The easiest region to access thanks to the port city of Jawan, Nssylai is possibly the most welcoming for new travelers. There are fewer rain forests, more open space, beautiful winding rivers, and supposedly less dangers. If you do seek adventure though, the Craiss Caverns and Idalani Waterfalls are a sight to behold. For relaxation or to get in touch with your spiritual side, head out to Nu'san Temple.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Nssylai

In Vino Veritas [self; L, S]

Postby crow » 11/15/2017 12:29 AM

ImageImage

“Wow, this place is pretty nice.”

Chan-ho surveyed the room around him with wide eyes, his lips parted in surprise. Of course, it didn’t stop him from kicking his shoes off unceremoniously on the doormat, and dumping his bag of snacks onto the floor.

Yo-han, watching him from the door to the kitchen, frowned. “Look,” he said, “did you need something?”

Chan-ho grinned at him. “You sound just like Jae right now,” he said. When Yo-han’s expression didn’t lift, he pouted. “Come on, hyung. I brought snacks!”
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 3874
Donate

Re: In Vino Veritas[self; L]

Postby crow » 11/15/2017 12:29 AM

“Yeah, yeah.” Yo-han sighed, but one corner of his mouth quirked up, and he turned back to the kitchen to grab a couple of beers from the fridge. Wordlessly, he held one out over his shoulder, and felt the brush of Chan-ho’s fingers as Chan-ho took it from him.

He didn’t even have time to offer the bottle opener. Chan-ho had picked up a spoon from the cup next to the sink, and popped the lid off with practiced ease. It fell clattering onto the countertop, wobbling for a moment before settling flat.

“Hey,” said Yo-han. “Don’t make a mess in someone else’s house.”
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby crow » 11/15/2017 12:30 AM

Chan-ho made a face. “You’re different when it’s your house, aren’t you? It’s one bottlecap,” he said. “Don’t be stingy.” Still, he picked it up, flipping it with his thumb as if it were a coin. Yo-han watched him catch it, once, twice, three times. Always the same place on his palm, dead center. He could see the places where the edges dug into the skin.

Well. Chan-ho had always been good with his hands.

“So,” said Yo-han, leaning the small of his back against the edge of the counter. “What’s the occasion?”

Chan-ho caught the bottle cap and glanced at him, blinking in surprise. “Hmm? I don’t know what you mean,” he said. Feigned, the way he was on stage sometimes. Yo-han knew it, not that the knowledge pleased him.
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby crow » 11/15/2017 12:30 AM

“But man,” Chan-ho was saying. “It must be nice having a whole apartment to yourself. I’m still living at the dorms… Did I tell you about the mold that’s growing on the back wall?”

For a moment, Yo-han said nothing, crossing his arms and studying Chan-ho’s face. Chan-ho’s eyes stayed fixed on the bottle cap, the line of his mouth curved in a smile that was almost absent-minded, as if he wasn’t even aware of what he was doing. Whatever it was, he wasn’t going to talk about it. And Yo-han wasn’t the type to pry.

“Yeah,” Yo-han said. “Who lost the bet this time?”
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby crow » 11/15/2017 12:31 AM

“Jae and Hyun-jin hyung. Well, actually, it was Jae and TK, but Hyun-jin hyung said he’d trade. I don’t think he’s stopped sleeping next to that wall since the mold started, actually.” Chan-ho tossed the bottle cap into the trash. “What about you? How’s everyone doing? Do any of you still live together?”

Yo-han shrugged. “Yeo-reum and Dae-hyun are sharing an apartment right now, but I’m pretty sure Dae-hyun’s just using Yeo-reum as a placeholder until he can get his brother to come up with him.”

For a brief moment, he recalled the night Ha-jun introduced Dong-hyun to them. That was what was so familiar about this, he realized. Chan-ho had had a similar look about him for a few days after he’d hooked up with Dong-hyun. As far as Yo-han knew, the two of them hadn’t spoken after that.
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: In Vino Veritas [self; L, S]

Postby crow » 11/15/2017 12:31 AM

Chan-ho’s expression faltered for a moment. He must have been remembering it too. He went still, eyes fixed on a point off to the side, near the floor.

“I… slept with Young-soo,” he said.

Ah. There it was. Yo-han twisted the cap off his own bottle and took a draught. “So, you came here to brag?” he said, arching his brows. He thought about what he could remember of Young-soo, from the times they'd run into each other, and from what he'd seen of KUNA together on TV. Chan-ho mentioned him often. They were same-age friends, and Yo-han remembered sharp eyes, a deeper more guttural tone than Chan-ho's when he rapped in their songs.

Chan-ho laughed, though there was a forced quality to it. “No,” he said.
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby crow » 11/15/2017 12:33 AM

“Then what? You wanted to screw me to get the taste of him out of your mouth?” Yo-han was being deliberately obtuse. He knew that wasn’t why Chan-ho was here. It would have been easier if it was. Sex was easy. He wasn’t cut out for this, whatever this was.

“Tempting, but,” said Chan-ho, tapping a finger to his bottom lip, “I think I’ll pass today. My ass is still sore.”

“See? You did come to brag,” said Yo-han.

“I came to get drunk.” Chan-ho set his bottle on the counter. Sometime during their short conversation, he’d managed to empty it. He brushed past Yo-han to open the fridge, reaching in for another. “And to get away from my members for a while. I think a couple of them know, and it was getting kind of old, being stared at all the time.”
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby crow » 11/15/2017 12:33 AM

Yo-han snorted. “If you didn’t want to be stared at, you shouldn’t have become an idol.”

“Come on, you know that’s not what I mean,” Chan-ho said.

“Alright. So you slept with Young-soo. And?” Yo-han shifted to face Chan-ho, but Chan-ho was still avoiding his gaze. Yo-han couldn’t tell what he was thinking. One of the cardinal rules was that you didn’t sleep with your own members, because there was almost no way that could end well. “Did you mean to do it?”

“No. Though I guess it doesn’t mean anything. I wasn’t drunk, and you can’t…” Chan-ho thumbed the neck of the bottle. “You can’t really sleep with someone by accident.”

“Maybe if they were wearing a mask,” Yo-han said.

“Maybe.”

Neither of them said anything after that. The mood had taken a distinctly awkward turn. Yo-han finished his beer, then opened a cabinet, pulling out a bottle labelled with Chinese script. “Come on,” he said, walking out of the kitchen and into the living room. “If we’re going to get drunk, we might as well do it sitting down.”
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby crow » 11/21/2017 3:21 AM

Most people had a preference when drinking, even when it came to hard liquor. Yo-han liked kaoliang liquor over soju; some people he knew had more Western tastes, like vodka, or tequila. As far as he knew though, Chan-ho didn’t really care what he drank as long as it got him good and drunk. He didn’t raise any protest when Yo-han poured him a shot.

Chan-ho was like that. Anything was good with him. Sure, he had a type, but if he was in the mood for something, the specifics of it didn’t really matter. It was the same with food, with friends, with the people he fucked. Guys or girls, hot or not, it didn’t really matter as long as their eyes were on him. About the only thing he drew a hard line on was pain play.
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Chan-ho’s preferences aside, though, there were rules to what they did. Those rules existed mostly to give them even a snowball’s chance in hell of keeping their day job. Of course, if they were really serious about not wanting to risk anything, they wouldn’t be doing this in the first place, but sometimes you just couldn’t live the way they were supposed to on paper. And they were human, weren’t they? Even the managers understood that, and overlooked things to a point.

Don't sleep with your fans. Be upfront if you don't want a relationship. And, of course, don't fuck your own groupmates.

Yo-han studied Chan-ho as they drank, watched the bob of his Adam’s apple as he swallowed. “Phew,” said Chan-ho, inspecting his empty shot-glass. “This is pretty strong.”
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

“Yeah, I have a feeling I’m going to want to be buzzed for this,” said Yo-han, downing his own shot in one smooth movement. It burned in a way that was familiar, almost comforting, all the way down to his gut. Chan-ho’s smile slipped at his words, and Yo-han sighed, leaning back against the sofa.

“So?” he said. “Why’d you do it?”

“I don’t… Well.” Chan-ho was smiling again, but this time there was a trace of bitterness in his expression. A rare look, for someone like him. Truth be told, Yo-han didn’t want to be the one doing the asking. It wasn’t his business, and he was just about the last person equipped to help anyone with whatever the hell it was Chan-ho was doing. But Chan-ho wouldn’t have brought it up if he hadn’t wanted to talk about it, and listening didn’t cost Yo-han anything.
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby crow » 11/21/2017 3:22 AM

He waited, as Chan-ho stared up at the wall, searching the featureless white paint for answers. Quietly, Chan-ho said, “He was just… there.”

Yo-han blinked, then narrowed his eyes, and took another drink. “You’re going to have to do better than that,” he said. “You’ve been bunking with your members for, what, almost three years now? This is the first time you’ve slept with one.”

He’d expected a rebuttal, but Chan-ho just laughed. “I know, right? I should’ve just kept it up.” He held out his glass, and Yo-han poured him another.

“Does anyone know?” Yo-han said.

Chan-ho shook his head. "I don’t know. Some of them seem like maybe they've figured it out, but…” But of course they wouldn’t say anything. Of course.
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby crow » 11/21/2017 3:22 AM

“Then,” said Yo-han, “do you think it’s going to happen again?”

Chan-ho’s eyes drifted down to the glass in his hand again, idly swirling it so the liquor inside sloshed back and forth. “No,” he said. His voice was so quiet that Yo-han might not have heard it if he hadn’t been listening for it. “No, it’s not going to happen again.”

“Then you have nothing to worry about,” said Yo-han with a shrug.

Chan-ho laughed again, but this time there was a hollow note to it. He drank, and this time he didn’t wait for Yo-han to pour. He grabbed the bottle and drank, once, twice. “Hey,” said Yo-han, a little crossly--- this wasn’t the cheap stuff. But Chan-ho didn’t stop, so Yo-han seized his hand, and Chan-ho’s eyes snapped up to meet his own.
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby crow » 11/21/2017 3:23 AM

Yo-han knew that look. “Hyung,” Chan-ho said, his voice still low. It was the same look Chan-ho had given him when they’d met three years ago, at a club in the city.

He’d been too young then. He wasn’t anymore. Chan-ho reached up to trace the line of Yo-han’s jaw with his fingers, lingering there for a moment, before finding the back of Yo-han’s neck and pulling him in. Their lips met, Chan-ho’s mouth open under his, everything so familiar that Yo-han didn’t even think about what he was doing until Chan-ho was already in his lap, straddling him, pulling at Yo-han’s shirt as Yo-han trailed kisses down his neck.

They were really going to do this then, he thought. But then Chan-ho ran his hands up Yo-han’s back, and Yo-han yielded obligingly as Chan-ho pulled his shirt up over his head. It was easy not to think, with the liquor running hot in his veins, and the warm weight of Chan-ho against him. “Hyung,” Chan-ho said again, feverishly this time.

If this was what he wanted…

crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate