This board is for any questions you may need answered. Please make sure to read the rules first, just so you don't end up asking something that's plainly stated. =3

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Help!

I've been out of the loop

Postby HunnyBun » 01/02/2018 10:36 PM

So I have been away from Evelon for quite some time, and in that amount a time a lot has happened. So I need a bit of a refresher course on a few things.

How is breeding done now? I remeber around the time I was last here that they had changed the way you got a room from the old way of just being first come first serve to something else. What is it now and how do you go about getting a room?

I have a few items in my possession that I have no idea what they are or what they do. They are:
Birthday Cake (Kodai) - I actually know what this one is, where do I go to see what pets I can choose from?
Chaos Draught
Livestream Trinket
Plastic Candycane
Specimen Jar
XX Draught

Is the war still going on? That was a new thing last time I was here. If not, whats the new thing going on now?

We're waiting every night
To finally roam and invite
Newcomers to play with us
For many years we've been all alone

.: ~Pen~ :.
.: ~Sales~ :.
.: ~Breeder~ :.
.: ~Imp. Doc~ :.
HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 263
Donate

Re: I've been out of the loop

Postby crow » 01/02/2018 10:50 PM

1) Breedings: This one is a little complicated to fully explain, so I recommend just reading the thread explaining the system in full.

But essentially, each user has two "slots" per month now, and each breeding costs two "slots" (so you can either do one self-breeding, or two breedings with another person, per month). There's a KS fee per breeding (deducted from your account by a mod), and each post must be made within 168 hours of the one before it other (so, 7 days) or else the breeding fails. You still need 25 posts total to finish a room.

I really do recommend reading the thread though, since it goes into better detail. If you have any specific questions on the breeding system, feel free to ask. ovo

2) Here are all the staff birthday pets from past years.

Chaos Draught - throws in an element of "randomness" for at least one offspring in a non-Kuhna litter (also applies to Elixir of Fertility Kuhna breedings) ie new colors, markings, heads/wings/tails (Paragon) that the parents don't have.

Livestream Ticket - "redeem it for your choice of any one pet from a Livestream event"

Plastic Candycane - "exchange it for one random Christmas pet from the year of your choice"

Specimen Jar - 10% discount on one order from Evo-Lux or the Metamorphose Medical Clinic

XX Draught - use it to guarantee all babies in a breeding will be female

3) Yes, the war is still going on. Right now the only real event of note is a boss fight for each team, detailed here and here. Otherwise, it's still the same as before--- posts in the war RP areas (except Training Grounds) gain you 3 BP per post.

However, we've changed our rules a bit regarding minimum post length requirements. Instead of going by sentence count (5 for normal areas, 10 for war), we've now moved into a word count system. The full list of how many words are required where is here, but war posts need to be 100 words or more to award BP.

There's a little word counter right below the text input box for posts, to make it easier to see how much you've written.

Hope that helps!
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 3874
Donate

Re: I've been out of the loop

Postby HunnyBun » 01/02/2018 11:24 PM

So much help! Thank you crow!

We're waiting every night
To finally roam and invite