Why not drop in and say hello to all the members out there. If you're new here and would just like to meet a new friend, or you just happen to be leaving this forum for good, go ahead and post here.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Hellos and Goodbyes

More Than I Could Handle (Where Have I Been?)

Postby FieldsofIris » 10/08/2017 12:41 PM

Just a heads up, this has details about my personal life, so if you don't feel comfortable reading this, I understand.

It's probably been about 3 months since I've actually had a good, relaxing sit down session on Evelon, and I've dropped the ball on a lot of my RP's since then. I want to apologize to all of my RP partners, and give a little bit of an explanation as to where I've been. Just a warning: I'll be talking about my health in detail, so if that makes you uncomfortable, you are free to skip the rest of the post, or at least the next two paragraphs.

Starting back in January, I began having health issues. I gained a lot of weight for no reason, I began feeling ill much of the time, and I generally wasn't feeling like myself. I couldn't really do anything about it because I was out at college, and didn't want to deal with multiple doctors on opposite sides of the state. Anyway, after five months of generally not feeling well, I came home and immediately started consulting doctors. I was bounced around from department to department, and had a lot of different tests done.

The whole process included ultrasounds, blood work, and more consultations than I ever thought I would have. The hospital had a really hard time finding out the source of my problems. After three months of this process, in August, I was finally diagnosed with something. I have PCOS, a chronic illness affecting my hormone levels and causing cysts to form on my ovaries. It may sound like PCOS isn't a big deal, but I didn't think so either, until I was living with it. Over the last two months, I've been on a hormone treatment that has really had some adverse affects on me, and has made it hard to do the things I want to do.

Soon after beginning the treatment, college started back up, again, though I now go to a school in my hometown instead of across the state. I switched to a nursing major, and I lost most of my credits (2 years worth), ending up as a freshman, again. Even though I am taking "beginner level" classes, the work load has kept me at my desk constantly, unable to do the things I enjoy because I always felt like I was one step behind.

It wasn't until now that I have finally felt comfortable enough to begin doing what I want to do again. I feel that I actually have the time and drive to get on here and enjoy myself again. I'm cautious about posting this, because I truly do want to make an effort to be on Evelon more. This site and the people and stories on it are what really make me happy.

But I'm also afraid that at any moment, I'll start being overwhelmed again.

I still have some bad days, but am working along side with my family and doctors to get through this and manage my symptoms better.

For now, I am optimistic, and believe that I'll be back on here more often, at least for a bit every Sunday. So thank you for taking the time to read this, if you read it. I'm glad to be back. <3 Much love, everyone.

And is there a God up there? 'So,
where does he hide?
'Cause the devil is raging inside my
mind
And is there a moment where it all
makes sense?

~Amen by Amber Run~

FieldsofIris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 170
Donate

Re: More Than I Could Handle (Where Have I Been?)

Postby zapdragon555 » 10/08/2017 12:49 PM

You've been through a lot and I definitely want you to know first and foremost that people (including me!!) fully understand not having time for writing. I'm so glad you checked in, I was worried about you! But I'm glad to see you're doing alright, all things considered, and are getting treatment for your condition! It sounds like a really rough time and I'd say take it easy, but I know nursing is a very hard degree and you must have a ton on your plate.

Work and health comes first! Don't worry about disappointing anyone here, just focus on feeling as good as you can! <3

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 485
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 10/08/2017 1:20 PM

Welcome back, Iris, it's good to see you on here again.

I have a close friend who has PCOS and I've seen the effect it has on someone who's dealing with it, especially when it's a recent diagnosis. It does get more manageable as your body gets used to the treatment, so keep your chin up, and don't worry about taking breaks from things as needed - Evelon will still be here whenever you feel like coming back.

Health and happiness to you, and all the best for your new course!
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2056
Donate

Postby Mojave » 10/08/2017 2:48 PM

As someone who also has PCOS, I feel your pain. If you ever wanna talk or vent, my inbox is open. C: I'm glad your doctors have found a treatment that works for you! Regardless of how many "slow" periods you have where you just don't feel like you can keep up with Evelon, just remember everyone here tends to be understanding and the rps will be here when you feel better. Anyway, welcome back!
Pen . Docs . Sales . Wishes . About . RP Records . Journal . DA . FR
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 584
Donate

Postby FieldsofIris » 10/09/2017 9:57 PM

Wow, thank you all so much for your support! I feel very loved and weepy now, haha! C,: You've managed to strike me speechless. I'll just have to stick with saying thank you a billion times. <3

And is there a God up there? 'So,
where does he hide?
'Cause the devil is raging inside my
mind
And is there a moment where it all
makes sense?

~Amen by Amber Run~

FieldsofIris
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 170
Donate

Postby Middy » 10/09/2017 10:58 PM

I know someone near and dear to me that had PCOS.

While I may have had a touch of it, my issue was endometriosis (combined with my rare diseases) and am now without a uterus or ovaries. I know being on hormone replacement can be hard, and I fully understand the pain you are going through. I'm very happy to hear the doctors are working with you and you are trying to get through college on top of that! You seem like a very strong person, and I know you can do it! Don't be afraid of being slow, take care of yourself first, always~

Hang in there, if you ever wanna talk, I'm here =3
Middy
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate