A city of white and silver, doctors from all over the world come to converge here and find work. Hospitals of all kinds decorate the white walkways of the city. There are many notable ones you can visit if your pet is in need of some attention. (+3 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Medicai City

Re: Lies and Disguises [M?] (Jedi)

Postby Jedi » 12/30/2015 2:41 AM

Shader was trailing his new target, hiding among the crowd as he watched the man's movements. So far, the man had interacted with a few vendors, purchasing a coffee and a newspaper, then chatting it up with a woman behind another counter. The man clearly didn't care for the ring on his finger as he started flirting with the woman he spoke to. No wonder Shader had been sent after this man. What a piece of garbage. He followed the man, changing between forms so he wasn't noticed. Just as he walked by, the man hadn't been paying attention to his coffee. Just the opportunity for him to slip something deadly into it.

He heard the phone ringing, so he pulled it out and answered it. "Hey Noelle. It's fine, I've got time. What did you want to talk about?"

Like a mighty wind that bends the trees
We are strong
United
Mates

Imp. Docs - Zoo Pen - Wishlist
Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 22
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 12/30/2015 2:44 AM

Good, at least she hadn't interrupted him. "Oh, well I wanted to thank you again for bringing me to Stacy's place." She sighed, feeling ashamed for her earlier skittishness. "I know I acted pretty paranoid when we first met. I hope you can forgive that, and understand where I was coming from. The people who want me back...well, there was a reason I ran away in the first place." She bit her lip, wondering if she was saying too much. "Anyways, just, um, yeah. Thanks for everything. Is there any chance I'll be able to see you again sometime? Maybe soon?"

like sunlight shining through the leaves
we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Pen :: Wishlist ::Breeders :: Docs :: Rentals :: Journal
Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 7114
Donate

Postby Jedi » 12/30/2015 2:56 AM

"It's okay," he said to her. And it really was fine, considering that he was the one after her. Though she was merely another job for him, he rather thought well of her. Especially since he was to keep her from harm. "Don't worry, I understand that you're in danger. I might be able to help you with your situation, remember? And I can come over right now, if you want. If it's okay with you." He just had to come up with an excuse as to why he'd have to leave by five. That way, he'd have time to leave as John and return as Stacy.

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 12/30/2015 2:58 AM

The woman perked up at the idea of having company. "Oh, please do! I've actually been starting to feel pretty lonely." After a pause, she added, "Maybe you could talk about how you think you could help me? Honestly, I'm starting to think I'm never going to escape my...I mean...I just don't think I'll escape the trouble." She didn't want to mention the family by name. "If you have any possible ideas, I'd be happy to hear them."

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 12/30/2015 3:08 AM

"Well I'd be happy to come over. And I'd love to help you with your situation." In all honesty, he wouldn't be helping her at all. He'd be merely distracting her from it long enough for her to forget about it. But he did have to keep up the impression that John wanted to help her. "I'm just finishing up what I'm doing, so I'll be over right away. It shouldn't take me any more than half an hour." He looked back at his newest victim who had started coughing up blood before his throat completely dissolved before the crowd. "I'll see you soon." He'd hung up the phone just in time as people began noticing just how severe the man's condition was. Several women even began shrieking and screaming.

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 12/30/2015 3:22 AM

"Perfect," Noelle said happily. "I'll see you in a bit, then." Although she had already tidied up, Noelle was sure to do a quick once-over to be sure that the apartment was clean enough for guests. She was a bit of a perfectionist, she realized. Once she was sure that everything was in order, she sat on the couch with a book to wait for John. Normally she wouldn't just take somebody's books off of their shelves. But Stacy had told Noelle to make herself at home, and she needed something to do to pass the time.

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 12/31/2015 12:24 AM

It was nearly ten thirty when Shader got back to the apartment. He knocked on the door to let Noelle know that he was just outside the room, but let himself in. He was in his John Parker form, which was what she'd recognize him as. "Hey Noelle. How are you coming to like it here? I hope you're getting along with Stacy." He looked around as if to expect her to be here. "Did she have work today? I couldn't remember." This was a lie, as not only was Stacy not at work, he was Stacy. One of the many benefit's to being a shapshifter was the ability to twist stories into a false sense of truth.

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 12/31/2015 1:42 AM

Noelle jumped at the sound of knocking, but was relieved when the door opened to reveal John. "You know, I probably shouldn't have been startled. It's not like I didn't know that you were coming over." She laughed, trying to ease her embarrassment by seeing the humor. "Stacy's great! I didn't expect her to be so open to a total stranger." She gestured for him to join her on the couch. "Yeah, she's at work today. Hey, are you thirsty? Hungry? I might as well play host, since Stacy's not here."

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 12/31/2015 1:51 AM

"It's fine," he said to her. "I know my way around here, so you don't have to cater to my needs." He made his way to the fridge and took a jug of orange juice from it. "She keeps the vodka behind the ice cream, just so you know." Just as he said, he also took a bottle of cold alcohol from the freezer. He grabbed a couple of glasses and began pouring a drink for himself. "How about a Screwdriver? You are old enough to drink, right?" He couldn't quite say that he knew her age, but she had the look of someone over twenty-one.

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 12/31/2015 2:02 AM

"Oh, good," Noelle said with a grin. "Because I had no idea where to find the drinks." She giggled at the tip he gave her. "I'll be sure to remember that. You always have to know where the alcohol is. Especially when you have a past that's worth running away from." For a moment her expression turned dark, but she shook her head and forced a smile. "I sure am." A lie. Her twentieth birthday had only recently passed, but she had sneaked drinks back at the farm as often as possible during her teenage years. And she had the advantage of looking a few years older than she actually was.

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 12/31/2015 3:43 AM

He shrugged it off, realizing that she was lying about her age. It was really no concern of his whether she were of age to drink. After all, he was committing far worse acts on a daily basis. So he filled the other glass half way with OJ and the rest with the hard liquid. "To new beginnings," he said while handing her the drink. He took a big swig of his own glass, feeling the cold liquid burn it's way down his throat.

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 12/31/2015 3:47 AM

"New beginnings," Noelle echoed. There was no hesitation as she tipped the glass back, taking a slow gulp of the drink. "Huh," she said in surprise. "Stacy must have a pretty damn good job. She can afford to have guests live with her at a moment's notice, and apparently she also can afford the good alcohol." Blushing slightly, Noelle wondered if it was a bad sign that she could tell the more expensive liquor from the cheap stuff. "Oh geez, I hope I don't sound like a drunk or anything."

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 12/31/2015 3:59 AM

He waved her off at her comment. "Don't worry, I doubt you're anything like that." He took another swig, waiting for it to get past the initial burn. "So who exactly are you running from?" he asked in curiousity. He didn't know anything about his employer. He preferred never meeting face to face with a customer. That way, they never had the chance to pull one over on him. But he rarely had targets he wasn't tasked with killing. This posed a unique opportunity to learn from a different perspective. "I mean, if I'm going to help you, I'll need to know as much as I can about your stalker."

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 12/31/2015 4:09 AM

The comfort that Noelle felt upon knowing that John didn't think badly of her soon vanished as he began asking questions. "I think I may need to drink a bit more before I start talking about them," she said quietly. Gulping down half of her drink quickly, she winced before she began to speak. "I don't want to tell you too much. But...they're not good people. And I'm not the only one that they've kept in their clutches. I'm just the first who managed to successfully escape." Tipping the glass up, she polished off the rest of her drink easily. Holding out the glass to John, she asked, "Another?"

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 12/31/2015 4:17 AM

He took her glass and began pouring another round for her. He was about halfway through his, but he figured he'd top it off as well. His curiosity was peaked at least when she'd mentioned not being the only one there. That was expected though, especially since they wanted her back alive. The thought of actually helping her sounded tempting, but he never sided with his targets. Bad for business. "If you don't want to continue, I understand. I just want to make sure I can help you to the best of my ability."

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext