Possibly the rainiest place on Evelon, Baian stretches for miles along the southern coasts. Thanks to the moist soil rich in minerals, wildlife here have developed unique adaptations. To travel through this thick, muddy area, most either take specially designed boats. (+2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Baian Swamp

Assassin Meets Assassin [P][M:E]

Postby Kylo » 04/26/2017 9:32 PM

ImageImage
(Thomas)(Fox)

It was raining once again. Water poured through cracks in the ceiling and dripped in other places, adding an eerie sound to the old flooded building the Whalers had claimed as their new home. It was a slow day, most of the squads needed to be sent out were already out and doing their jobs, and the remaining Whalers had nothing much to do besides training and cleaning. Though there wasn't much left to cleaned either, or well things that could be cleaned. Obviously the flooded rooms and the holes in the ceilings weren't going to be patched any time soon, if ever.

Thomas silently watched Fox scurry about the room, moving his collection from his old sodden boxes to new crates he had recently "acquired" from a butcher's shop. It was a bit amusing to be entirely honest, to watch the small man race back and forth gripping objects that most would consider to be worthless as if they were priceless works of art. Drift wood, sea glass, random sticks, and objects washed up on the beach. Nothing of real value, but none the less inherently priceless to Fox. It was almost adorable how the man somehow managed to stay so, well, pure despite being a murderer for hire. Fox was almost always downright jolly when he wasn't on a mission, a stark contrast from the rest of the Whalers.

Thomas was brought back from his silent musing when he heard Fox's foot steps stop. He looked up to see the man standing in front of him staring up at him.

"You could help me you know, instead of staring at me, Thomas."

Thomas flinched back in surprise before chuckling softly in response.

"Yes, I suppose I can do that, can't I?"

(Thomas-1)(Fox-1)

You can't wake up, this is not a dream
You're part of a machine, you are not a human being
With your face all made up, living on a screen
Low on self-esteem, so you run on gasoline

I think there's a flaw in my code
(Oh, ooh-oh, ooh-oh, oh)
These voices won't leave me alone
Well, my heart is gold and my hands are cold

Are you deranged like me?
Are you strange like me?
Lighting matches just to swallow up the flame like me?
Do you call yourself a fucking hurricane like me?
Pointing fingers 'cause you'll never take the blame like me?
"Gasoline" by Halsey

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 269
Donate

Re: Assassin Meets Assassin [P][M:E]

Postby RiDragon » 05/02/2017 11:43 PM

ImageImage\
(Also named Fox)  (Ven)

"What are you doing, Ven?"  The man asked, watching his female companion scitter to and fro around the beach front.  He sat in the shade under the docks, though not to hide from the sun.  He smelled rain in the air, and wasn't about to get soaked just because Ven happened to be in a hyper mood that day.

"Lookin' fer treasure."  Was her reply in her harsh street urchin accent.  She could never pass for a royal, even if she cleaned herself up and wore something that wasn't tattered and ratty.  The way she talked was too obvious for any covert missions, which was unfortunate, as that was what most of their missions were.

The man, no, he wasn't a man.  Though he was past the age of 18, he was just barely an adult.  An awkward place between boy and man, though he fit neither description.  He had a round boyish face, though the crows feet and lines of it mirrored a grizzled veteran.  It was to be expected, growing up an orphan on the streets of Dunwall would do that to a kid.  His companion was younger looking than he, though in reality she was older than him by about a year.  She certainly didn't act like it as she dug through the whale gut stained sand for Outsider-knows-what.  Her dark skin that hinted at parents from the East drastically contrasted her bright green eyes as they focused on her task.  Her long black hair that probably should be cut to prevent grabbing hands cascaded over her face, making her constantly have to brush it back and get grizzle and dirt on her cheeks.

"Aha!"  She said, triumphantly, holding up a dark mass that was so caked in dirt it looked like a lump of coal.  "I knew i' was 'ere, I jus' new it!  Com'n see this, Fox!"

"You found a rock."  Was his unamused reply, not even making an effort to get up.  He had found a rock that didn't jab him in the back, and that was the closest thing to comfort he had in months.  He wasn't going to get up for anything.

"I' ain' no rock, ya fool!"  She brushed off the grime and blood from the object, and a faint whispering emanated from it.

Fox jumped up, causing a cramp to ripple through his body.  "What?  How did you...  Get rid of that thing!"

"Wha'?  Aft' I wen' through diggin' through all tha' muck?  Ya musta drank some crazy juice, friend!"

"It's dangerous, Ven!"

"Dangerous me arse!"

[Thanks for your patience with my reply.  Trying out writing in a dialect is kinda hard haha, I hope I didn't butcher it too bad.  I'm looking at a guide as I write.]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless
I will give... I will take

I will feel the stars crash, crash down
RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 700
Donate

Postby Kylo » 05/03/2017 12:13 AM

Thomas went to help Fox when he faintly heard two people speaking whose voices he didn't recognize. He froze and cocked his head towards the nearest window and held up a hand for Fox to be quiet. Fox froze and raised an eyebrow curiously at him. Thomas silently went over to the window to look out. Two people seemed to be on a beach a little bit in the distance, doing only Outsider knew what. He'd be keeping an eye on them now. While they didn't seem to concerned with the building they were holing up in, they could still be a threat. He turned to look back at Fox only to run right into him.

"Sorry," he said softly.

"It's fine."

Fox leaned around him to look out the window and squinted at the people.

"The void are they doing? Digging in the muck?"

"Appears so. Ah, the one found something."

They watched as the person furiously scrubbed at it, and before long it became clear just what it was they had found.

"A rune. How did we miss that? For that matter, how had Daud missed it?"

They watched a bit longer curious to see what exactly they would do with it.

((It's all good, my friend! I'm usually the one people are waiting on so I haven't got any room to talk. XD))

(Oh, ooh-oh, ooh-oh, oh)

Are you strange like me?
"Gasoline" by Halsey

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 06/02/2017 1:22 AM

The boy nervously looked around, his already pale skin whitening even more than usual.  Luckily, or well, unluckily, he had no idea that they were being watched from the building near the docks.  He lowered his voice anyway though.  Only the Outsider knows what kind of powers the famed assassin had, for all they know he could turn invisible.

"Venn.  Please.  Someone is gonna come after you for that.  It sings for Gods' sake!  Not like you can hide it."

The girl didn't appear to have heard him as she did a little spin, clutching her treasure to her chest.  "Aye, is' been so long, me mum tol' me 'bout these, y'know?  She 'ad one when I was a bab.  The song reminds me of when I was just a wee lass."

Fox dipped his head respectfully, though he was still unhappy about this new "treasure."  He glanced up at Venn, who had sat down in the mucky sand without a care for soiling her clothing.  It was already soiled anyway, everyone's was in this city.  He looked at his companion with a frown.  Being raised with a whale bone carving sure explained a lot about her personality and love of forbidden knowledge, that's for sure..  And it probably explained why she was an orphan, too.

[HEEEY MY SEMESTER'S OVER I CAN FINALLY REPLY TO STUFF.]

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless
I will give... I will take

I will feel the stars crash, crash down
RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 700
Donate

Postby Kylo » 06/24/2017 9:15 PM

"What is it?" Daud asked gruffly from behind the two Whalers.

The pair turned around quickly to address Daud.

"Two people on the beach, sir. One found a rune. Neither seem to have noticed us. We are monitoring them currently."

"Perhaps we should pay them a visit. Let them know who owns this place."

"Yes, sir."

"Yes, dad."

Daud scowled at Fox, but the Whaler quickly transversed away. He was never going to to learn.

Thomas bowed, then followed after Fox to carry out their orders.

They appeared on the beach, one on each side of the two people with swords drawn.

"You two seem to have gotten lost. We are going to have to ask you to leave immediately," Thomas said calmly.

"And leave the rune behind," Fox chimed in.

(Oh, ooh-oh, ooh-oh, oh)

Are you strange like me?
"Gasoline" by Halsey

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate