If you're looking for beautiful seaside scenery, this is the place for you. Home to the world's largest collection of fishermen and fishing pets, this city is well known, as it provides much of Barakka's fish exports. You should try the famous Broiled Sea Scalla, it's delicious! (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Jawan, the Sea City

The Carpal Tunnel of Love [crow and Night] [L]

Postby crow » 02/14/2018 5:20 AM

(pls move to Jawan once event ends)

Valentines Day... Right.

Truth be told, Noah hadn't even realized it was creeping up. In the whirlwind of events since he'd brokered that goal with Amp--- a god, which he still had a hard time believing, no matter how much proof he saw--- there hadn't really been much time to notice anything. Mostly it was a blessing. These days he didn't like to be in his own head. It felt like every time he had a moment to himself, he was remembering something else about Grayson, and then all he wanted to do was curl up and cry. Or maybe not even cry, but just... sit there, staring into space, waiting for the pain to go away. He didn't really know.

Then day-of rolled around, and by some sick coincidence a gig got cancelled, and now he was holed up in a too-fancy hotel and faced with nothing but romance movies on every single channel. At some point he'd just given in, ordered three pints of ice cream from room service, and flipped to the saddest chick flick he could find.

Now he was seated on the bed, the pillows lying in some sort of rumpled nest around him, cocooned in a blanket and shoveling ice cream into his mouth.

As good a way to spend the holiday as any, really.
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 3874
Donate

Re: The Carpal Tunnel of Love [crow and Night]

Postby Night » 02/14/2018 5:39 AM

It wasn't like he was stalking Noah, or anything. He just happened to be the guy's manager, for all intents and purposes, and may or may not have been notified when the credit card used to book the room had been charged with entirely too much ice cream for one person. He'd spent a little too much time stalking around the bar and being generally pissy about the weird feeling in his chest before he'd given in. One of the few (many) perks of being a god was instant transportation; he wasn't above taking advantage. It was just a matter of shifting focus to where he wanted to be, and then there he was - leaning against the doorframe of the hotel bathroom in all of his minuscule glory.

He smirked, giving the nest of blankets that he assumed contained one distraught pop star an extraordinarily unimpressed look. "With the amount of ice cream on the bill I just received, I expected this room to be full of groupies. I was kind of pissed you didn't invite me."

He yanked his leather jacket off, dropping it across the back of the hotel's desk chair and then flopping into it. He propped his feet up on the bed, staring Noah down. "I'm a bit disappointed, honestly. I was hoping you'd finally succumbed to Hollywood depravity."
Night
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 511
Donate
Location: Come to Crystal Palace on Forbidden Mountain in next 25 mins if you want to fight

Postby crow » 02/14/2018 11:35 PM

It took Noah a moment to even register that someone else was there. The voice almost seemed to come out of nowhere; he hadn't heard the door open, but... Glancing up bleary and red-eyed from crying, he saw Amp leaned against the door, surveying the scene with a thoroughly unimpressed expression.

In retrospect Noah wouldn't have blamed him. Noah was making a pretty pathetic picture, huddled up and sniffling as sad music blared out from the TV speakers. The complete picture of a loser on a lovers' holiday, soundtrack included.

Then his brain caught up, and he sniffed, hurriedly dabbing at his eyes with one corner of the blanket. "Wh-What... What are you doing here?" he said, because it wasn't really possible that Amp thought he was having a... "Did the thing get un-cancelled?"
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Night » 02/15/2018 2:11 AM

"I told you. I'm here because I thought you were having more fun than me - which is not cool."  The god shoved at Noah's blanket-covered legs with his shoe. "Now I can see that you're throwing a pity party instead. Which, also not cool. It does have party in the name, so I still feel like I should have been invited."

Amp was a bit at a loss for what to do in this situation. Noah was crying, which... wasn't actually all that new, given the circumstances in which they met. He still didn't know how to handle it. He made up for it by pretending he didn't notice. It seemed like a pretty solid plan. "I think we should go out. Your room is boring. You aren't even sharing your icecream, which is just rude by the way. I came all the way out here and this is how you treat a guest?"
Night
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate
Location: Come to Crystal Palace on Forbidden Mountain in next 25 mins if you want to fight

Postby crow » 02/15/2018 2:21 AM

Noah was listening, he really was, but... he just didn't get it, what Amp was saying. Or, well, he understood the words, but he wasn't sure if Amp was kidding, or... or if he really did want Noah to give him a heads up and an invitation if Noah planned to eat ice cream and cry. It didn't seem like he wanted to participate, judging from his suggestion that they go do something else. But he was sort of beginning to give up on trying to figure Amp out, deciding it was probably enough that Amp was nice to him, more or less. A lot nicer than he expected, considering he'd sold his soul to the guy.

"Um," he said, sniffing again. Reaching out to the bedside table, he fumbled for a tissue and blew his nose. "I-It's a little melted, but if you want some..." He held out an unopened pint, like a peace offering. In case Amp hadn't been kidding about wanting it.
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Night » 02/15/2018 2:52 AM

Amp did his best not to roll his eyes. "Oh sure, now you want to share. Too bad - I've already decided that I want to do something else. Get dressed, we're going to the amusement park. I hear they've got a deal running for buy one get one free tickets today." Noah clearly needed to get laid, and if there was one thing amusement parks were full of it was thrill seeking women. Or men. It's not as though he were really in any position to judge. Who knows, maybe someone would find his incessant crying a turn on.

He pulled the half-melted ice cream into his lap and started shoving at the blankets with his feet. "Go on, I don't have all day kid." Technically he had all the time in the world. But he wasn't about to sit around and waste it all on Noah's lack of motivation. "I need a wingman anyway. See, it works out for everyone!"
Night
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby crow » 02/15/2018 11:21 PM

Noah rolled over as he was kicked, falling over with a yelp. He barely managed to save the bowl of ice cream that had been balanced on his knees. "The... amusement park?" he said, feeling exceptionally slow. "You want to go with me?"

It shouldn't have been as odd a suggestion as it was, since Amp did have a penchant for dragging him to places, but those places were usually for work. And somehow, the idea of Amp in a theme park was kind of off. Wasn't he more the type to hit up clubs, or something?

... Noah knew better than to say it out loud though. He didn't want Amp to suddenly decide it was a better idea to drag him to a club. At least a theme park he could, maybe, survive. "I, um, have to get dressed, but..." He hopped off the bed and started rummaging around for clothes in the suitcase he'd packed, all the while fumbling for the remote to try and turn off the TV. The dramatic scene had given way to a passionate make-out, and having it blasted on a big-screen with Amp in the room was massively embarrassing.
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Night » 02/16/2018 7:56 AM

He didn't roll his eyes, but it was a near thing. "No, of course not. I was telling that rather attractive desk lamp to get dressed and you just happened to have interrupted." If there were one thing he had perfected over the millennia, it was a deadpan expression. "Yes, I want to go with you. Now please hurry up, the decor is beginning to hurt my eyes." Who was even in charge of decorating hotel rooms? They all looked the same and yet this one seemed particularly tasteless. Perhaps they'd gone over the top in an effort to make it seem more high-end?

Amp spooned some of the icecream-turned-soup into his mouth and cut his eyes towards the television. His eyebrows inched impossibly higher even as a grin split across his features. "Oh my, I didn't know you had it in you, Noah! Were you in here watching the pay-per-view channels?" The complicated leer he executed said that he was definitely not talking about renting a family movie.
Night
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: The Carpal Tunnel of Love [crow and Night] [L]

Postby crow » 02/16/2018 8:07 AM

"I-I-It's 'The Notebook'!" Noah said, dismayed. His face flushed at the mere idea of what Amp was implying, which didn't help with either of the tasks he was attempting to do. Eventually he did manage to to turn off the TV, heaving a sigh of relief as he placed the remote on the bedside table.

The clothes he came up with, in the end, were an oversized hoodie and slightly baggy jeans--- old clothes, from before he'd met Amp. He figured that since he wasn't doing a show or anything, he might as well be comfortable. Bundling the clothes under his arm, he started in the direction of the bathroom. They were both guys, but he just didn't feel comfortable changing in front of Amp.
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Night » 02/16/2018 8:39 AM

"Sure it is, sweetheart." Amp winked at him, waggling his eyebrows at the same time. It probably should have looked ridiculous, and likely would have on anyone else. The god simply had a way of turning even the most unattractive of faces into something verging on a simper. It was a talent.

His smirk fell when he took note of Noah's choice in clothing. "You're not planning on wearing that are you?!" He abandoned the ice cream on the bedside table, rising to meet Noah halfway to the restroom. "I understand if you don't want to dress better than me if you're going to be my wingman, but you can't seriously expect me to be seen with you looking like you've crawled out of an episode of the Babysitter's Club."

Amp turned Noah around by the shoulders, depositing him at the edge of the bed and beginning to dig unceremoniously through his bags. "I can't believe Fisher let you pack that outfit. Did you tell him it was pajamas? I'm going to have to have a chat with him."

Noah's clothes were strewn about the floor by the time Amp emerged from the depths of the suitcase. He thrust a pair of tight jeans and a soft but expensive-looking sweater into his lap. "Wear this, and for the love of the gods do something with your hair."
Night
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby crow » 02/16/2018 8:51 AM

Noah naively said, "What's wrong with it?" before Amp pointed out exactly what he found objectionable about it. Noah's face fell, but he didn't really have time to dwell on it. Amp grabbed him by the shoulders and shoved him down onto the bed, then began going through his suitcase. He barely had time to register being relieved that Amp hadn't made him do anything more than sit before he realized that Amp was going through his things. About five embarrassing items immediately came to mind, and he jumped up. "You can't look in there!" he said. Not that it did him any good. All he could do was watch in dismay as his things were thrown, one by one, across the floor. Underwear included. Oh god. Gods?

He deflated again when Amp finally passed him some clothes, this time for different reasons. He didn't even have the energy to fight it anymore. "Alright," he said, taking the clothes from Amp and walking defeatedly into the bathroom, locking the door behind him. Which probably wouldn't actually have stopped Amp, come to think of it... No, he wasn't going to think about that.

He changed, and looked himself in the mirror. A skinny kid with a slight case of bedhead stared back. It was true that the clothes Amp picked out for him were more fashionable than his own, but he still didn't feel like himself in them. He figured someone like himself ought to look more lame than he did right now.

It occurred to him that he didn't actually know how to do his hair. He settled for combing it down with a bit of water so nothing stuck up anymore, before unlocking the door and peering out. "Is this... okay?"
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Night » 02/16/2018 10:33 AM

Amp, as to be expected, was more than prepared to ignore Noah's protests. He was also willing to overlook the kid's less than eager expression when presented with his new outfit. He was fairly certain that, even if Noah was refusing to acknowledge how big of an opportunity he was being presented by getting to spend the day with him, Noah would come to appreciate it later.

Satisfied that the younger man was going to change into his new outfit without protest, Amp collapsed back onto Noah's bed spread eagle. With the light television off, he could see the faint blue glow that tugged against his edges tinting the white sheets. He watched the light play over the threads while he waited, trying to recenter himself against the slightly off-kilter way Noah's slow collapse weighed into him. Better to just ignore. He didn't like not knowing what to do.

When the bathroom door opened, he sat up and squinted at Noah - like he was checking to see that he'd actually put on the correct outfit. He stood and prowled towards the taller male, predatory. Deft fingers came out to catch at Noah's sweater, pulling at the bottom to test it's fit before smoothing upward to fix Noah's hair to his liking. "You'll do." But he was smiling, which was surely a good sign.

"Come on, let's go. I'd like to get inside before they close, and I'm sure there'll be a line." He grabbed for Noah's wrist, and with a twist he was pulling them into an alleyway a short walk from amusement park.

What? It's not like he was going to take a taxi.
Night
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby crow » 02/17/2018 3:48 AM

Noah backed up a couple of steps as Amp approached, but whatever he was expecting, the distinctly stage-mom-esque tug at his shirt wasn't it. Still, he flushed slightly from the proximity. It wasn't like--- well... He honestly didn't know how he felt about Amp these days, but it wasn't like anything was going to happen. He knew that. Noah was the skinniest, most unsexy person he knew, and it wasn't like he wanted anything to happen. It was just that he'd never had many opportunities to occupy another guy's space, and maybe the lack had made him a little too keenly aware of it, however it happened.

He didn't have long to dwell on it. The next thing he knew, Amp was grabbing his wrist, and there was a sickening lurch as he felt himself temporarily displaced. He gasped as their surroundings resolidified into a much different structure, staggering slightly and leaning against the nearest wall. Only when he recognized the carnival music drifting over from somewhere nearby did he realize where they were.

He wasn't sure if he'd ever get used to that either.
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Night » 02/18/2018 3:24 AM

Amp didn't appear to even notice Noah's discomfort. He was moving towards the street before they'd even fully materialized, as eager to get to the main attraction as ever. When he didn't hear Noah falling into step immediately behind him, he turned over his shoulder to pout in his general direction.

"Noah!" He whined, his lack luster height and petulant tone doing nothing to diminish the impression that he was an actual five year old. "Come on! I want to have time to ride all the rides." Among other things, but he didn't want to scar Noah for life.

Well, he did. But it had been enough of a fight to get him to go out at all, and he wasn't about to go pushing his luck when they hadn't even gotten inside yet. Once he was sure that Noah was following, he jogged down the street towards the growing line outside the amusement park.

It hadn't really occurred to him to just drop them directly into the park, but seeing the mass of people waiting to get inside he was beginning to question his logic. Not to be deterred, he grabbed Noah's wrist and hauled him into the line somewhere near the front. He glared back at anyone who dared to protest, and then immediately took to scanning the crowd for potential partners.

"There sure are a lot of couples here." Amp noted, distaste coloring his tone for just a fraction of a second before he seemed to light up. "That's alright though. You'd be surprised how many people are open about this sort of thing." He gave Noah another wink, just for good measure.
Night
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby crow » 02/18/2018 8:37 AM

Noah was surprised to see that Amp had waited for him. He tried his best to quell a feeling that he suspected was nausea and just keep walking, but soon enough he found himself being dragged along by his wrist again.

"There really are a lot of people..." It was pretty crowded, though he didn't really have anything to compare it to since he had never been to a theme park before. His school went once for a trip but he figured it was just going to be a lot of him sitting alone and throwing up, so he opted to just stay home and study.

At Amp's comment, he blinked a little. "Well, it's Valentine's... And you said they had a deal, right?" It made sense that most of the people here were couples, though a lot of those couples had kids with them too.

And then the rest of what Amp said sank in, and Noah flushed. "B-B-But we're not..." he stammered weakly. Unless... Was that what this was supposed to be? "Um," he said eloquently. "Is this... Is this a d-date?" It shouldn't have been, right? ... Right? But it was true that he couldn't always follow what Amp was saying, and... And they were here for a Valentine's special....
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Next