The longest range in Lambastia, the Tuun Mountains cover up much of the northwest. Unlike the harsh Fe'gan Mountains, the Tuun Mountains have varying temperatures, from very mild to slightly colder depending on where you go and which sections you explore. (+3 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Tuun Mountains

A Spirit Meets A God [SpringsSong and I]

Postby RiDragon » 03/25/2017 12:50 AM

D'dant felt most comfortable in the mountains.  Maybe it was because of how close it felt to the Gods above, or maybe it was just the secludedness of the place.  He wasn't the biggest fan of mortals in all honesty, though he knew he would have to interact with them one way or another.  Luckily, the Tuun Mountains tended to have occasional pilgrims, which he decided counted as enough of an interaction to appease his father.

But right now D'dant was not in the mountains, he was in a dream.  There were marvelous plates of all sorts of exotic foods, many not available in the mortal plain.  Intoxicating foods that would be dangerous for a mere mortal to ingest, too full of flavours that only the Gods could handle tasting.  D'dant carefully picked his way through the crowd, graciously greeting his guests one by one.

His father sat on a grand throne, covered in gold and gems, overlooking the gathering.  His face was proud, looking down at his son as he greeted the guests.  His very aura commanded obedience and respect, though there was a kindness in his eyes that hinted towards the fact that he was a just ruler.  He seemed quite old, and if he were mortal he may have been nearing the end of his days.  In his claws he held a chalice full of sweet ambrosia, the drink of the Gods, the only think capable of truly making them buzzed or even drunk.   D'dant thought about asking for some, but decided that his guests needed to be attended to first.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless
I will give... I will take

I will feel the stars crash, crash down
RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 700
Donate

Re: A Spirit Meets A God [SpringsSong and I]

Postby SpringsSong » 03/25/2017 2:05 PM

Losia.  Anthro form.

Dreams were a curious thing.  Some dreams were simple; usually little more than the tired wanderings of tired minds.  Some, however, were more elaborate--sometimes, they were directed; other times, they were wanderings in more powerful minds.

For Losia, it didn't matter the type of dream, whether it was simple or elaborate--being a dream spirit, it was her job to nudge dreams in certain directions.

Well--she used to be a dream spirit, existing solely in the realm of dreams.  She'd stumbled upon a clan of Paragon in her journeys that had caught her interest, and she'd decided that she would sacrifice most of her powers to gain a corporeal form.  She still had some of her abilities as a dream spirit, but her abilities varied in power now.

The tickle in the back of her mind and drawn her into this elaborate dream, however.  She did the best that she could to blend in, looking as though she belonged there.  She wore a simple, flowing black gown, although it lacked sleeves--showing off faint, pastel-colored tattoos on her skin.  Her sunrise-colored hair cascaded over her shoulders, and her wings--which she kept close to her body--sparkled like the night sky.  She kept to the outer edges of the party, mingling as best she could.  Some dreamers were more aware of her than others, if she did not wish her presence detected.
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5883
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 03/27/2017 3:49 PM

"A wonderful party, your highness."  A patron said respectfully, giving a bow to a slightly bored D'dant.  As much as he liked the attention, the royal types tended to be boring.  He much preferred to talk to the Gods that were more involved in wars and had strong powers over the mortal plain, but he knew he had to talk to the boring aristocrats too if he were to be a good host.

"Pleased you were able to come."  He responded, curtsying in response, before excusing himself to greet others.  He had to be sure to talk to everyone at least once, even if his father didn't check to be sure, he wanted to prove that he would be a good king when the time came.

Out of the corner of his eye, he noticed a sparkle and the silhouette of a woman picking her way carefully through the crowd.  She commanded his full attention immediately.  Something about her made her more clear and distinct from the rest of the crowd, like she was more defined than anyone else at the party.  Perhaps it was her beauty?  No, while she was beautiful, there was something else.  As if she were the only real thing there.  He barely noticed that his legs carried him to her, as if pulled to her aura.  It took a second for him to find his voice.  "Hello there madam."  He curtsied despite the growing feeling of unease in the pit of his belly.  "I do not recognize you, from what family are you from?"  Being part God and part human with a very rich family meant many many acquaintances, so it was unsurprising that he didn't recognize her.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 04/21/2017 11:51 AM

(My apologies for not replying sooner >w< I was trying to think of how to have her respond!)

"Greetings, your highness," Losia said, curtsying as the man approached her.  At his question, though, she felt herself faltering: how could she respond to such a question; she knew nothing about the relationships that this man had, and what families would be at such a lavish event.  After a few moments, however, she offered a smile.

"I am the envoy of a group of gods that have made their home in the Whisper Forests," she said.  "They have lived there for quite some time, although they have adjusted to life as normal in this world.
 ...I do hope you don't mind that I am here; we'd heard about this through word-of-mouth only."

It was a lie, and Losia knew it; however, she spoke the lie with such confidence that she believed it herself.

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 05/09/2017 8:34 PM

(Somehow I completely missed the fact that you replied.  Sincere apologies >.<)

The tip of D'dant's tail twitched as he scratched his chin, attempting to sift through his memories of far off friends of the family.  He could procure no mental image of the family that this woman said she was from.  No matter, the world was a big place after all.

"My sincere apologies, my lady, I do not seem to be familiar with your family."  He bowed deeply, a gesture reserved only for those deeply respected.  "I would be happy to show you around if you would let me, I am sure such a new place might be a tad overwhelming."  He was quite glad for the distraction, as he already greeted almost all the guests and did not have much to do otherwise.

He held out a hand, decorated with sapphire rings cut into beautiful shapes.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 06/07/2017 12:22 PM

"I wouldn't worry too much about it; as I said, their home is in the Whisper Forests, and they rarely venture forth from there," Losia said when D'dant apologized for not knowing the family of which she spoke.  "But I would love to be shown around.  This place is bigger than I imagined it..." she said, looking around in awe as she took his hand.

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby RiDragon » 06/15/2017 2:06 PM

D'dant grinned, showing off perfect sharp teeth.  "Many would agree with you."  He purred, giving her a slight nod.  He gave her hand a firm but not painful grip and shook before letting her go.  He playfully inclined his head.  "Come with me then, I'd love to show you all the things here."  He couldn't help but pause for a second, thinking that the party was...  Bigger than he remembered.  No, no it was just his eyes playing tricks on him.  He sneakily stuck a finger into the nearby golden chocolate fountain and brought it to his lips.  He looked to Loisa and grinned.  "This chocolate fountain is enchanted so that it never runs out.  Not that amazing, but still pretty neat.  Very rich tasting.  There's some strawberries next to it in case you don't wanna be rude like me and stick in your fingers."  He chucked at himself.

I see the stars,

Drifting aimless
I feel their heat
warming, selfless

RiDragon
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate