Almost large enough to be considered a theme park while remaining free to the public, Terrace Park is rumored to have been the site of the Grand Hollowheart's defeat, leading to the Hollowhearts first accepting a pact with humans. (+2 Fame, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Terrace Park

Fireworks and Falling Stars [Quest, Self] [Finished]

Postby FieldsofIris » 01/11/2017 3:51 PM

Whisper's footsteps would have been echoing through the forest if they actually made noise. She streaked through the underbrush, laughing and jumping with excitement.

"We're almost there," she yelled over shoulder, the flames along her body whipping about. She didn't care to listen for a response, her attention directed elsewhere as she caught a glimpse of soft fire light emanating from the tree line ahead.

With an excited yip, she used a burst of speed to jump through the blockade and land on a gently sloping hillside. She gazed over the bustling plain of Terrace Park to see all sorts of humans and creatures gathering to bring in the New Year together.

With a great sigh, she slumped down impatiently, tails thumping as she waited for her fellow reapers to catch up.

And is there a God up there? 'So,
where does he hide?
'Cause the devil is raging inside my
mind
And is there a moment where it all
makes sense?

~Amen by Amber Run~

FieldsofIris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 170
Donate

Re: Fireworks and Falling Stars [Quest, Self]

Postby FieldsofIris » 01/11/2017 4:01 PM

ImageImage

Aqen was next to burst out of the forest, nearly sending himself head over hooves down the hill. Whisper exploded with laughter as the Aries sheepishly righted himself and stood next to her. "That wouldn't have happened if you hadn't run off," he faux-whined as he nudged her with a hoof.

"Yes it would have, and she still would have laughed." Aqen jumped, startled by Pyre's sudden and silent appearance beside him. This caused another round of laughter from Whisper as Aqen turned his whining to their other friend.

As the Yonyuu calmed him down, the Fellox pulled herself together and stood, ready to continue on down the hill.

"Let's go, let's go," Whisper urged. "I would have gone on without you guys if you were gonna spend all of our vacation time goofing off!"

where does he hide?
mind
makes sense?

~Amen by Amber Run~

FieldsofIris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FieldsofIris » 01/11/2017 4:26 PM

With that, she took off down the hill, leaving Aqen to follow her hurriedly. Pyre, on the other hand, was much more cautious. He had never seen a crowd of this magnitude, and he was sure that his appearance was unsettling for some.

It's bad enough that I'm a Yonyuu, he scoffed to himself. He remembered the bad omens his kind represented. Not to mention the glowing eyes, or that mark. Indeed, being in a crowd of strangers was much more harrowing than being among close friends and colleagues.

With a deep breath, the Yonyuu rose to two legs and shifted into a humanoid form. Nobody spared him a second glance as he brushed through the crowd after his friends.

where does he hide?
mind
makes sense?

~Amen by Amber Run~

FieldsofIris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FieldsofIris » 01/11/2017 5:11 PM

After about fifteen minutes of apologies to creatures whom he tripped over and to humans he had bumped into, Pyre was enveloped by two pairs of familiar arms.

"Pyre!" Whisper pulled back and cupped his face with her hands, glancing from eye to eye worriedly. She and Aqen must have shifted into their humanoid forms somewhere along the way, Pyre thought as he wrapped an arm around Aqen, who was still buried against his shoulder. He brought his free hand up to Whisper's shoulder, giving it a squeeze.

"Are you alright?" She stopped inspecting his face and instead held his gaze steadily. "Aqen and I noticed you were gone shortly after entering the crowd. We figured it would be easier to find you if we were taller."

"We were so worried!" Aqen pulled back, but kept his arms loosely around Pyre's waist.

At that, Pyre grinned and pulled them both close again, squeezing them.

"I'm alright now," he breathed quietly over them. After one last squeeze, he released them. "Come on," he urged as he noticed the sun setting. "If we're not careful, we won't get to our spot before the show starts."

where does he hide?
mind
makes sense?

~Amen by Amber Run~

FieldsofIris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FieldsofIris » 01/11/2017 6:27 PM

With that, Pyre took Whisper's hand in his and pulled her after him towards an open spot in the field. Whisper felt her cheeks heat up, and she smiled softly as she curled her fingers in his.

The exchange did not go unnoticed, and Aqen smirked behind his hand as he followed. After reaching the spot, the three arranged themselves close together, with Whisper between Aqen and Pyre. The three huddled together in order to hear one another.

where does he hide?
mind
makes sense?

~Amen by Amber Run~

FieldsofIris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FieldsofIris » 01/11/2017 6:37 PM

"So," Whisper smirked, a mischievous glint in her eyes. "What are everyone's New Years resolutions?" Pyre immediately groaned, and Aqen grinned widely.

"Well, I want to start my own garden," he said proudly. Pyre nodded as if considering this, but Whisper's smirk only widened.

"Are you going to tell a certain someone that you like her?" Aqen's face heated up, and didn't that make Whisper grin like the cat who caught the canary. "I'm sure I don't know what you mean," he sputtered. Pyre bit his cheek trying not to laugh.

"Oh, you know," she leaned closer. "A certain someone whose name sounds like 'Shiela'?" Aqen's blush darkened, only confirming her suspicions. Pyre nudged Whisper, unwilling to see Aqen faint from the amount of blood in his face.

"He will do so when he's ready," he said. Aqen smiled in relief, before Pyre continued, "Leave the poor lovesick boy alone." Pyre couldn't help but to crack a small smile at his own wisecrack, and Whisper burst into laughter at Aqen, who fell backwards in defeat.

where does he hide?
mind
makes sense?

~Amen by Amber Run~

FieldsofIris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FieldsofIris » 01/11/2017 6:48 PM

"What about you?" Pyre turned to the still-giggling Whisper. She wiped a tear of laughter from her eye and looked toward him with a small, inquisitive noise. "What are your resolutions?"

"Well," she inhaled deeply. "I would really like to stop playing pranks on Sickle." She stared at Pyre with a stony visage. Both he and Aqen looked at her, mouths agape in shock. After a moment, she burst out laughing again, harder than last time.

Pyre stared at her with a deadpan expression as Aqen rolled his eyes. They waited for her to calm down again, before Aqen repeated the question. "C'mon, I told you mine," he reminded her. "You gotta tell us, now!"

She got control of her laughter and looked at them both seriously. "In complete seriousness, I would like to take up sewing." She smiled as she looked up at the stars, and the firelight from nearby lanterns played across her face. "My sister used to do that, a long, long time ago. It'd be nice to have something to remember her by." Pyre squeezed her hand in understanding, and Aqen leaned his head on her shoulder.

where does he hide?
mind
makes sense?

~Amen by Amber Run~

FieldsofIris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FieldsofIris » 01/11/2017 11:58 PM

The group took a long moment to simply bask in each others' warmth as they gazed up at the stars. We must have been here for a long time, Pyre thought as his gaze flickered across the sky. The backdrop to the stars above was completely black now, a huge difference from the bright orange of the sunset.

Whisper pulled her gaze from the stars and turned to look at him. "Your turn," she said in an uncharacteristically quiet voice. He looked down at her, quirking an eyebrow. "What is your resolution?" His other eyebrow joined the first, and he looked surprised at her inquiry.

After a moment of silence, his brow relaxed and he looked her, completely focused. He took a deep breath, as if steeling himself, and sighed, "Whisper." She frowned slightly.

"What is it?" Pyre leaned in closer to her, and her eyes widened. "Is it something I said?"

"No, I -" A resounding boom echoed around the clearing, startling them both.

where does he hide?
mind
makes sense?

~Amen by Amber Run~

FieldsofIris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FieldsofIris » 01/12/2017 12:10 AM

"Wow!" Aqen's face was one of wonder as he stared at the colorful light display above them. Whisper followed his gaze, and her face lit up almost as bright as the fireworks.

"It's finally here!" She grinned and wrapped her arms right around both of her friends' necks, pressing their cheeks to hers. "Happy New Year!" Aqen laughed and wrapped an arm around her waist, while Pyre smiled softly and brought his arm all the way over to Aqen's shoulder.

The trio stayed this way for the rest of the show, taking in the feelings of excitement, friendship and love that encircled not only them, but the entire park.

where does he hide?
mind
makes sense?

~Amen by Amber Run~

FieldsofIris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FieldsofIris » 01/12/2017 12:16 AM

The show has been over for a long time now, and everyone in the park was getting ready to leave. But that didn't mean the good cheer had faded. Families, friends, and strangers alike shared their wishes for all to have a happy new year.

"Happy New Year!" Aqen's voice joined the chorus sounding from all of the creatures at the park. Whisper laughed with joy, and Pyre looked at her from the corner of his eye. My resolution, he thought as Whisper began giving Aqen a noogie, Is to become more open about my feelings. The two broke apart with another fit of laughter.

Whisper turned to him and beamed, clasping his hand. At his other side, Aqen squeezed his shoulder lightly with his own wide smile. Pyre grinned back. All of them.

~End~

where does he hide?
mind
makes sense?

~Amen by Amber Run~

FieldsofIris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items