If you're looking for beautiful seaside scenery, this is the place for you. Home to the world's largest collection of fishermen and fishing pets, this city is well known, as it provides much of Barakka's fish exports. You should try the famous Broiled Sea Scalla, it's delicious! (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Jawan, the Sea City

Sea Food? Yeah, I see food! [Quest~]

Postby RiDragon » 05/31/2017 8:49 PM

A little girl with blue skin waddled along the docks of Jawan, humming to herself while she carried a small wicker basket.  She paused to stuff a polka dot red and white blanket back into it, frowning at the effort.  Luckily, there wasn't any food left in the basket, or it would of all be squished by now.  She patted her skirt pocket, feeling the change jingle inside.  Gotta get to the store!  She started off again, now with a determined look and purpose in her eyes.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless
I will give... I will take

I will feel the stars crash, crash down
RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 700
Donate

Re: Sea Food? Yeah, I see food! [Quest~]

Postby RiDragon » 05/31/2017 8:57 PM

"Litzy!"

The blue girl turned around, the purposeful look draining from her eyes and being replaced by gleeful surprise.  "Itzel?"

An androgynous looking little kid, the same age as the other, ran up to the girl.  "Hello Litzy!"  They swung in place as they talked to their friend, apparently hyper and excited.

"What are you doing here?"  The girl asked, looking above her friend's shoulder.  "Where's your mum and dad?"

"Oh, they said it was safe to wander around here."  They suddenly looked worried, "Were they wrong?"

"Oh!  No, my mummy said the same thing.  The sailors make sure we're safe."

The other's face brightened quickly, "Oh, I wanna meet a sailor!"

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 05/31/2017 9:18 PM

Itzel stared at their friend with bright orange and excited eyes, still swaying back and forth in an almost musical way.  Litzy couldn't help but smile in response, though she was nervous about meeting strangers even if she was told they were safe.

"Well..."  She bit her lip nervously, looking around.  "I dunno...  I think I have something else to do..."

Itzel's disappointed face almost physically hurt Litzy.  "Aw...  Don't be sad!"  She looked around, and spotted a man on the beach below them fishing.  "What about we watch that guy fish?  He might be a sailor."

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 05/31/2017 9:51 PM

Itzel seemed to completely forget being sad almost moments before.  "Oh!  Oh!  Yes please, yes please!"  He bounced around, excitable as ever.  Litzy smiled at him and lead him down to where she knew there were safe stairs.  "Be quiet though Itzel, we could scare his fish away.  That would be rude."

Itzel covered their mouth and nodded vigorously, to which Litzy giggled.  "Ya don't have to cover your mouth, silly."  She replied, giving him a playful punch as they walked.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 05/31/2017 10:54 PM

A man stared boredly out into the ocean as he flicked his fishing pole.  Hmm.  'Suppose I need to buy myself my dinner today.  He hadn't even gotten a nibble yet today.  Too bad, fresh fish would have been wonderful right about now.  Hmmmm....

His fluffy ears twitched as he heard approaching feet in the sand.  His long thick hair swished as he turned to eye whoever was trying to sneak up on him.  However, he softened when he saw the faces of two children.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 05/31/2017 10:57 PM

"Why, hello there."  He said in a silky smooth voice, giving the children a kindly grin.  He had heard that people allowed their kids to wander around the docks alone, though he thought it was a horribly stupid idea.  So what if most sailors where trustworthy and looked after them?  It only took one bad egg...

He shook his head of the dark thoughts, and gave the children another grin.  "Where are your parents, young ones?"  He asked, hoping they were nearby so he wouldn't have to be the new guardians.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 05/31/2017 11:02 PM

"They're around."  The blue child said coyly, giving him a grin.  He sighed in response.  Great.  Now he'd have to look after them.

With a sigh, he reeled in his rod, knowing that he wasn't going to catch anything anyway.  "Well then, why don't you tell me your names?  I'm Johnny."

The children giggled in response.  "I'm Itzel!"  The one who seemed to be wiggling out of his skin said.  "This is Litzy!"  The girl glared and punched the other playfully.  "I can say my own name!"

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 05/31/2017 11:05 PM

"Well, it's nice to meet you."  The man answered.

Litzy nodded, though she felt as if her mind was elsewhere.  Had she forgotten something?  Her purse was in her pocket, and her basket was in her hand.  Her empty basket.  Oh!

"Itzel!"  She shouted, frightening them.  "We need to go!  I have to get the candies!"

"Candies?"  Itzel seemed excited.

"Not for you!"  She snapped, "For my mummy, it's mummy's day soon."  She paused, "Well, ok, it was a while ago, but still!"

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 05/31/2017 11:07 PM

The man was about to reply, but before he could the children sped off.  He stared, blinking a few times as he watched them run away.  Oh well.  He supposed they weren't his problem anymore.  He turned back to fish, and noticed a splash.  Aw yeah!

He threw his rod to the side.  That thing wasn't helping him at all.  It was time to dive in!  He dove in the water to wrestle the fish, while the children ran to the candy shop.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 05/31/2017 11:10 PM

"We gotta get mummy her taffy!"  The girl said as she and her friend bursted through the shop doors.  The person at the registers gave a start, but beckoned them in kindly.  "Well, we are the best taffy shop in Evelon, I'm sure we can help you."  She said cheerily, trying to hide the fact that she hated unsupervised children in her store.

"Thanks lady!"  Itzel said as their friend rummaged around, thankfully not making too bad of a mess.  After a while, she plopped her basket on the table, it was filled with many different taffy flavors.  The lady weighed it, and gave a frown.  "This is expensive, don't think you can afford it.."

Just then, the man from earlier followed through the door.  "Think I could help."  He replied, lugging a bag of treasure at the counter.  "Without these kids interrupting me, I mighta left before I saw this!"

The kids thanked him, and all was happy and full of taffy, and this ending is horrible.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate