Once home to the Crystal Cities of the Hunter clans, Craiss Caverns is now a hollow empty shell of its former glory due to a strange misfortune in the past. Man-made tunnels now lead to this place, but tales tell of some never returning. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Craiss Caverns

Re: Memories and Regrets [Self]

Postby FieldsofIris » 01/15/2017 10:25 PM

Well that could have gone better.

Perish wandered away further into the grassy field, letting the warm breeze caress their face in a soothing gesture. "At least nature doesn't hate me," they huffed sadly to themselves. They continued to walk, only looking down at their feet. They didn't seem to notice the lively creatures going about their business around them.

That is, until he nearly bumped into one. A young Mocha Picchu ran in front of them, and Perish nearly tripped over the small creature. It let out a loud squeak as its tail puffed up, alerting all nearby creatures in the vicinity, all of whom began to approach the scene unfolding.

Perish jerked back, and looked down at the small creature, trying to identify the sudden obstacle. Upon seeing the fat tears rolling down its face - likely from fear - their heart twinged. How could I be so careless? They crouched down next to the wailing creature, and brought a hand up to rest on its head.

"I'm sorry, young one," they said in a low, soothing tone. The Mocha Picchu looked up in confusion, but ceased its bawling. "Did I hurt you?" Perish sighed in relief as it shook its head, then lifted it into their arms, falling back on their butt as they hugged the child close. "Did I scare you?" It nodded, and Perish grimaced slightly. That seems to be a common theme.

"Well," they said, voice shaking with unshed tears. "You're alright, and that's what matters." Suddenly, the child embraced Perish around the neck. With a watery smile, Perish embraced them back, and the crowd that had gathered looked on fondly.

And is there a God up there? 'So,
where does he hide?
'Cause the devil is raging inside my
mind
And is there a moment where it all
makes sense?

~Amen by Amber Run~

FieldsofIris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 170
Donate

Postby FieldsofIris » 01/16/2017 5:27 PM

Genesis had shot to her feet the instant she had her the child screech in fear. NO, no, no, not already, she had screamed internally, running out from behind the tree and towards the unfolding scene.

She had halted behind the crowds of onlookers, though, at the sight of Perish's tears. Why are they... crying? She was genuinely shocked, unaware that the embodiment of death could show such emotions. Her face flushed as the Mocha Picchu ran back to its family, and Perish was helped up by some of the crowd.

They greeted each other kindly, and Perish smiled warmly at the creatures through the tears still falling from their eyes. The creatures slowly dispersed, but Perish's smile, and Genesis, stayed. She watched them as their eyes closed for a moment, oblivious to her gaze, before they headed toward the currently-empty forest.

She watched them go. Would creatures still treat them the same once they learn what Perish is here to do? She shook her head, before heading to where Eliza was sunbathing. I won't tell them, she told herself firmly. Not until I figure things out.

where does he hide?
mind
makes sense?

~Amen by Amber Run~

FieldsofIris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FieldsofIris » 01/16/2017 5:48 PM

Perish retreated to the forest, away from the open spaces and creatures. They loved them, every last one of them, but Perish needed time to think, away from those souls. Perish could feel them, could hear the ways they would perish, at their hands. They shook their head, and began to run away from the visions and further into the woods.

The more they thought about their own monstrous creation, the more the visions passed before their eyes. Is this the power that they were granted? If it was, they didn't want it. The tears began to stream down their face once more, and they yearned for the peaceful solitude of nature, causing them to direct their feet further away from the others.

After running deep into the woods, Perish had had enough, and collapsed, panting and sobbing intermittently as they curled up on the forest floor. The grass brushed along their cheeks soothingly, and the roots of the trees pillowed their throbbing head, that was now clear of the nightmarish visions. They cried themselves to exhaustion, which allowed them to finally rest, after the long journey and unsuccessful first meeting.

Luckily, Perish didn't dream at all that night.

where does he hide?
mind
makes sense?

~Amen by Amber Run~

FieldsofIris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FieldsofIris » 01/18/2017 12:18 AM

Perish awoke the following morning feeling disoriented, but well-rested. They pushed themselves into a seated position, blinking as their eyes adjusted to the pre-dawn light. Scanning the area, they were shocked to see the expanse of forest that seemed to extend for miles. Suddenly, the events of yesterday came rushing back to them.

They stood quickly with alarm, but fell back against the tree, lightheaded by the sudden movement. They took a moment to gather their wits about them as they regained their center of gravity. How far did I run last night? They had no way of knowing. They were unfamiliar with the lay of the land, and they had run in an instance of panic. It would have been impossible for them to remember.

Perish took a deep breath and looked to the sky, trying their best to suppress their irritation. Well standing here won't help, they sighed to themselves. Might as well try to find my way out. They pushed off of the tree, and started off in the direction that looked most familiar.

where does he hide?
mind
makes sense?

~Amen by Amber Run~

FieldsofIris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FieldsofIris » 01/25/2017 2:42 PM

Genesis sat near the desert's border, staring to the east as she waited for the sun to rise. While waiting, she was lost in her thoughts. "That person... they've been gone since yesterday." She blinked as the sun began to barely peak out over the horizon. "Maybe they won't come back." She immediately scoffed at that thought, shaking her head.

They have a job to do, she reminded herself as she stood, taking a deep breath of fresh air and stretching. After exhaling, she turned and began walking back toward the tree line where Perish disappeared. A job I disagree with! She scowled and halted for a moment. Why would she look for them if she didn't want them around to begin with?

The Life-giver turned to go sit in the grass once more, but they were stricken with a memory from yesterday. Perish's smile, how they cared about the well-being of that child, how the souls of the creatures seemed to be at peace with Perish around... Genesis turned to look back at the forest. They care about the creatures as much as I do. Realization hit her like a bolt of lightning at the thought, and she ran up to the treeline.

"Perish!" She shouted, listening to her voice echo deep into the forest.

where does he hide?
mind
makes sense?

~Amen by Amber Run~

FieldsofIris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FieldsofIris » 04/16/2017 6:36 PM

Perish had been wandering for what felt like hours now. They were definitely lost, and nobody would ever come looking for them. Especially not - ... They squeezed their eyes shut and took a calming breath before exhaling harshly. What is this feeling?! They weren't supposed to have feelings, they were only supposed to do their job! Then what about the tears from yesterday? A traitorous voice mocked in the back of their head.

An anguished roar ripped out of their throat, and they turned, channeling their sudden rush of emotion into the tree behind them. Anger, sadness, isolation, love... They weren't supposed to feel. But here Perish was, loving all of the souls that they never even got to meet, sad because they would have to take those souls away someday, angry at themselves for being a monster... Lonely. A single tear ran down their face as they dropped onto their knees, cradling their now bleeding fist close to their chest.

Suddenly, a faint shout echoed around them. It sounded like... their name? Perish turned towards the direction that the familiar voice seemed to travel from. Maybe it was just their imagination. Or... They shook their head, not wanting to get their hopes up. They stood, and began to make their way toward the voice. It was their only hope - something else they shouldn't be able to feel.

They trudged on.

where does he hide?
mind
makes sense?

~Amen by Amber Run~

FieldsofIris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FieldsofIris » 12/14/2017 7:49 PM

Genesis panicked. She knew she shouldn't, but not hearing anything from the forest was causing her great worry. Had she scared them off? No, not when she understood, not when she was willing to make peace with all of this!

"Eliza!" She yelled, whipping around to face the large Garudor. "I can't find Perish, I need to go look for them!" Without waiting for a response, she turned and ran into the forest.

"Perish!" She yelled, shoving through the clinging underbrush. She felt a sharp sting as thorns cut into her ankles, but she pushed on, breath quickening in panic. "PERISH!"

where does he hide?
mind
makes sense?

~Amen by Amber Run~

FieldsofIris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FieldsofIris » 12/14/2017 10:31 PM

After a few minutes, Perish wondered if the voice had been wishful thinking. They leaned heavily against a mossy tree, ready to close their eyes and drift away...

"PERISH!" Their eyes snapped open and they whipped around towards the voice.

"Genesis?" They whispered hoarsely, not believing their ears. Even so, they forced themselves towards the voice, stumbling over the exposed roots of the tree they had previously been leaning on. "Hello?" They called out, their voice cracking with the strain.

where does he hide?
mind
makes sense?

~Amen by Amber Run~

FieldsofIris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items