Almost large enough to be considered a theme park while remaining free to the public, Terrace Park is rumored to have been the site of the Grand Hollowheart's defeat, leading to the Hollowhearts first accepting a pact with humans. (+2 Fame, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Terrace Park

Blind Date: Corva x Scarlett

Postby Skeetzybug » 02/14/2017 7:12 PM

Blind dates were not Corva's usual style.

She was more of a wink across the bar and start a conversation kind of girl, truth be told. It wasn't that she minded the concept of not seeing a person before a date, no. It was more of the... connotation behind the idea. People who did this sort of thing were usually looking for 'the one', and personally, Corva wasn't even really convinced there was such a thing.

Yet, here she was, sat near a familiar coffee stand right at the edges of a large park. It was a good place to meet, with plenty of places to walk to and pleasant scenery. Her ear gave a relaxed flick, taking in the sounds around her as she waited, calm despite the way her mind ticked away at far too many things.

She'd promised Matthias that she'd give it a go. A dose of actual commitment, or at least an attempt at it, would be good for her, they'd said. Eh. Smart as they were, she still wasn't convinced - but she tucked the thought aside for now. If there was one thing Corva knew she was good at, it was first dates. She'd... see about the rest later.

[1]
Move to Terrace Park after Event

He sleeps alone,
He needs no army where he's headed cause he knows
That they're just ghosts
And they can't hurt him if he can't see them
And I don't know
If in the morning I will be here and if so,
Let it be known
That I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was..
Imp Docs ☽☾ Zoo ☽☾ Wishlist
Skeetzybug
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 90
Donate

[55]

Postby Indigo » 02/14/2017 8:59 PM

This had not been Scarlett's idea. She was trying to be optimistic about it, because she hadn't met many people outside of work lately and a blind date was sort of like an adventure from a certain point of view, but just in case it didn't work out she wanted to keep in mind that it had really been Zoe's fault. Unless it went wrong for reasons that she couldn't possibly blame on Zoe, but, well. Optimism.

Truth be told, she wouldn't normally have let herself be roped into this at all no matter how insistent Zoe got—she was used to fending her off by now—but maybe what her love life needed was a different approach. An unexpected approach. The benefit of a blind date was that it had stopped her from doing too much planning, and her plans always seemed to fall apart pretty quickly, anyway, so maybe this was for the best.

It proved fairly simple to locate her date: she knew the park pretty well and "near a source of coffee" was usually a good bet for meeting anyone, and she had been given a description anyway. She hesitated for a moment as she approached, but overcame it quickly. She was already here and it was much too late to get cold feet, and hey, maybe this Corva had also been pushed into the whole blind date thing by an overenthusiastic friend. Although that was unlikely. But unlikely things were happening to her all the time these days, and, well...optimism?

"Hey!" she said. "You must be Corva, right?"

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 329
Donate

Re: Blind Date: Corva x Scarlett

Postby Skeetzybug » 02/14/2017 10:33 PM

Corva broke into a relaxed smile as her date approached, the expression sitting just a bit crooked on her muzzle. She dipped her head in confirmation, tails swishing behind her.

"And you must be Scarlett then, hmm?" she said. She gave a stretch and stood up, looking the kuhna over as she did so. Alright, she was cute, she'd admit that. Corva stood taller at the shoulders, but that was hardly unusual, since she was taller than even most other lucain to begin with. She'd made sure her fur was in order beforehand, but not too orderly. The ruff around her neck was purposefully scruffed, and her tails had just that little bit of curl in the end of them that she liked. Hopefully, she mused, she was making as nice of an impression on her date as her date was on her.

"It's a pleasure to meet you," she continued, moving to stand next to Scarlett. "You're even lovelier than your profile made you out to be. Care for a drink?" She motioned in the direction of the coffee stand with a lazy dip of her head. "Or maybe you're more of a walk-and-talk kind of girl?"

[2]

He sleeps alone,
That they're just ghosts
And I don't know
Let it be known
That I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was..
Skeetzybug
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

[56]

Postby Indigo » 02/16/2017 7:31 PM

"Yes, that's me!" All right, so she was a little intimidated. Not so much in the height area, Scarlett was used to being shorter than most people she met, but in the area of the more controllable aspects of appearance. She'd made an effort to look nice, as close to sleek as she could manage and with her stripes clearly defined, but some of her fur just didn't lie flat no matter what she did, and she just had to hope that it looked intentional; and meanwhile here was Corva with her artfully ruffled fur and everything.

She didn't think that particular worry was visible, she was pretty well-practiced at keeping a neutral expression, but she couldn't help grinning a little at the compliment. It was something of a relief.

Coffee would probably not be the best thing for her nerves, and she found herself a little more nervous than she had been a minute ago. Just a little, because at least things were off to a good start, but it had definitely been a while since she'd dated and she was becoming more aware of that by the second. Hopefully Corva couldn't tell. On the other hand walking wouldn't do much for her focus...maybe she could just drink very slowly. "A drink would be lovely."

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Skeetzybug » 02/18/2017 4:50 AM

Alright, perfect. This part, Corva knew back to front. Buy the pretty girl a drink (in any sense of the word), do some talking, start some flirting, bam. Any remaining pressure would be lifted from the two of them, and good times would be had all around. Easy.

Hopefully.

"An excellent choice," Corva complimented, turning to pad back towards the stand. She rested a paw up on the counter, grateful that they didn't make it so high that she had to stand up on her back paws. For a world with such a large number of sentient quadrupeds, there sure were a lot of things built more for the two-legged inhabitants.

"One coffee, black please," she started, before turning to look back at Scarlett. "And what will you have?" She flashed the kuhna a little wink, still holding her crooked smile. "Consider it my treat."

[3]

He sleeps alone,
That they're just ghosts
And I don't know
Let it be known
That I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was..
Skeetzybug
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

[57]

Postby Indigo » 02/22/2017 6:22 PM

Scarlett was a bit short for the counter, not enough to be a real hindrance but just enough to feel awkward about; under most circumstances she probably would have made a joke about it, but she was sort of flustered. Was she making that good of an impression or was Corva just better at this than she was?

Well, it didn't really matter. This was just like meeting anyone else. Except with about a thousand more expectations. "Oh, well, thank you," she said. "I think I'll have a cappuccino, please."

She glanced over at Corva and realized, belatedly, there were likely more reasons than one that she was a little on edge. Scarlett hadn't been paying attention at first, but Corva definitely had magic on her, a crackling aura of lightning that was difficult to see in the bright daylight—her vision always picked the strangest times to conform to the laws of physics—but definitely present and strong enough that she could even feel it a little, which was unusual. It was only her date-related nerves that had kept her from noticing it before. There might be something else underneath it, too, but it was hard to be sure and she didn't want to just stand there staring.

And it definitely wasn't visible to anyone else, based on the lack of reaction from people around them, so if she wanted to know what it was she'd have to be subtle. Well, as subtle as she was capable of being these days. "So," she said, "what do you do, in your...regular life?" Not the smoothest way of phrasing it, but it would have to do.

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Skeetzybug » 03/03/2017 3:54 AM

"Perfect," Corva said, nodding as she turned to flash her smile at the barista instead. "And the one cappuccino then, please." They turned to work on the order, and Corva sat back. Her ears flicked as Scarlett talked, turning to look back at her now. She couldn't help quirking a brow slightly at the phrasing - 'regular life'. Well, she supposed that was one way to put it.

"Oh you know, this and that," she said, expression shifting to a far lazier one. The grin, however, remained. "My day job is stormchasing. Trust me, it's far less exciting than it sounds." She waved a paw dismissively. "It mainly entails standing outside in the rain frantically taking notes that usually end up more smudged than usable." Especially, she mused with a quiet chuckle, when you had no thumbs. "It's usually a job left to the more bipedal folk, but I've got a bit of a knack for forecasting the really strong storms." The crystal around her neck gave a gentle thrum, resonating against her chest with the faintest pulse of light. Hmm. Odd for it to be acting up now of all times.

[4]

He sleeps alone,
That they're just ghosts
And I don't know
Let it be known
That I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was worthy,
I was..
Skeetzybug
Master Veteran
Master Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

[58]

Postby Indigo » 03/07/2017 7:41 PM

That explained the lightning, sort of; that knack she mentioned must be magical in nature, and Scarlett was tempted to ask further about it, but maybe that wouldn't go over well. Some people were secretive about that kind of thing, and she couldn't exactly blame them.

"I bet you get to see some pretty interesting stuff, though, in between the note-taking. I've sometimes thought—what's that?" She hadn't noticed Corva's crystal before, either, which probably could also be blamed on nerves, but she was very quickly distracted from trying to understand her oversight by curiosity about the thing. Had it been lit up like that this whole time? Surely not, she'd definitely have noticed that. "I mean," she said, as manners briefly returned to her, "if you don't mind my asking. I've just never—well, I've seen pendants behave strangely from time to time, and it might be something I'm familiar with..." It was not a very good excuse, but it was at least true.

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate