Once home to the Crystal Cities of the Hunter clans, Craiss Caverns is now a hollow empty shell of its former glory due to a strange misfortune in the past. Man-made tunnels now lead to this place, but tales tell of some never returning. (+3 Defense, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Craiss Caverns

Cassandra's Travels

Postby RiDragon » 02/02/2017 2:57 AM

[Hop-Ins Welcome]

A gargantuan Battleheart, large even for the species, slowly made its way out of its dwelling, stretching it's body like a cat.  Her bones cracked loudly and satisfyingly as she let out a sigh.  Oh, she really did need to find a better cave to make her dwellings in.  This one was...  Getting a tad cramped.  She was only just reaching her fully grown form, and was becoming a lot larger than her brethren.  Perhaps she would let another move into her cave, one that wouldn't complain about the cramped conditions.
"Hmmm..."  She grumbled, looking up to the sun, allowing it to soak into her scales.  "What a wonderful day.  Perhaps I will make a journey out of it."  It had been a while since she visited human settlements in her disguised form.  Perhaps she could have some fun.
[1]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless
I will give... I will take

I will feel the stars crash, crash down
RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 700
Donate

Re: Cassandra's Travels

Postby RiDragon » 02/02/2017 3:01 AM

Cassandra curled her tail around her body, musing to herself about what she could do that particular day.  It had been so long since she had done anything else but laze around the land, plucking wild deer from the ground and throwing them into her maw.  It was almost too easy.  No, she needed to do something with her life for once.  It was far too boring to just sit around and do nothing, after all.  "Perhaps I could visit one of the cities..."  She grumbled, scratching her chin with a claw.  "No...  It has been far too long since I have communicated with a human.  A city dweller would pick me out quite easily.  Perhaps the beach?"  She shook her head, "No, no, the sand gets into my scales and is a devil to clean out."  She grumbled to herself, a bit annoyed at her own inability to choose.  "Oh...  Perhaps the Craiss Caverns...  It is not too far from here, and not many frequent it."  She thought about the possible discoveries that could be in wait at the location, and hefted herself up.  "It is decided.  I shall go there."
[2]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 02/02/2017 3:05 AM

The Battleheart closed her eyes, envisioning her human form in her mind's eye.  It had been far too long since she had practiced this ability, and she almost worried that she could no longer perform.  A silly thought, as her magic, though not the strongest, was still potent in its own way.  In time, almost like a rusty door that has to be pushed a bit to open, her abilities flowed out, ebbing around her body in an aura.  The aura glowed slightly, then slowly enveloped her body in a red-grey light, shrinking her form down, down, down, into the much smaller form of a human.  Though this form was quite taller than average, it still was passable as human.
[3]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 02/02/2017 3:09 AM

She opened her eyes to look at herself, noting that her skin was still a bit on the grey side.  Oh well, if anyone stared she would act offended and say she was sick.  She felt her head gently to make sure no remnants of horns remained.  She had forgotten to be rid of her horns once, and it had caused quite a shock.  She still could not go back to that particular city.  What a shame, they had made excellent crumb cakes.  Satisfied with her human visage, she confidently strutted forward, only to trip slightly on the uneven earth.  Of course, she had forgotten she had given her human form heals.  What a nonsensical fashion statement!  She thought as she willed herself to instead have dark boots take their place.
[4]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 02/02/2017 3:24 AM

She had to admit, it felt much lighter to be in human form than it was in her main one!  Though she would never give up her Battleheart form.  Like all of her species, she was very proud of her power and size.  Too proud, some might say, she thought with a chuckle.  She was able to do a few good skips before almost tripping over again.  Oh, how easy it was to fall when you walked on two skinny little legs.  She had no idea how humans could manage to survive and even thrive in the forms they were born with.  Oh well, she supposed a human may have a hard time being a Battleheart too.  She pictured a human trying to lumber around as a giant dragon and snorted.  Ah, they were silly things, but quite fun to talk to.
[5
level up recorded]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 02/02/2017 3:35 PM

Cassandra made her way down the stone path she had become ever so familiar with.  Though it had been a while since she walked down it with human feet, it still felt quite natural.  She passed a caravan or two, pulled by tame Gyrophants.  She gave the drivers and caravan guards a smile and a nod, and they gave one back.  They didn't even give her a second look.  Good, it seemed her disguise was working well.  Or, perhaps they didn't really care.  Eventually they separated paths, and she could see the caverns in the distance.
[6]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 02/02/2017 3:39 PM

