Home to a variety of cultural backgrounds, Lamenolai is a citadel city with stone walls that encompass the whole city and stone 'guardians.' It is also home to the Headquarters of the Purines, an opposing organization to the Imperialists of Lambastia. (+2 Defense, +2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Lamenolai, City of the Guardians

Re: Questions and Answers [P, Zap & I]

Postby zapdragon555 » 07/22/2017 2:14 AM

Atlas hissed quietly at the pain of being cleaned, but it would be good in the long run. He could've stayed silent--but if he was keeping up the facade of someone who hadn't been trained to silently take whatever pain was dealt to him no matter what in case of an interrogation, he'd need to show a little humanity. He smiled slightly at her words, making sure not to move his head. "Well, even so, if you hadn't pushed me down I might've been shot." He paused, eyes widening a little. "I really could've died, huh..." he whispered. Naivety wasn't one of his strong suits, but he managed to replicate it well enough in his voice.

He let a small tremble go through him as he sighed. He perked up slightly when the hat was replaced, snug with the bandages, but it felt right to have it on again. "Where were you headed, anyhow?" he asked with a small smile. For now, he could be friendly. Soon he would need to leave, though, and catch the next train--no doubt he'd missed his first one. In the meantime, he could relax a little bit.

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 485
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby FieldsofIris » 10/08/2017 11:33 AM

[Holy smokes, it's been a long while! D: I'm so, so sorry, Zap, for this being so late. A lot has happened recently, from school to health issues, and it's been a big mess. I'll explain more in a new post in the Hello/Goodbye section. Sorry, again. --'']

Ophelia's heart squeezed at the hushed tones Atlas used, whispering about his almost brush with death. It wouldn't do any good to dwell on the subject, though, and instead continued to quietly pack up her things. As she finished adjusting the last of her supplies, she turned to the man. She smiled, noticing his demeanor seemed a bit better than a moment before.

"Oh, I need to head back to the Tuun Mountains," she answered, adjusting the bag on her shoulder. "It was difficult convincing my superiors to let me go... but I luckily managed to convince them of the urgency of the situation." Unused to sharing so much information with another person, especially a stranger, Ophelia cut herself off. Glancing guiltily off to the side, she thought of how she talked more with a stranger in fifteen minutes than she had with Eliot in three yars.

Speaking of Eliot... "Oh, shoot, I probably missed my train out of here!" Her face twisted into an anxious grimace, brows furrowed tightly. She was losing time, and her superiors didn't give her much in the first place. "I should get going, I need to catch the next train." She would normally fuss over a patient more, but he did seem to be doing a lot better, she soothed herself.

Turning to go, she glanced back at the man, smiling thinly. "Please do be careful, and take care of yourself, Aaron!"

And is there a God up there? 'So,
where does he hide?
'Cause the devil is raging inside my
mind
And is there a moment where it all
makes sense?

~Amen by Amber Run~

FieldsofIris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 170
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 11/12/2017 4:19 AM

((You're totally good! I'm in the same boat with mental health and school business. Take your time and don't feel guilty! <3))

Atlas blinked, noticing she was prepping to leave. He glanced over at the windows of the shop, wondering if the commotion outside had calmed down or if it was still going on. "Mm--that's a far way away, isn't it? I hope your trip goes safely," he offered a smile, nodding to her, a slight edge of concern in his eyes. Real concern. "Urgency...?"

Before he could really ask about it, he remembered his manners, and how little it mattered. He had a task to do, and she was a civilian. Well, more than a civilian. She was a medic. And a soldier. "I missed my train as well. I was headed towards..." he trailed off, then shook his head slightly and smiled. "Well. My mother will understand my being late. I'm sure she'd be thankful to you for patching me up, though I'm sure I'll get an earful when I get home for being reckless."

It was better to lie than to reveal the name of the small town he was going to. There was no point in telling her, and the trust he'd suddenly, unconsciously found in this woman was dangerous. "Good luck with the next train. I'll have to check the schedule again," he chuckled, standing up slowly and adjusting his hat. "And be careful outside. Just in case there are copycats of that one attacker. I hear that happens sometimes..."

He paused, lips pursing. He really... really didn't want this woman to be caught in any sort of crossfire. "Would you let me walk you to the station? Since we're headed in the same direction after all."

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby FieldsofIris » 11/26/2017 1:59 PM

(Thank you for understanding T.T <3 You, too! Your health and life stuffs come first! c:)

Ophelia turned back, a bit surprised that the man still attempted to continue speaking with her. "Thank you. I hope you manage to go through the rest of your day safely, as well." She caught a slight glimpse of his concern, which melted her thin smile into something more genuine. The warmth continued at the mention of his mother, but she felt a pang of guilt.

When Atlas trailed off before revealing his destination, Ophelia went back into medic mode a bit. Did he suffer some sort of brain trauma as a result of the fall? It didn't seem so at first, but maybe it would reveal itself after the shock wore off... She didn't want to be a bother and keep the man from his mother any longer, though. Besides, getting home and resting would be the best remedy. Instead of reassessing his injuries, she offered a concerned furrow of her brow.

"I do hope you manage to make it home in time, or at least at a decent hour." She flicked her eyes to the side with guilt. "I would hate to have delayed you enough to make your mother worry." As the man stood, she felt the conversation was at its end. Smiling once more, she nodded to him. "Thank you. Good luck to you, as well. Hopefully the next train is not too much later from now."

She shuffled towards the door, though still gave her attention to the speaking man. "Do not worry about me, I will be just fine. You, however, aren't in any need of more injuries before heading home! Make sure to stay safe, Aaron." Again, she turned to leave, but was stopped once more by the quiet question. His accompaniment would be a good opportunity to subtly evaluate any internal injuries... And if he was heading her direction anyway, why not?

"Well, if it would make you feel better... And I think the company would be much appreciated." She looked over her shoulder and gestured for him to follow. "We best hurry, though!" With that, Ophelia pushed the shop door open and surveyed the silent street before taking a cautious step outside.

It was... odd, to say the least. No bodies, no blood, nothing. The Purine guard must have swept in and taken care of the mess while she was busy taking care of her new companion. Satisfied, she stepped out further onto the sidewalk and stepped in the direction of the train station, still keeping a close watch on their surroundings.

(sorry this is so long--)

where does he hide?
mind
makes sense?

~Amen by Amber Run~

FieldsofIris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 12/29/2017 2:04 PM

Thankful that she'd agreed without too much trouble, Atlas gave her a real smile (or as real as one could look--it was practiced, like everything else), and followed her out into the street. Damn. Already, everything had been cleaned up and swept away like nothing had happened. As Atlas had begun to understand, this was how the Purine army tended to operate--their transparency didn't seem very good, with its citizens. Sure, the Imperial army had secrets as well, and perhaps Atlas was biased given he knew more than the average civilian on the Imperial side...

"It's like nothing happened," he murmured, easing back into the innocent, concerned bystander frame of mind. "It's crazy..." He kept close to her, trying not to seem as though he, too, was looking around. "Even so, it'll be kind of a relief to not stay in this city much longer." He was quiet for a few moments, glancing up at the buildings around them. "It's pretty, though. But mom says the countryside is where I belong anyhow."

He wasn't sure why he was still talking. It was all lies, anyway. His heart twinged, suddenly, a very unfamiliar feeling. Why did he feel guilty lying to this woman? It was what he was trained to do--what he was supposed to do. He had to get her talking, or he feared he'd never be fully quiet himself; there was something about her that drew words out of him like they were nothing, without even prompting him. Perhaps he'd suffered some head trauma, after all. "You said you were headed to Tuun Mountains--what's up there, for you?" he asked after a moment, turning a kind expression towards Ophelia.

But dismiss your fears
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FieldsofIris » 01/12/2018 2:11 PM

Ophelia smiled at the awe in Atlas' voice. "Yes, the Purine forces tend to be quite efficient," she confirmed, dodging a timid passer-by emerging from a building. "Though, I must say, I have never been present for an event such as this. I'm sure you could tell." She glanced at her companion with a sheepish smile, then continued on her way.

"The city can get to be a bit much," she agreed, stopping at the edge of the sidewalk to wait and cross the street. After looking both ways, she made sure Atlas was following close behind her then walked into the road. They were nearing the transportation center of the city, and the roads widened where vehicles could travel - unlike the market areas designed for pedestrian traffic only.

So lost Ophelia was in her musings of the city's layout, that she almost missed Atlas' next question. She was quiet for a moment as she attempted to process his words, then sighed silently with guilt. Honestly, she didn't feel comfortable thinking about the subject of her departure too much, but it wasn't something that she could just avoid. With a resigned yet pained smile, she glanced up at her companion.

"I live up in the mountains," she began quietly, barely able to be heard over the sounds of the city. "My partner, Eliot, and I built our home there together years ago." Ophelia's eyes misted over as she recalled the man she loved. "We never did really like cities, either - Eliot always said it disturbed his 'artistic muse,'" she remarked with a choked laugh. Oh, she really did not wish to cry like a fool in front of this man. She hurried along, tucking her hair behind an ear in a ruse to subtly wipe the tears from her eyes.

This was nothing like her usual self, and it was a bit frustrating to show this much emotion in public. With a clearing of her throat, she tried to get a hold of herself. "My apologies, I did not mean to get emotional," she said, her voice raising to a more hearable level. "It is simply that I have not seen my love since I left for the Purine army three years ago." Nor have I heard from him until now, she finished in her head - it's not like this near-stranger needed to know all of the personal details.

"Why does your mother think you don't belong in the city, if you don't mind my asking?" It would be good to get the focus off of herself for awhile until Ophelia managed to gain some control of herself.

where does he hide?
mind
makes sense?

~Amen by Amber Run~

FieldsofIris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items