A city of white and silver, doctors from all over the world come to converge here and find work. Hospitals of all kinds decorate the white walkways of the city. There are many notable ones you can visit if your pet is in need of some attention. (+3 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Medicai City

Re: "Soulmate" Means Forever [L/M Private]

Postby MillietheWarrior » 12/25/2016 5:53 AM

He didn’t talk so much as whine about things, though he always did it in French and always under his breath, so Babe wasn’t sure if it was whining or cursing.

The whining he could stand. The bad eating habits he could live with. But if he had to watch one more stupid rom-com movie about when ‘Harry met Sally’ or some shit, he was going to lose it. That was where he drew the line.

So Babe did something he never imagined he’d have to do; he went to see Winters and Nixon to see if there was something they could do about this.

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 12/25/2016 5:54 AM

That was where he found himself, standing in front of his CO’s desk with a very amused Nixon sitting off to the side, eating a bacon sandwich. “Listen, sir, I gotta be honest,” Babe started, deciding to choose his words carefully. “I’m goin’ outta my mind here. Gene’s great and all, but…Permission to speak freely sir?”

“Granted,” Winters agreed, the faintest traces of a smile on his face.

“If I have to watch one more shitty movie about some long lost lovers reuniting or missing one another, I’m literally going to snap and we’ll be down one good medic, sir.”

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 12/25/2016 5:54 AM

Nixon nearly choked on his sandwich, bursting into laughter as Babe shifted awkwardly from foot to foot. Even Winters had let his smile slip through, and his blue eyes were twinkling with mirth. “Duly noted, private. Unfortunately, there isn’t much I can do about the situation. Sam will be back in another two weeks, so do you think you could hold out until then, Babe?”

“I don’t know, sir.”

“Listen,” Nixon called, and Babe turned his head to face the other captain, eager to see if an intelligence officer could offer him some gems of wisdom or relief.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 12/25/2016 5:55 AM

“Why don’t I give my sister a call? She and Sam got pretty close workin’ at that hospital together, so I think she could come over and be a buffer between you and Gene for a while. I’m sure she knows how to deal with a mopey significant other; she’s broken up with enough guys to have developed a very close relationship with Mr. Ben and Mr. Jerry. She’ll be able to at least give you a few days’ reprieve, Babe.”

Babe felt his shoulders slump forward, and he nearly sagged with relief. “Oh my God, thank you sir. If your sister can at least get him off the couch, then she’ll be a Godsend. I just need like, two days away from his glass case of emotion.”

Nixon smirked as Winters laughed softly, clearly amused at the entire situation. “Duly noted, Babe. Reinforcements will be on their way.”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 12/25/2016 5:55 AM

Elizabeth Nixon showed up at Gene and Babe’s shared home when Babe wasn’t there, storming into the house without bothering to knock and finding Gene curled up on the couch, fast asleep.

She stood over him, hands on her hips, and shook her head. “Jesus Christ,” she mumbled. “This is just sad.”

She cleaned up the chocolate wrappers and mountain dew cup that he had sitting beside the couch before she made her way into the kitchen to start making some sort of food. She decided that his intervention could wait until he was at least awake. Pulling open the fridge and taking a look at what she had to work with, Lizzie was surprised at how well stocked it was. She’d imagined that they would be like her brother after his wife—his non Soulmate—divorced him: beer and cold pizza.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 12/25/2016 5:56 AM

But Gene’s fridge was well supplied, and she rooted around until she found what she needed to make a lasagna (what kind of men had all of those ingredients in their house? Really?), and set about getting dinner started for Gene, herself, and his roommate, Babe.

She’d seen Babe at the bar with the other men the night Eugene Sledge and his friend Snafu had slid into the booth with them and wheedled at her and Sam to annoy them. Lizzie had found Sledge endearing, and had given him her number, but they really hadn’t worked out. He was nice enough, but she’d had enough one time things and flings to last a lifetime, and she’d rather look for something a little more permanent.

Gene was familiar to her, but she’d never even spoken to Babe; Sam had been put off by Snafu and had left soon after the men had arrived, and never got a chance to introduce them. Lizzie had quickly beat a hasty exit when Sam left, not wanting to be the odd man out in a group of boys she didn’t really know that well. Sure, her brother had talked about them often enough, but she was only really familiar with Richard Winters, Harry Welsh, Ronald Speirs and Carwood Lipton, all of whom were officers, and close friends of her brother. She’d been too intimidated to try to be friendly.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 12/25/2016 5:56 AM

Lizzie kept her hands busy with putting the food together, the sound of the TV Gene had left on and his quiet snores the only thing filling the empty house. Vaguely, she wondered how Sam was doing, and if she was in as sorry of a state as Gene. She hoped that there was someone—anyone really—who would look after Sam when she was so far from home and the people who cared about her.

The sound of the door opening startled Lizzie, and she almost dropped the spoon she was using the stir the meat she was browning in a pan. Boot steps indicated that whoever had come in was headed towards the kitchen, and she turned to see Gene’s red-headed roommate stop just on the threshold.

“Living with this guy made me think I was the only one in the whole damn world who could cook. Glad to see someone else has my rare talent.”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 12/25/2016 5:57 AM

Lizzie’s hand froze, mouth dropping open in surprise as she fixed Babe with a wide-eyed stare. He drew back a little, creeped out by the look on her face, when she said, very slowly: “You’re the Philly boy with the big mouth and the annoying habit of acting like everyone’s mother, aren’t you?”

The backpack Babe was holding in his hand dropped to the floor with a loud ‘thump,’ and Gene startled awake on the couch, rolling over with a groan and fixing the two with a curious, sleepy look.

“Wha’s goin’ on?” he drawled tiredly, looking between the brunette and the red-head who had both frozen in place in the kitchen. “Lizzie, what are you doin’ here…?” When no answer came, he switched to his roommate. “Babe?”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 12/25/2016 5:57 AM

“Holy shit,” Babe muttered, unable to answer Gene or tear his eyes away from Lizzie. “Um…I think the meat is burning.”

Lizzie gave a start, quickly turning back to the stove and flipping off the burner, before she put the pan and the meat off to the side. She was breathing heavily, fingers trembling as she carefully set the spoon on the counter, and turned back around. “Did…did that just…?”

“Happen? Yeah, it did.”

Gene was still immensely confused, eyes darting back and forth as he slowly lifted himself from the couch. What the hell was going on?

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 12/25/2016 5:58 AM

Sam stepped off the train clutching her bag and feeling like she could probably sleep for a week.

Her work had been grueling, and the shifts were almost harder than the nights in the ER back home, but she’d managed all right. And in a few days, her debt would officially be cleared and she would be a free woman. The prospect of maybe being able to afford a nicer house in a nicer area was making her giddy; maybe she could even convince Gene to move in with her. She’d totally invite Babe too, and maybe they could get a dog or a cat. She’d always wanted an animal, but renting from her landlord meant that she wasn’t allowed so much as a fish in the house.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 12/25/2016 5:58 AM

Mind filled with ideas and the future, Sam almost didn’t see Gene until he plowed into her, sweeping her up into his arms and twirling her in a circle. People gave them a wide berth as Sam leaned down and captured his lips with hers, arms winding around his neck and squeezing with glee.

“I missed you,” Gene mumbled against her lips, and she chuckled softly.

“Gene, we talked on Skype last night.”

She could feel his lips turn down in a pout. “But that was through a computer; I couldn’t hold you through a computer.”

“Holy flying monkeys, Batman. That was corny.”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 12/25/2016 5:59 AM

Gene laughed, giving her another squeeze before he set her back on her feet, taking her bag from her and slipping his arm around her waist to lead her to the car. “So, a funny thing happened while you were gone, and I was told I had to keep it hush-hush until you came back.”

“Funny as in ‘ha-ha funny’ or funny as in ‘I’m going to regret hearing this’ funny?”

His smirk didn’t instill any confidence in her. “Well, Babe found his Soulmate.”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 12/25/2016 5:59 AM

Sam tripped on her feet, choking on air as she nearly face-planted; only Gene’s strong grip on her waist kept her from becoming intimately acquainted with the concrete. “Holy shit!” she cried, and a few passersby shot her dark looks of annoyance as they passed. She ignored them in favor of tugging on Gene’s arm excitedly, a wide smile on her face. “Oh my God! Oh my God! That’s so exciting! Who is it? Anyone we know?”

“As a matter of fact…” Gene pointed ahead to where his familiar SUV was waiting, and the two people standing beside it, waving ecstatically as she came into sight.

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 12/25/2016 6:00 AM

“Holy shit. Holy shit,” Sam muttered. “There is no God damn way. Nooooo way!”

“Yes way!”

“I don’t believe this!” Sam shouted, wiggling out of Gene’s hold (and ignoring his immediate scowl) to run towards the two near the car. She practically tackled Lizzie and Babe, hugging each one with an arm and squishing their faces as they laughed. “This is some crazy stuff!”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 12/25/2016 6:01 AM

“I know!” Babe agreed, sharing a look with Lizzie, who giggled quietly as her Soulmate wriggled out of Sam’s arm and stepped back to open the trunk for Gene to put her stuff in.

“I was only going to their house to try and snap Gene out of his funk-” Lizzie admitted, ignoring Gene’s snort of protest. “And then Babe came in and…well, the rest is history. I never would have imagined and…it’s just so awesome! Of course, Lewis isn’t exactly all that excited-”

“That is an understatement,” Babe grouched.

“-But he’s happy for us.”

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous