. He wondered if the same boys - or others - had done something similar to his partner.

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 12/20/2015 4:48 PM

Michael recalled back to when he had started attending Ten Moons. He had been the new kids, and so he was fresh practice for the school bullies. And though they knew nothing of the word-spell battles, they were big and strong enough to push Michael around whenever he was nearby. Michael tried to stop thinking about the past, wiping away the tears he hadn't noticed welling in his eyes. "It's fine. It's not your fault, Jonas. I wish we could've met before also." His somber frown turned to a small grin as he continued. "At least we did meet. I don't think I could live without you."

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 12/20/2015 4:51 PM

If Jonas had noticed the tears, he probably would have stopped the swing then and there and wiped each and every one away. But with Michael's back to him, he wasn't even aware that the tears were there, and so he simply continued pushing his partner on the swing. "I'm glad we met too. And you won't ever have to live without me," he vowed. "Now that we found each other, I'm not letting you leave my sight. You're gonna end up getting sick of me." He laughed slightly, and then turned serious for a moment. "Can I tell you the truth though? I don't think I could live without you either." He paused, not sure how much he should tell Michael. He had always seemed like the stronger one, but there were things that Michael still didn't know about him.

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext