A city of white and silver, doctors from all over the world come to converge here and find work. Hospitals of all kinds decorate the white walkways of the city. There are many notable ones you can visit if your pet is in need of some attention. (+3 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Medicai City

[2.3]

Postby Remedy » 03/06/2016 7:03 PM

A... conversation? The unexpected series of events had her adrenaline pumping and her mind spinning, causing the young woman to pause in order to process what had just happened. She narrowed her eyes, extremely uncomfortable with the idea of putting down the brush and following this lunatic's whims. However, at the sudden threat on her life, she was jolted to the reality that she was in a very undesirable position.

With hesitance, she dropped her arms and crouched slightly in order to gently place the brush on the floor of the tub. While doing so, she kept her eyes fixed suspiciously upon the man. She looked at the door, then back at him. Remembering his previous threat, she decided it would be best to concede to his wishes until the ideal opportunity arose. "Alright," she said cautiously, stepping out of the shower.

However, she paused before the door, feet suddenly frozen to the ground. The idea of having her back to this man as she walked down the dark hallway had all sorts of red flags flashing through her mind. "...How about you lead the way," she carefully suggested, "So I don't get lost again." She held her breath, trying desperately not to show the fear and discomfort she felt. There was something off about her new acquaintance, and it was deeply unsettling.

I think back to the time when my search first began,
I left behind those shores of sand
For the endless everlasting world out there.

I know that with this burning passion driving me
Someday, somewhere I'll finally see
The light I have searched for everywhere!

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

HomeLogWishTradeImp. Docs
Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1982
Donate

Re: Thought I Smelled a Rat [P; Pickle and I] [Possible M]

Postby zapdragon555 » 03/09/2016 2:44 AM

Cyril watched as she put down the brush, glad at least that she was cooperating quietly. He didn't much fancy getting the bathroom dirty with a fight. He stepped back just a bit to allow her room to cross the bathroom floor to the door into the hallway, and he followed after her, leaving the bathroom door open and light on.

Cyril raised an eyebrow a fraction of a centimeter at the thief's request. Fear. There was fear in her voice. He couldn't stop the small thrill from running up his spine, but he quelled it before it fully reached his brain. "Of course," he said slowly, keeping his thoughts forced down. He'd gotten his energy out already--he'd ridden that horse until it was ragged. There was no need for these kinds of nervous energies flitting through his fingers, with his knife so close in his inner breast pocket.

"What kind of tea do you like? I'll put a kettle on, as long as we're quiet enough," he offered, keeping his mind on mundane things, despite it being the middle of the night and his guest being a burglar.

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 485
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

[2.4]

Postby Remedy » 04/29/2016 11:50 PM

Uneasiness crept through her body at the sickly sweet polite nature of the young man's attitude. It seemed very clear that his open-mindedness was a facade; surely it was just an act meant to dissuade her uncertainties. What this man could possibly want from her, she had no idea.

When he inquired about her tastes in tea, she was caught off guard. "Uh... regular is fine," she replied, making it blatantly obvious that she had no clue what variety of tea existed. Truthfully, she was much more of a coffee person... though she wouldn't mention that, because she wasn't truly planning on drinking anything he handed her. No need to make him go through the extra effort just to fail at drugging her.

She kept these suspicions to herself, instead focusing her attention of finding any possible escape route out of the building. He could easily kill her, sure, so she wasn't just going to make a wild break for it. Any escape plot had to be well thought out: therefore, she went to thinking.

I think back to the time when my search first began,
I left behind those shores of sand
For the endless everlasting world out there.

I know that with this burning passion driving me
Someday, somewhere I'll finally see
The light I have searched for everywhere!

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

HomeLogWishTradeImp. Docs
Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1982
Donate

Re: Thought I Smelled a Rat [P; Pickle and I] [Possible M]

Postby zapdragon555 » 05/10/2016 9:35 PM

Cyril had to crack a smile at her answer, a soft chuckle escaping him. Without his father's gaze weighing heavy on him constantly, he found it easier to laugh at trivially amusing things. In a way, it was a bit freeing--he was in complete control of the situation, for once, and he reveled in it. Once they'd reached the kitchen, he stepped inside, keeping a careful eye on her over his shoulder as he went up to the stove and began to set up some water to heat. "So while we're waiting for that," he began, turning around and leaning his hip on the counter, fixing her with an ominously attentive expression. "What's your story? Your reason for breaking and entering. If you're after my father's money in particular, I don't exactly blame you."

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 485
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Previous