Almost large enough to be considered a theme park while remaining free to the public, Terrace Park is rumored to have been the site of the Grand Hollowheart's defeat, leading to the Hollowhearts first accepting a pact with humans. (+2 Fame, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Terrace Park

Re: A Walk in The Park [Self]

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/18/2016 6:05 PM

Laika walked over to the hole and sniffed cautiously. The whistling had gotten a lot quieter, but she could feel movement in the air. She lowered her head and peered through the hole. To her dismay, there was a large branch lying in front of it. She wasn't sure she would be able to get out!
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2056
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/18/2016 6:06 PM

Laika was worried, but she was also strong. She squeezed as much of herself through the hole as she could, and began to push at the branch. It moved a little, but it was very heavy. The snow also made it harder for it to move. Laika pushed again, panting a little with the effort.
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/18/2016 6:08 PM

Laika kept pushing at the branch with her head and front paws. It moved away from the hole, little by little. Finally, she was able to squeeze her back paws through the hole. By pushing against the tree with her back paws, she was able to move the branch further away from the hole. She finished pushing it, and sat down, panting from the exertion.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/18/2016 6:16 PM

After a short rest, Laika looked up. She could see that a hole had been made in the trunk when the branch fell. The hole had caused the trunk to split open slightly. She whined in sadness as she realised the tree would no longer keep them warm. It would be dangerous to stay as it would dry out and begin to crumble.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/18/2016 6:19 PM

Laika turned around and wandered back to the hole. She squeezed her way into it and made her way to the draculi. She nosed at it to get its attention, then gestured to the hole. It narrowed its eyes in understanding as it realised she wanted it to see outside. It frowned, and gestured with its head at the small creatures clinging to it for warmth.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/18/2016 6:21 PM

Laika flopped down onto her side beside the draculi. She was bigger, and gave off more heat. The small creatures felt the warmth coming off of her and moved to huddle against her. Once they were all off, the draculi got up and stretched. It wandered over to the hole and made its way outside.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/18/2016 6:23 PM

The draculi returned a moment later, frowning. It sat down in front of her and shook its head. Laika understood what it meant and whined sadly. They would have to leave their tree and look for a new den. It would be too cold - and too dangerous - for them to stay.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/19/2016 3:39 PM

Laika nuzzled the creatures that were clinging to her for warmth. They would not survive a trip out in the cold for long. She frowned, then glanced over to the side of the hollow. There was the picnic basket from the day before, now empty of its contents. She could carry it in her jaws, and the plastic lining ought to keep it quite warm and dry inside.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/19/2016 3:41 PM

But what would they put in it to keep the little creatures warm? Laika gestured with her head at the basket and the small creatures, and the draculi narrowed its eyes. It turned away and slipped back out of the hole. Laika curled in on herself, wrapping the smaller creatures in her tails. She shivered, as a gust of wind blew through the new cracks in the tree.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/19/2016 3:44 PM

The draculi popped its head back in through the hole a little while later. It proceeded to drag in a plastic bag. Inside the bag was an old torn blanket, a ratty old sweater, and a threadbare scarf. Thankfully, they were dry - it seemed the bag had kept the snow off of them. Laika smiled at the draculi, and pulled the items out of the bag.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/19/2016 3:45 PM

Laika pulled the items close to her and sat on them to warm them up. Her idea was to put them inside the basket while they were warm, so that they would keep the small creatures warm. She hoped it would be enough to protect them from the cold. She had no idea where they would be going. She hoped they would find something warm and dry quickly.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/19/2016 3:47 PM

A short while later, Laika decided the sweater, scarf and blanket were warm enough. She used her mouth to push the blanket into the basket first. She then placed the sweater into the centre of the basket. Finally, she pushed the scarf into the basket on top of the sweater. She hoped the folds of material would be enough to keep the little creatures warm and sheltered.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/19/2016 3:59 PM

Laika carefully nosed the little creatures into the basket one at a time. They climbed in carefully, grateful for the warmth inside it. The batti shivered as they curled up together. The Drakel climbed in beside them and wrapped them in its tail again. Laika smiled, her heart touched by the kindness of the little Drakel.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/19/2016 4:00 PM

Laika raised her head as the draculi mewed loudly. The wind was beginning to pick up again outside. The draculi paced back and forth by the hole. Laika understood that it wanted to get going. She nodded in agreement, and the draculi stopped pacing.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 12/19/2016 4:02 PM

Laika picked the basket up carefully with her jaws. Inside it, the little creatures huddled closer together. They trusted her and the Draculi to get them to safety. Laika carried the basket gently, then placed it down in front of the hole. She used her nose to push it through the hole carefully.

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext