A city of white and silver, doctors from all over the world come to converge here and find work. Hospitals of all kinds decorate the white walkways of the city. There are many notable ones you can visit if your pet is in need of some attention. (+3 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Medicai City

Re: "Soulmate" Means Forever [L/M Private]

Postby MillietheWarrior » 12/25/2016 5:42 AM

Joe and Bill chose that moment to return with drinks, and Sledge took the opportunity to slide out of the booth, nudging George and gesturing meaningfully with his eyes. George nodded quickly, scooting out to let the Marine free and Sledge breathed a sigh of relief; there was no way he was about to break up a God damn brawl just because Snafu wanted to rile up another Cajun and his Soulmate. No fuckin’ way. The bonds of brotherhood in battle only went so far. Besides, he’d already gotten Lizzie’s number, so he was good.

“Snafu, we should get goin’ back to barracks. Bill and Burgy will be wonderin’ where we got to. Come on.”

Lizzie scooched out of the booth quickly so Snafu could leave, the tension making her move faster than she normally would have.

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 12/25/2016 5:43 AM

Sam had stopped chewing her burger, lips pressed tightly together as she stared between Eugene and Snafu, who hadn’t dropped eye contact since the latter had spoken. Very slowly, still smirking like the devil himself, Snafu slid out of the booth, beer still in hand. Eugene didn’t look away, scowl firmly in place as he contemplated how hard he’d have to hit the guy to knock him out with one punch.

“Well, guess yo’ right, Sledgehammer. We should get back to barracks.” He took one last drink and set his empty beer cup back on the table.

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 12/25/2016 5:43 AM

“Sho was nice meetin’ ya’ll. ‘Specially you, Sam. Thanks for the fries, the good conversation, and the fun time. I hope we meet again soon.” He winked, and edged around Toye, who was glowering as darkly as Gene, ready and probably more willing to punch the cheek out of the way-too-fresh Marine.

Sledge grabbed Snafu’s arm and beat a hasty exit, his sense of self-preservation far greater than his friend’s. “What the fuck is your problem?” he hissed quietly as they weaved through the crowd. Snafu only chuckled lowly, looking back over his shoulder once at the glaring group of Paratroopers before Sledge dragged him all the way out of the bar.

“Stirrin’ the pot,” he replied, reaching into his pocket for a cigarette. “That’s all.”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 12/25/2016 5:44 AM

The car ride home with Gene was a little too tense for Sam’s liking.

After the Marines had left, the atmosphere had been pretty well ruined, and Sam had quickly finished her dinner and bid goodbye to the men and Lizzie (who had decided to leave at the same time; she didn’t really talk to anyone, and Sam felt bad that she hadn’t stayed to introduce her), all but pushing Gene out the bar in front of her. Babe had tried to stop her and ask her what was wrong, but she’d only gestured meaningfully to her Soulmate with her hand, and he’d nodded slowly, muttering that she should “take him home already if he’s going to be such a fuckin’ wet blanket.”

Gene still hadn’t said a word, even when they pulled into her driveway and he turned off the SUV. Sam finally sighed, turning in her seat to face him. “Okay,” she demanded. “Whatever you wanna say, you better say it. And for the record, you don’t need to be pissed off right now.”

“I’m not…pissed off,” Gene began haltingly, but even Sam could tell he didn’t believe his own words.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 12/25/2016 5:45 AM

“You’ve been acting like a bulled up puppy since Snafu made that stupid comment about me. If it bothered you so much, you should’ve just punched him and been done with it. He was annoying, but he was harmless. He was probably just trying to get a rise out of you.” She made a vague gesture with her hands in the air. “For some reason, you men always like to cause trouble with each other. He was probably playing Alpha Cajun with you.”

Sam saw Gene’s lips quirk just slightly as he turned to look at her, raising one brow. “Alpha Cajun, huh?” he echoed.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 12/25/2016 5:45 AM

Unclipping his belt, he ran a hand through his hair, sighing softly. “Sorry, Sam. I jus’ don’t like guys like that. Fuckin’ assholes who just say things for the sake of being an asshole. His friend seemed okay, but that Snafu fella? I dunno.” He shrugged his shoulder. “Maybe he…made me jealous. Maybe. I’m not sayin’ he did.”

Sam quirked her lips as Gene looked over at her with a pitiful expression, and she reached out and gently tugged on his cheeks, turning them up in a smile, making him sputter with laughter and swat at her hands. “Don’t be jelly, Gene.”

“Well, he said you gave him some of yo’ food. And when I try to get some, ya hiss at me and call me the spawn of Satan.”

“I do not!”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 12/25/2016 5:46 AM

“The last time I took some chips off your plate you started yelling dramatically about needing a ‘young priest and an old priest’ and then flicked soda at me and said ‘the power of Christ compels you to give me back my chips!’ before you tackled me to the floor and took them back by force.”

“…That…might have happened…”

Gene fixed her with a look, and Sam puffed out her cheeks when he laughed. “Sorry, Sam. I won’t act like a ‘bulled up puppy’ no more. I can’t promise I won’t punch that guy the next time I see him, but eh.” He shrugged. “Marines ain’t paratroopers.”

“Of course they aren’t, Gene,” Sam replied, blowing the air out of her cheeks and unbuckling her belt. She flung open the car door, stepping out and watching as he did the same, before she dug around in her pocket for her house keys. “You know,” she commented, finding her key and holding it up in the porch light. “I’ll admit; you are really adorable when you’re jealous.”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 12/25/2016 5:46 AM

“I think you mean ‘manly and intimidating.’”

“I compared you to a puppy, Gene. There is nothing ‘manly and intimidating’ about you.”

Sam had only just gotten the door open when she found herself being scooped up into Gene’s arms and carried inside. She squeaked, nearly dropping her key as he kicked the door shut and set her on the island counter that separated the living room from the kitchen beside the front door.

“Gene, what the fu-” Her loud shriek of annoyance was cut off by his lips as they came crashing down on hers.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 12/25/2016 5:47 AM

“Okay, wh-what-” Sam tried again, pushing at Gene’s shoulders just slightly, but that only succeeded in forcing him to switch from her lips to her neck, and she clamped her mouth shut to muffle the moan that would have escaped as he settled between her legs, hands clamped on her hips.

“I’m attemptin’ to change your mind,” Gene muttered against her skin, and Sam sucked in a sharp gasp as his breath ghosted over her neck.

“Oh,” she murmured, fingers reaching up to find his hair and tearing a groan from his lips. “Then by all means, please, please do.”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 12/25/2016 5:48 AM

“Do you have to go?”

Sam shoved clothes into her bag, debating over particular shirts or pants before tossing them into ‘yes’ and ‘no’ piles and folding the ‘yes’ clothes into her duffel.

“Yes, Gene,” she replied with a sigh. They’d been over this a hundred times already. “This is a once in a lifetime opportunity, and I’m not going to pass it up because my Soulmate is being clingy.” Clingy might be an understatement, Sam decided.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 12/25/2016 5:49 AM

Gene was hanging off the edge of her bed in full uniform, boots and all, and had just gotten back from the base; he’d had training that day with the company, and Sam knew he was exhausted. But really, there was no excuse for the whining. Or the clinging.

The literal clinging.

He’d wrapped his arms around her hips, cheek pressed against her thigh as she tried to twist and turn and pack while he was doing his impression of a whiny leech. “Gene,” she grouched. “Let go. I have to finish packing.” She heard him muffle a sound of distress in her jeans, and she reached down to gently run her fingers through his hair with another loud sigh. “Oh come on, we’ve talked about this. It’s only going to be for a few weeks, at most. And then I’ll be back. It’s the only way I can get out of this stupid student debt and live a more comfortable life. Doesn’t that sound good, sweetheart?”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 12/25/2016 5:49 AM

Gene blew a long puff of breath against her hip, turning his head to look up at her with one baleful eye. “I guess,” he managed, and Sam had to fight to keep from snorting in laughter at how much he resembled a petulant child. It really was for the best, though.

She’d been offered a temporary position at an army hospital outside of New Jersey, nearly eight hours away; it was like an internship, and a special program to help nurses and doctors who had a mass amount of student debt. If she went to work for them for at least a month at one of their bases that was desperately in need, they’d pay off what debt she had left (if she’d been a doctor, they’d probably only have been able to pay half, but being a nurse hadn’t set her back as far as a doctorate would have). Dick Winters had pulled a few strings to get her the position, and she swore she was going to buy that man something nice when she got back.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 12/25/2016 5:50 AM

It was really a Godsend, but she knew Gene didn’t see it that way. He’d been pouting about her decision to go for nearly a week, and despite talking it over and both agreeing that it was a wonderful idea, he still didn’t like the idea of her being away from him for so long, especially when she’d be so far away.

“Geeeene I won’t be gone forever. And we have Skype, and our phones and all kinds of things, so don’t worry, okay?” His arms tightened around her hips and he suddenly rolled, pulling Sam along with him; she shrieked in surprise, and then with laughter as he crushed her to his body, arms wrapped around her. “Oh my god, you big jerk! You have to let go so I can pack!”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 12/25/2016 5:51 AM

Gene just laughed, fingers poking at her side as he held her close. “I just wanna be sure you don’t forget me while you’re gone for so long,” he murmured, resting his forehead against hers. “It’s gonna be mighty lonely with ya here.”

“Gene, it won’t be that long. And I could never forget you. Christ, I’m going to have to buy Babe flowers and chocolate for putting up with your bullshit while I’m gone, aren’t I?”

Gene raised an eyebrow, a smirk pulling at his lips. “Maybe.”

Sam sighed, pressing a kiss to his lips and giggling. “If you’re this much of a hassle with me still here, then I’m going to go broke trying to make this up to Babe. I just know it…”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 12/25/2016 5:52 AM

Babe loved Eugene like a brother.

The guy was about the most selfless, caring, giving person he’d ever met. He always put others before himself, and he was practically the mother hen of the company. He was a dedicated, hard-worker who never asked anything of anyone that he wasn’t willing to do himself.

But if Babe had to spend another day with him, he was going to murder the fucking asshole in cold blood.

Ever since Sam had left for her stint in that hospital outside New Jersey, Gene had been a God damn mess. He still went to his shifts at the hospital, was still as dedicated as ever to his training and his time with the company, but when they got home, all he did was sit on the couch, eat a granola bar, and turn on some shitty movie that Babe wanted nothing to do with.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

PreviousNext