Nice and peaceful, Nabias offers a great place to start your journey or stock up on supplies before heading out to brave the rest of the wilderness out there. They also have Barakka's largest hospital facility to treat all sorts of injuries you could get out there. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Town of Nabias

Smoothies [Self]

Postby ToxicShadow » 09/28/2016 4:01 PM

The smoothie shop was quaint, not one that belonged to a larger chain. It had a good location. And it had good reviews, too. For that, a reasonable crowd was drawn inside. They were typically fairly busy.

Rhosey pushed open the door to the shop, making her way inside. She, and the one already waiting for her inside, had arranged a small date. They each only managed a small breather from their separate work, after the usual lunch crowd had long since gone. It was around two in the afternoon.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2824
Donate

Re: Smoothies [Self]

Postby ToxicShadow » 09/28/2016 4:01 PM

Aside from a group that were grabbing their smoothies and heading toward the door to leave, the shop only had one other guest. He was a strange young man, based on appearances. Wearing a skull on top of your head, well, most politely, that was strange. Others might say creepy, disturbing, or even worse. He'd heard it all, really, and then some.

Upon seeing the woman, which some might also way was strange, enter the shop, he rose from his comfortable, brightly colored chair.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 09/28/2016 4:07 PM

Spotting him, Rhosey made her way toward the table where he sat, wearing a faint smile on her lips. When she arrived, he stepped around the table, and they shared a hug in greeting.

"How was work, Mother?" He asked, once they had pulled away.

He and Rhosey looked to be around the same age, somewhere in their twenties. However, the woman didn't comment on the way he addressed her.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 09/28/2016 4:11 PM

"Same as usual," she answered, without giving it much thought. In a public space such as this, Rhosey wouldn't typically go into details. This, the man was aware of, but asked as simple courtesy.

"What about you, Leon?" she returned the question. "How is work at the store? Have you been busy?"

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 09/28/2016 4:14 PM

"About the same as always. We haven't had any particularly interesting customers today. You're not missing out on anything." In other words, it was a boring day.

The place in which Leon worked was actually owned by Rhosey, and she was the boss. She did more than one thing for a living, though. So, when she could not be there, it was left in Leon's capable hands.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 09/30/2016 8:05 PM

Simple greetings over, the woman's gaze shifted away from Leon and toward the menu. Looking it over, they had several options that sounded as if they would appeal to her preferences. "Looks like they have some nice flavors," she commented, idly.

"Yeah. I got the..." he trailed off for a moment, to double check the name on the menu. "The very berry blast. It's pretty good. Want to try it?" Leon then picked up the large smoothie cup that had been sitting, ignored, on the table.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 09/30/2016 8:08 PM

With the drink offered to her, Rhosey reached out and took it without a thought. Such a thing was normal between them. After all, Leon had grown up trying things that Rhosey was eating, as most children did.

She took a small sip, judging the taste. "It doesn't have strawberries." She realized this, easily, even with such a small taste.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 09/30/2016 8:12 PM

"Yeah. They made it without it when I asked."

Leon was deathly allergic to strawberries, and none of the medicines of this world or the last one seemed to remedy or counteract the problem. Supposedly, it had something to do with his species, as a whole. After all, he had grown up in a far different world. A world that entirely lacked the plant and fruit; he hadn't recognized it the first time he tried it. And, although he loved the taste, it killed him within moments.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 09/30/2016 8:16 PM

Of course, also because of what he was, he didn't stay dead. His species was difficult to kill, unless their bodies were completely annihilated. They would simply heal and regenerate. Although, it was at the cost of their memories. They could be restored through outside means, afterwards, but Rhosey would still never forget when Leon was afraid of her, attacked her. She wasn't angry at him for it, it only hurt her not to be remembered.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 09/30/2016 8:20 PM

She returned the smoothie cup then without saying anything in regards to the past memories. "I'll go order." Rhosey moved toward the counter, eyes still on the menu. When someone approached on the other side of the counter to greet her and take her order, she had decided. "I'll try the Mango Mash."

"Of course! What size?"

"Ah, a medium." A small certainly wouldn't be enough, but she didn't feel up to a large.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate