A dense jungle full of surprises and new places to explore! Scientists are still trying to document species found here, while travelers flock here for a sense of adventure. Be sure to make lots of preparations though, as it can be quite dangerous! (+3 Precision, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Tengel Rainforest

Re: A Change of Plans [P, Spring & I]

Postby SpringsSong » 06/24/2017 8:32 PM

(Apologies for the delay on my reply ;w;)

"Five days?"

Vadara bit her lip at hearing that estimate.  That was a long ways to walk, especially in territory that may not have been as friendly.  She looked down and thought for several moments--if she had noticed how long it took Andromeda to find the map, she said nothing about it.  However, when she suggested that they share her strange, feathered creature--a Moss Dog, she'd called it--Vadara looked visibly relieved.

"As long as it doesn't mind, I wouldn't be opposed to that," she said.
Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind
Thinking I can see through this to see what's behind
Got no way to prove it, so maybe I'm lying
Take a look in the mirror, what do you see
Can you see it clearer, or are you deceived in what you believe?
Don't ask my opinion, don't ask me to lie
Then beg for forgiveness for making you cry
'cause I'm no prophet or Messiah
You should go looking somewhere higher

I'm only human, I make mistakes
I'm only human, I do what I can
I'm only human, that's all it takes to put the blame on me

Don't put the blame on me

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 5883
Donate

Postby FieldsofIris » 10/08/2017 11:57 AM

[Oh my goodness, I am so, so, SO sorry I left you hanging for so long on this post! D: Life has gotten so blocked up for me for the past 3 months, with health issues and school. Though, I think I've finally managed to find a rhythm again (crossing my fingers)! I'm really sorry again for being a piece of garbo, Spring. --']

Completely out of her normal character, Andromeda barely managed to stifle the excitement threatening to bubble out of her. Instead, she thrust her stoic - now slightly happier - face back on, and nodded in satisfaction. "Of course," she agreed warmly.

She quickly refolded the map and shoved it back in her bag before turning back to the Moss Dog. Vadara had mentioned making sure the creature wouldn't mind, so she attempted to do so. "Ummm..." Hesitating, she rubbed the back of her neck awkwardly, fumbling to remember the name of the creature. After a moment of tense silence, she looked to the name tag hanging loosely from the creature's neck.

"Ah, Lyoga?" She tried, smiling when the creature perked up at its name. "Are you alright with a change of plans?" Lyoga stared at her for a brief moment craned its neck to look at the newcomer, then looked back at her. Unsure how to take that, Andromeda shuffled her feet awkwardly, looking back over her shoulder to look at Vadara, as well.

And is there a God up there? 'So,
where does he hide?
'Cause the devil is raging inside my
mind
And is there a moment where it all
makes sense?

~Amen by Amber Run~

FieldsofIris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 170
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 12/13/2017 4:36 PM

(My own apologies for leaving you hanging as well >w<;;;)

Vadara also seemed uncertain as to how to take the creature's reaction, as it had neither reacted positively nor negatively to the question.  After a few moments, she approached the creature slowly, meeting its gaze levelly.

"Hello, Lyoga," she said softly, holding a hand out, as though to stroke the creature's face.  However, she stopped short of the Gyrraptor's face, leaving some distance between her hand and the creature's snout.  How the creature would react would give Vadara a sense of the creature's feelings towards her presence.

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

:.:Eternal Spring:.:Tome of Records:.:Spring's Wishlist:.:Eternal Spring Breeders:.:
SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FieldsofIris » 12/14/2017 12:06 PM

[Haha, we're working on it! We've got stuff going on, I understand. c:]

Andromeda looked over to Vadara in surprise, which quickly morphed into an amusement that had her stifling a smile. The woman seemed to be better with animals than she was, herself, which was a bit of a relief. Andromeda turned, waiting for the Moss Dog's response.

Lyoga lifted their head and looked to Vardara, blinking slowly. After a moment, the creature leaned in a rested their snout against the woman's out-stretched hand. Andromeda visibly relaxed, and allowed herself a small grin as she looked to Vardara.

"It seems that she likes you," she said warmly. "I'd take that as an okay?" Mentally, Andromeda reminded herself to get Lyoga extra treats in Jawan.

where does he hide?
mind
makes sense?

~Amen by Amber Run~

FieldsofIris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby SpringsSong » 12/15/2017 12:04 PM

"It would seem so," Vadara said, gently stroking the Moss Dog's face gently.  "I always had a way with animals when I was younger, but... I did not expect that to carry over to this world."

She looked around the forest for a brief moment, and then, she looked at her pack.  Her Faeblades and chakrams were still contained within, as was the deck of tarot cards she'd been given by Agarth.  "I'm ready to set off whenever you are.  I have everything I need here in this pack--at least, everything that I came here with."

"Human", Rag'n'Bone Man

SpringsSong
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FieldsofIris » 12/15/2017 12:23 PM

Andromeda nodded. "Let me check and secure a few things, then I will be ready, as well." She checked the saddle and reigns, making sure they were secure, but not too tight for the creature.

She then turned, making sure her dagger was tucked back in its holder, and the map was held safely in a pouch within reach. Taking one last scan of the area, she nodded in satisfaction. "I'll hop up, first, then." The young woman quickly slid her foot into the stirrup and swung around. She removed her foot then, and offered a hand to Vardara.

"Sorry it may be difficult to hop on, but there's plenty of room." She was a bit apprehensive about being so close to someone for such a long journey... but shook it off. She'd already offered to help, and she wouldn't let her own issues get in the way of that.

where does he hide?
mind
makes sense?

~Amen by Amber Run~

FieldsofIris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items