A city of white and silver, doctors from all over the world come to converge here and find work. Hospitals of all kinds decorate the white walkways of the city. There are many notable ones you can visit if your pet is in need of some attention. (+3 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Medicai City

Re: Lies and Disguises [M?] (Jedi)

Postby Jedi » 01/01/2016 2:40 PM

Belle Charming? What name could he possibly make up that sounded familiar? Perhaps Bella. That's not uncommon. As for the last name, maybe... Chandler? Channing? That's it. Bella Channing. That sounded close enough to mistake it. He tried coming up with the idea without giving away his pondering. "And the shelter. Where is that? I mean, is it close by? Would we have to worry about if anyone might be looking around here?

Like a mighty wind that bends the trees
We are strong
United
Mates

Imp. Docs - Zoo Pen - Wishlist
Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 22
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 01/01/2016 2:49 PM

Now that the buzz was beginning to wear off, Noelle realized that John was asking a lot of questions. "I...I don't remember which shelter I used that name at," she lied. Her eyes narrowed as she tried to read him. "Why exactly are you asking? You already know they're looking for me in the area. What should it matter how close the shelter was to this place? As long as they didn't follow me here and I don't step foot out of this apartment, they shouldn't be able to find me. Right?"

like sunlight shining through the leaves
we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Pen :: Wishlist ::Breeders :: Docs :: Rentals :: Journal
Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 7114
Donate

Postby Jedi » 01/01/2016 2:57 PM

Shit! Shader could tell that he'd overstepped his words. Perhaps she was starting to sober up. "Sorry, I'm just trying to keep you safe. It never hurts to be too careful." Though it wasn't intentional, alcohol seemed to be a good way to get her to talk. He just had to know when it was getting too invasive. "You said you don't know who your family is. Is there any chance you would want to know?" Maybe he could do some investigative work for her. Perhaps he'd be able to dig something up.

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 01/01/2016 5:43 PM

Noelle sighed. "Sorry, I suppose I'm a bit paranoid." Although she appeared to ease up, the red flags had already been raised. She tried to appear calm and collected as they continued talking. Hopefully he wouldn't realize just how hard she was studying him. His next question absolutely floored her though, taking her mind off of everything else. "I...I've never thought about contacting them," she said. "At least, not since I first found out what happened. I doubt they'd want me now. I'm all grown up, and I'm...tainted."

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 01/01/2016 5:48 PM

Though she was a potential target, he couldn't help but feel sorry for her. He raised his hand to silence her. "You're perfectly fine. You just have bad people after you. But whoever your parents are, I'm sure they're missing you just as much as you're missing them. Of course, they've probably known about you for a lot longer. And if you want, I can try to help you find them." Shader extended his hand in an open invitation. "What do you say?"

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 01/01/2016 5:52 PM

Shit. This was something that Noelle had never allowed herself to want - a family. "I...I'm not sure you understand fully," she said. "I was raised by criminals, John. I was a criminal myself, simply by association." She didn't reach for his hand. "I wouldn't want my family to be in danger. If I were to find them, too many questions would be asked. I may have ran away from the family, but there are still rules that I cannot break. One of those rules is not to give away crucial information about the family."

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 01/01/2016 5:59 PM

That will make freeing you all the more difficult he thought to himself. I almost wonder if I should just turn you in. Even just thinking that gave him a pang of guilt. The pain showed on his face, but could easily be mistaken for concern. "I just hope I can ensure you a safe life. This really is dangerous water we're treading on. And if you don't want to risk the safety of your actual family, I understand. But don't think I'll let you get rid of me that easily."

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 01/01/2016 6:01 PM

The woman simply shrugged. She didn't know how to respond. "Well, thanks for your help." At this point, she didn't know whether or not to trust John. Hoping to get him out of the apartment, she faked a yawn. "I think I may need a nap. I hope you don't mind?"

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 01/01/2016 6:11 PM

"Not at all," he said as he took the hint. "I'll see you later Noelle." He closed the door behind him, finding the key in his pocket before locking it. He looked at his watch, only to find that it was just past eleven thirty. It would be six and a half hours before Stacy would get home from work. Just enough time to scout out Noelle's tracks. Maybe he'd find the brothers she'd mentioned. Posing as Bella Channing might trick them into giving up the search. Sure, he'd lose out on his payment, but there was something different about Noelle.

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 01/01/2016 7:13 PM

Hopefully, John wasn't the type to worry about people following him. Donning a black hoodie and a pair of sunglasses - both "borrowed" from Stacy - Noelle left the apartment about three minutes after John had. She had watched from the window to see which direction he had gone in, and now she tracked him as stealthily as she could. If he was up to anything suspicious, she wanted to know what it was. Something about him just put her on edge. And after what she had been through, she wasn't ready to just start ignoring her gut when it told her that something might be wrong.

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 01/01/2016 7:24 PM

Something definitely felt different about this evening. Perhaps it was a change in the temperature, but he doubted it. He guessed that this whole Noelle business was starting to mess with his emotions. Still, he couldn't help feel like he was being watched. He walked down the street for a while until he came to a gas station. He went inside and talked to the store clerk for a bit. At the time, he was wearing a blue turtle-neck under a formal jacket and some dark blue trousers. After conversing for a minute or two, Shader asked if he could use the bathroom. He entered the restroom as John Parker, but left as someone completely different.

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 01/01/2016 8:09 PM

Noelle was pretty good at staying out of sight. At the farm, she had been forced to sneak around whenever she wanted to do something like drink or stay up past curfew. But she guessed that John could tell he was being followed when he ducked into a gas station. Cursing and hoping that he wouldn't notice her, she entered the gas station only after she had seen him step into the bathroom. With the sunglasses still on and her hood pulled up, Noelle hid her face in a gossip magazine while waiting for John to exit the bathroom.

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 01/01/2016 8:26 PM

John stood in front of the mirror, channeling his focus. He thought back on the past twenty-four hours he'd been watching Noelle. Every thought brushed over his face like waves of luminescent energy until his face slowly settled. He looked in the mirror at himself, but stared in amazement at the sight of Noelle. Cherry red hair, buzzed close to her head, emerald eyes and even a drop in height. A perfect match. Even his attire was different. She now wore a red tank top under a tight black leather jacket. Her short black denim skirt was kept appropriate by the purple leggings underneath.

All he had to do was tweak it a little so it was obviously NOT her. He added freckles, and a bit of blond at the base of her hair as it grew to a foot in length. "Hello," he muttered in her voice perfectly. "That's gotta change." He repeated hello until it sounded very different, almost British in accent.

She then stepped out of the bathroom, ready to check out the scene. Creating a new form for herself expended a lot of energy, so she purchased a four pack of Monster. When she got outside, she downed the first three cans and pitched the last. She then skipped merrily towards the homeless shelter.

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kitsumi » 01/01/2016 8:44 PM

Nothing could have prepared Noelle for the truth behind John. When the door to the men's bathroom opened, the woman nearly fainted. Somehow, John - if that was even his real name - had become her doppelganger! Well, close to it, at least. His hair was actually similar to how hers had been before she shaved it short, minus the blonde. If anything, he looked more like the person she had been when she first left the farm than she did!

Whatever he was up to, it certainly wasn't good. Noelle continued to trail him from a safe distance. Her stomach dropped and she began to feel sick as she realized that he was heading to the homeless shelter where she had checked in. This was probably where someone from the family had spotted her. Was he coming to meet with them?!

we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Jedi » 01/01/2016 9:08 PM

Merely three minutes later, she came up to the homeless shelter. He spotted a couple of brutish thugs, whom he guessed to be the big brothers that Noelle had mentioned. She stayed in their sight so that they'd notice her, but made no attempt to confront them. Bella approached the short line of fellow homeless, taking her place in it. Not long afterwards, the two brutes stormed over to her. They made no attempt to seize her, as it was in too exposed an area for them to do anything. They merely followed closely behind until all three of them had entered the building. Perhaps they'd recognize her and realize that they were on wild goose chase.

We are strong
United
Mates

Jedi
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext