A very strange place indeed, this Shrine to the Holy Triumvirate is nestled within the icy peaks of the Fe'gan Mountains. You will find the warmth of spirituality here, together with works of great sculptural design based on the Holy Triumvirate religion. (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Basantha Shrine

A fear of shadows {P, me and Sappheara}

Postby Wolfie_Barrow » 01/28/2010 2:13 AM

Patch stumbled into the large church-like shrine and gazed up at the ceiling in awe- an awe that lasted merely a few seconds before it turned into a fear that gripped him- the ceiling was so high up, with so many hanging chandeliers and burning candles...

It didn't take him long to notice the three statues and the entryways they seemed to guard. He made his way over to them, and found them... alarming. Of course, that was probably just him, but he was still very hesitant about getting any closer. He decided to just sit and watch them for a bit. Maybe something interesting and... safe... would happen.

He hoped he wouldn't see some kind of ghost. This place gave him the feeling that it could be haunted, like most places he visited. Of course, most places also gave him the feeling that there might be vampires, werewolves, or zombies hidden somewhere, or some great big spider that would come and attack him.

He knew it was silly, but Patch just couldn't help it. He was scared of, well, everything!
All around me are familiar faces
Worn out places, Worn out faces
Bright and early for the daily races
Going no where, Going no where
Their tears are filling up their glasses
No expression, No expression
Hide my head I wanna drown my sorrow
No tomorrow, No tomorrow
And I find I kind of funny, I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which I’m dying are the best I’ve ever had
I find it hard to tell you, I find it hard to take
When people run in circles its a very, very
Mad world

Image Image
Wolfie_Barrow
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items

{1}

Postby Sappheara » 01/28/2010 2:39 AM

Hinto looked around the large Shrine, he was a little surprise that it was larger than him. Walking towards his destination, the Quarry Garagnir looked up at the ceiling amazed at the candle chandeliers hanging from it. He never seen anything like, it was rare for him to see something like this. Something was pulling him towards this direction, it a little out of his way, he didn't mind. Hinto saw a painting, it looked somewhat of an angel, he couldn't be sure. The Quarry Garagnir never had that kind of knowledge, he was more into science than he was in make believe and angels where make believe. Entering a large wood door, he looked around and saw three statues. Getting closer, the statues look like the gods of evelon. Hinto looked about the area, turning his head back to the right he saw a Headless Kunha.
Sappheara
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2169
Donate

Re: A fear of shadows {P}

Postby Wolfie_Barrow » 01/30/2010 3:36 AM

Patch turned slightly to look at the other people gathering around, and he noticed a Garagnir, who also seemed to have noticed him. He blinked, and all sorts of negative and frightening thoughts filled his head. What if it was a ghost? Or an assassin? Had he done something wrong? He hoped not. He'd only just arrived at the shrine, anyways, although perhaps he'd disturbed something while entering...

He shook his head. Silly, silly thoughts. Perhaps the Garagnir was also just a tourist, enjoying the, er, frightening display. Truly, they could have at least tried to make the figures appear a little bit more pleasant... And less, um, terrifying. And intimidating.

Patch wished he'd brought someone else with him, but he'd wanted to do something alone for once. Stupid dicision, he thought, mentally hitting himself in the head. He knew is own weaknesses. Coming by himself was very foolish...
No tomorrow, No tomorrow
Mad world

Image Image
Wolfie_Barrow
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items

{2}

Postby Sappheara » 01/31/2010 11:56 PM

Entering the large room filled with statues, as well as the candle chandeliers. The one thing he like about this room was that the ceiling has gold vine trimmings all around it, it looked magical. Hinto folded his wings close to his body, moving around the large stone columns in front of him. He made sure that he didn't crush or brake anything on his way towards the Headless Kuhna. He wasn't even sure what was pulling him towards the Kuhna, maybe the Headless Kuhna would be some strange journey. Hinto moved his head down towards the floor, making sure that he didn't hit his head on the top of the broken Column. The Kuhna was not to far ahead of him, he looked around Why am I here? This is not a place I like to be. thinking to himself. Hinto stopped in front of the Headless Kuhna, he tried to make himself smaller. The Quarry Garagnir know that their where Kuhna back at home, he never thought that they would be so small come paired to him. Hinto needed to get out more often. "Hello, little one." Hinto couldn't be sure, to him the Headless Kuhna looked scared.
Sappheara
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Re: A fear of shadows {P, me and Sappheara}

Postby Wolfie_Barrow » 02/01/2010 12:15 AM

Patch swallowed. "Er... h-hello... Umm... How are you on this evening?" He bit his lip and mentally hit himself- when he'd entered the shrine merely a few minutes before it had been early morning... If the Garagnir only meant to make a new friend or start up small chat, he would probably think the Headless Kuhna a fool.

He took a deep breath and tried to calm himself. "My name is Patch. What's your name?"

He felt so tiny standing next to the large creature. Like an ant, ready to be stepped on or smushed by someone's thumb. He hoped neither of those were going to happen, because he'd rather like to keep his life, thank you very much...
No tomorrow, No tomorrow
Mad world

Image Image
Wolfie_Barrow
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items

{3}

Postby Sappheara » 02/01/2010 11:29 PM

Hinto laughed when the Kuhna asked his first question. "I'm good but I can't say for sure" the Garagnir wasn't sure how he felt, if it was good or bad, he just knew that he felt very confused being here. Hinto step back a bit so he wouldn't over crowd Patch, he knew that the Kuhna was scared and Hinto wanted to make Patch feel comfortable as much as possible. "My name is Hinto" his large tail knocked over a wooden bench as he moved back. He looked back at the bench, Hinto could see that it was cracked in the center of the large bench. "Are you ok Patch?" The Quarry Garagnir tuck in his tail, he didn't want to brake anything else, he looked back at the Headless Kuhna.
Sappheara
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Wolfie_Barrow » 02/02/2010 11:28 AM

Danger Danger Danger Danger Danger Danger Danger Danger Danger Danger Danger Dander Danger Danger...

Patch swallowed hard, staring wide-eyed at the broken bench. "I- er- I'm fine," he squeaked. Fear could be his middle name. But it's John. Patch took a small step away from the Giragnir. This creature was so large, so dangerous... He surveyed the area to look for ways to escape.

Patch!

He stopped a blinked. Who's there? he asked in his head. He heard a small giggle.

This is your inner bravery.

Oh, I have one of those?

Yes.

Oh, ok. What was it you wanted to tell me again?

Stop trying to run away. You should make friends!

Surely his inner bravery was going insane. Right?
No tomorrow, No tomorrow
Mad world

Image Image
Wolfie_Barrow
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items

{4}

Postby Sappheara » 02/02/2010 10:21 PM

Hinto stepped back a little more, he know that he scared Patch when he broke the bench. The Garagnir could that the Headless Kuhna was trying to find the nearest  exit and that when he found it he would bolt out the door. "You shouldn't be afraid of me." Hinto looked around before he stretch is wings. "I will not hurt you." The Quarry Garagnir stepped back a couple of more steps. He just hope that Patch would be a little more conformable around him.
Sappheara
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Wolfie_Barrow » 02/03/2010 7:57 PM

Hinto was so large and dangerous... Patch shook his head and sighed. The voice in his head was right. He probably had nothing to fear.

Thank you!

Alright, now go away before I change my mind. I'm probably just going insane as it is.

Yes, but your craziness will aid you in the end...

And with that the voice disappeared entirely. Patch looked back up at the Garagnir and smiled weakly. "Sorry about that," he said. "I'm not used to people of your size..." Alright, that came out wrong. Hopefully Hinto wouldn't notice or something...
No tomorrow, No tomorrow
Mad world

Image Image
Wolfie_Barrow
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items

{5}

Postby Sappheara » 02/03/2010 9:17 PM

Hinto wasn't used to others as well, he never understood why anyone would gather together in one place. He understood the Headless Kuhna, for his size he had more people fear him than him being afraid of them. Hinto laughed at Patch's comment about his size "One thing bad about my size is that a lot of people fear me." The Quarry lifted his large left clawed hand and touch a statue of one of the Evelon gods. He looked back down at the Patch "May I ask what your doing here in this Shrine?" I don't even know what I'm doing here. Hinto just shook that thought away.
Sappheara
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Wolfie_Barrow » 02/15/2010 2:00 AM

"Sightseeing," Patch said. He stared up at the statues. "Curiosity. Oh, and my family wanted me to make some actual friends." He nodded and glanced at Hinto, giving him a brief smile. "I haven't left my house in a few years, so..."

It was a little embarrassing to admit that he was a loner, but telling personal stuff like that was normal when making friends, right? Or did you make friends and tell personal stuff later? He wasn't sure what to do, as he hadn't been around anyone other than his family in so long.

He took a deep breath and hoped for the best...

((short post, sorry!))
No tomorrow, No tomorrow
Mad world

Image Image
Wolfie_Barrow
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Celebrity Pet Tamer
Pets | Items

{6}

Postby Sappheara » 02/15/2010 10:48 PM

"Friends?" Friends would good to have. Maybe I should mak some friends as well, starting with Patch. Hinto smiled at that thought. How nice it would be to have someone like him and not be afraid of him. "Your families right about making some friends." he moved his clawed hand away from the statue. Stepping a little, Hinto looked back to make sure he didn't knock anything over. "Do you live around here?" he wasn't sure how to start the conversation. Unsure what to do next.
Sappheara
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

{7}

Postby Sappheara » 09/26/2010 2:23 AM

Hinto could see that the little Kuhna didn't want his friendship. He turned his large body around, knocking over all the wood benches down as he left the Shrine.
Sappheara
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate