Nice and peaceful, Nabias offers a great place to start your journey or stock up on supplies before heading out to brave the rest of the wilderness out there. They also have Barakka's largest hospital facility to treat all sorts of injuries you could get out there. (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Town of Nabias

Re: What I'm thankful for? [Self][Quest]

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/20/2016 5:03 PM

"I'll go first."

Candy heaved a sigh and tried not to let her relief at those words show too much on her face. Like ripping off a bandage, she preferred painful news quickly and directly and didn't like waiting for it.

She forced a smile, and took his hand as he reached for hers. This was new; they had held hands before to pull each other along, and over a Thanks For Life Day dinner, but this gentle almost-caress was definitely new. It peaked her curiosity, and her heart filled with hope.

[91]
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2056
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/20/2016 5:05 PM

Crax took her hand and held it gently. He wanted to pull her closer, to hold her and never let go. He hoped after this speech that she would be open to it, welcoming to him.

"I'm thankful for a lot of things" he began, launching into the speech he had prepared. Suddenly, she was all that he could see, and all that he wanted, and he smiled as she leaned in slightly closer without realising she had.

[92]
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/20/2016 5:09 PM

"I'm thankful that we have this holiday, so that we can share thanks with our nearest and dearest" he said, stressing the nearest and dearest part ever so slightly.

"I'm thankful that we have walls to keep the turkezilla out, and garlands to ward them away. I'm thankful that we have locks on the doors and windows." He knew he was pushing the normal things, but he wanted to lead up to the important one gradually, and didn't want to leave anything out.

"I'm thankful for this room, where we are cosy and warm." He gestured around them with his free hand, before taking her other hand gently in it.

[93]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/20/2016 5:28 PM

"I'm thankful for our tradition of going away for Thanks For Life day, to let us clear our head and visit new places. I'm thankful that we always have a good time, even when we must stay indoors." He paused a moment and stroked her hand with his thumb.

"I'm thankful that we're here, together, with delicious food and beautiful decorations. I'm thankful that we're financially stable, and have enough to enjoy ourselves regularly."

[94]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/20/2016 5:32 PM

"I'm thankful for our friends, whom we adore, and for our family though they're gone. I'm thankful for loves we've had and lost and found, and people close and far."

He took in a deep breath; this was it - the moment, the plunge into the unknown.

"I'm thankful most of all for you - for your kindness, and sweetness, and support. I'm thankful that I have you here, by my side, and I would - I hope to have you for forever."

[95]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/20/2016 5:40 PM

He released one of her hands, and reached into his pocket to retrieve a small black velvet gift box.

"Candy, you've shown me what life really is, and how to love again. You taught me how to stand and smile, and helped the pain ease. You are my everything, and I want to be your everything. Would you - Will you marry me?"

He opened the box, and inside was a beautiful white-gold ring with a large pink pearl in the centre, and three round diamonds in a triangle pattern on each side.

[96]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/21/2016 3:43 AM

For a moment, she was shocked and speechless. This was not how she had expected it to go at all - but it was so much better.

"Yes" she whispered, tears brimming in her eyes and a watery smile upon her face. "A thousand times yes!"

Crax grinned in relief, as he slid the ring onto her finger. It was a perfect fit - as well it should be, for he himself had measured her favourite ring when she wasn't looking so as to be sure!

[97]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/21/2016 3:46 AM

It was now Candy's turn to give thanks, but the unexpected proposal left her quite speechless. In the end, she could only mutter a few words about being thankful for all that he had said, and for him wanting her as she wanted him.

They settled down to eat, with new smiles and flirtatious looks at each other. The food had turned out perfectly, right down to the moist deliciousness of the turkey, and they were soon mostly full.

"Would you like dessert now, or shall we wait until later?" Crax asked, placing a soft kiss upon the back of Candy's hand.

[98]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/21/2016 3:50 AM

"That depends, is it a heavy dessert or a light one?" Candy giggled, Crax's lips tickling against her skin. It was lovely to be able to act this way after all the time they had spent together. To be able to hold hands and give gentle kisses, maybe even to cuddle up by the fire that evening...

"It's quite light; I'll bring it out for us. I'll only be a moment." Crax squeezed her hand, and went to retrieve the cheesecake. His heart was soaring; she had accepted his proposal, and would be his wife - he couldn't have been happier.

[99]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 11/21/2016 3:54 AM

Candy gasped as he brought the cheesecake to the table. Not only had he made her favourite dessert, he had decorated it beautifully - though he could have simply slapped it together, and she would have loved it in that moment. She couldn't wait to have a slice, and as she tasted the first bite she smiled in pure bliss.

That Thanks For Life day would be her favourite memory for a very long time, she thought to herself as she smiled at her new fiance. She couldn't wait to share it with all of their friends back home!

[FIN]

[100]

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous