Almost large enough to be considered a theme park while remaining free to the public, Terrace Park is rumored to have been the site of the Grand Hollowheart's defeat, leading to the Hollowhearts first accepting a pact with humans. (+2 Fame, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Terrace Park

A Walk in The Park [Self]

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/10/2016 5:45 PM

Laika ran through the gates of the park, panting happily. She was so excited that she tripped over herself and landed in a heap at the base of a tree. She loved going to the park, and went as often as possible. The feeling of the grass beneath her paws was one of her favourite feelings. She loved to chase leaves in the breeze.
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2056
Donate

Re: A Walk in The Park [Self]

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/10/2016 5:48 PM

She yapped happily as a butterfly descended to land on her nose. She flipped herself over and it flew away. She ran through the park, chasing the butterfly. When she couldn't see it any more, she bent down to sniff the flowers around her feet. They were very pretty, and richly coloured.
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/10/2016 5:49 PM

Laika sneezed as pollen got into her nose. She sneezed twice more before shaking her head and rubbing her snout with her paw. The pollen was very ticklish, and she could feel it still in her nose. She decided to wash her snout in the river that ran through the park. She trotted over to the water, still sneezing.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/10/2016 5:51 PM

As she dipped her head in the water, a friendly Lohlani popped its head out to look at her. Laika was startled and lost her footing. She suddenly plunged into the cool water head first. She broke the surface of the water, spluttering, and it scared the Lohlani away. She paddled to the bank and pulled herself out of the water.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/10/2016 5:55 PM

Laika shook herself, sending water droplets flying in all directions. She sat down to scratch behind her ear, dislodging plant matter. She shook her head again and sprang forward happily. Her nose no longer itched, and that made her smile. She bent her head and sniffed a lily pad that had fallen off her back.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/10/2016 5:57 PM

Laika trotted towards a patch of thick grass that was growing at the base of a tree. She flopped down onto it and rolled around, using it to dry her back. She liked the way the grass tickled as she rubbed against it. She sat up, and looked around her for something to play with. Above her head, a curious Matches perched, watching her.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/10/2016 5:58 PM

Laika spotted a stick lying under a tree a little way away. She jumped up and raced towards it, barking happily. The Matches flew away in surprise at the sudden noise. Laika didn't notice the matches, as her attention was on the stick. She pounced on it and rolled over, coming to a stop with it in her mouth.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/10/2016 5:59 PM

She began to jump about with her front legs bent. She barked at the stick happily, landing on it every now and again. After a little while, she flopped down onto her belly and began to chew on it. It tasted fresh, like it had fallen from the tree recently. She liked the way the bark and sap smelled sweet.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/10/2016 6:01 PM

Laika eventually got bored with her stick. She wandered off further into the park. Soon, she spotted a cuniflare hopping around. She crouched low, and began to crawl towards it. Her tail was wagging happily at the thought of playing with it.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/10/2016 6:03 PM

The cuniflare spotted Laika and bolted. Laika chased after it happily, tail wagging. She thought it was a game, but the cuniflare was scared. Suddenly, it bolted down a hole in the ground. Laika bounced around outside the hole, barking happily.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/10/2016 6:05 PM

She decided to dig down to see if she could follow it. She began to dig, throwing mud and grass around. Her tail never stopped wagging, even as her front end disappeared into the earth. She soon got bored, however, when she found she couldn't follow the cuniflare. She shook herself, and trotted back to the pond to wash the mud off.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/10/2016 6:06 PM

This time, she didn't hesitate at the water's edge. She ran towards the pond at full speed and jumped in. A large splash sent water everywhere. Laika's head broke the surface a moment later, and she barked happily. She began to splash about as she swam to shore.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/10/2016 6:08 PM

Laika shook herself out, and flopped over in a patch of sunlight. She liked how the warmth felt on her fur. She rolled about, chasing her tail. A butterfly came and perched on one of her paws. She snapped her jaws at it playfully. The butterfly took flight, and this time she watched it go from where she lay.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/10/2016 6:10 PM

Laika began to get hungry, and wandered off to find something to eat. She didn't mind eating leftovers, so she headed for the picnic area. Children tended to drop food as they ate, she thought. She had a sniff around, and found a half-eaten hamburger. She tucked into it happily, eating it in four bites.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/10/2016 6:12 PM

Laika sniffed around some more, and found a hotdog without the bun. She licked it, and pawed at it to turn it over. The underside was coated with mustard, which made her mouth tingle. She ate it anyway, because she was hungry and it was free. She then went to find some water to drink.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next