The sunlight reflected off of a small little booth in the entrance of the tunnels.  Oh?  Humans were such smart little things.  They figured out ways to survive and make money anywhere, didn't they.  She came closer, able to see the pudgy short shopkeeper.  He seemed excited to see her, gathering up his wares and placing them on the table.  Luckily Cassandra had liberated some Keystones from a thief the other day, and had enough to get at least one thing, just to make the man happy.  "Hello."  She purred to him, flashing a grin.
[7]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 02/02/2017 3:43 PM

"Hello there!"  He responded, adjusting his thick glasses.  Cassandra had to stop herself from chuckling at how cute this human was.  They tended to be offended at things like that.  "Welcome to the Craiss Caverns!"  He threw up his arms, trying to be exciting.  "Of course, it's free to explore the Caverns themselves, but I have some wares to help you out if you need!"  He pointed to some fresh water bottles, beacons, flares and glowsticks.  "I also have some souvenirs, just in case you can't find anything yourself!"  He took out a few shiny stones and geodes.
[8]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 02/02/2017 3:48 PM

Cassandra scratched her chin, wondering what to get.  Well, she didn't really need the water bottles, she didn't drink nearly as much as humans needed to.  Glowsticks would be fun, but she didn't really need them, as her eyes adjusted very well to the dark.  She looked at the shiny stones and geodes.  Geodes were always fun, breaking them open to see what was inside!  Hmm..
Eventually her sights locked on a shiny orange stone.  Oh wow, her dragon senses really kicked in there.  What a beautiful stone, it would be great in her lair.
"I suppose I shall take that orange stone there."  She said, eyes twinkling.
"Oh?"  Said the man, "You can take that for 5 Keystones ma'm.  It's not a very rare stone or anything, pretty though."  He handed her the item in trade for the Keystones.
[9]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 02/02/2017 3:51 PM

Cassandra nodded happily to the man.  "Many beautiful things tend to be overlooked, yes?"  She said, giving the man a smile.  He nodded eagerly in response.  She started to make her way down the dark tunnel, eyes adjusting rather quickly.
"Please be safe in the caverns ma'm!  It can get very dangerous!"  He called after her, his voice echoing faintly in the man-made tunnel.
[10
Level up!]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 02/02/2017 6:13 PM

Cassandra took her time walking down the tunnel.  Her footsteps echoed pleasantly as she followed the sound of dripping water.  She almost couldn't believe it was man-made.  What excellent craftsmanship man had!  It must of took a long time and a lot of determination to create.  Just think, one of her species could tunnel like this in a single day, but humans needed months or even years to create something similar.  They were so resilient and never gave up.  She just had to admire them for that.
[11]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 02/02/2017 6:25 PM

She dragged a clawed hand down the smooth wall as she mused how humorous it would be if she suddenly turned back into her Battleheart form while still in the tunnel.  If she did not die from her bones being crushed from the smaller face, she certainly would collapse the entire thing.  How ghastly that would be!  Luckily she had enough control over her magics to keep that from happening, though it was still a frightening thought.  She had to duck now to get through, though a human of average height might not have needed too.  Just when the tunnel was scratching at her shoulders, it opened up into a jagged crevasse she had to step through.  Finally she seemed to be in the actual caverns.
[12]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 02/02/2017 6:29 PM

Cassandra slowly took in her surroundings, allowing her eyes to adjust to the darkness.  A normal human most likely would not be able to see in here.  It was much bigger than she had imagined, probably big enough to support her main forme, though it could have never gotten through the tunnels to get in here in the first place.  Hollow and empty of all life, it gave off a lonely and melancholy feel, as if a great calamity had taken place long ago.  To her knowledge, apparently something did happen here, though she didn't know what.  Regardless, it was a pretty empty place.
[13]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 02/03/2017 12:43 AM

She wondered quietly if there were any Akail about.  She had heard that these solitary species made their homes deep in the caverns, even with the low amount of prey down here.  She shivered at the thought that they probably preyed upon lost adventurers.  She knew they too had to eat, but a helpless traveler just seemed wrong.  The idea that picking off injured deer could also be seen as wrong, and she had to pause to think to herself a bit.  No, the Akail too needed to eat.  Even if it were a poor adventurer.  However, if she was around, she'd stop them.
[14]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 02/03/2017 12:46 AM

Cassandra made her way down the hollow and winding pathways, taking time to look at all of the patterns on the wall.  More often than not, it was simple graffiti, though sometimes he came across glowing runes that seemed to hum faintly.  It seemed like all of the glowing runes were scratched off though.  As if someone didn't want them to be read by others.  Odd.  She wondered what they said, but no matter what she did she could not see around the scratches.  She sighed in frustration.  Stupid vandals.
[15
level up~]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items