A mysterious area, explorers tend to go missing and never return. A low fog constantly blankets the forest floor and strange sounds have been reported being heard during the day. Not much else is known about the forest. (+3 Speed, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Whisper Forest

Whispers Of The Night {P; Jobie & Sapph}

Postby Sappheara » 10/05/2010 1:11 AM

The afternoon sun was high in the sky, it couldn't be seen through the fog. The light grey fog make it look more like the sun was setting. The venom draculi ears started to twitch, as wind blow a cross the low level of the earth. It sounded like angry screams of the dieing. Dark purple paws landed in the moist dirt, the draculi didn't like the feel of the ground. Goosebumps formed across her arms and down her back. The gray fog made this place a bit chili, Carlynda didn't mind much. Lucky for the venom creature, she had a heavy thick fur. There were rumors that explorers would come here and would be lost forever. And the wind carried their dieing screams with it. She didn't know how much of it was true, so far, she believe it was so. The venom creature continue on her path, couple of feet a head she could see cold stream coming up from the ground. This place reminded Carlynda of a horror movie. All the diurnal creatures where out, doing their daily business. The draculi still had a hard time believing that it's early in the afternoon. She came out here to prove something to herself. To prove that she was as brave as any other. The beating wings of a bird made her jump, Carlynda screamed. Recovering from the scare, she looked around the thin fog. She wouldn't be surprise if Dracula or even a werewolf jumped out from behind a tree. One of her back paws stepped on a small stick. Well you stop! Your going to scare yourself to death. Scoffing at the idea, the draculi continue on her path. No noticing that she was walking by a bush, the low branch of bush nagged her tail, making her scream again. Feeling stupid for the second time of the day, she unsnagged her tail from the branch.

(If you wish to join, please PM me before replying to this thread.)
{1}
Sappheara
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2169
Donate

Re: Whispers Of The Night {Private}

Postby jobiehanna » 10/05/2010 9:43 PM

ImageImage
Ramsley was in the Whisper Forest, just kinda wondering around. He didn't really have a purpose, he just liked to be. That's what he was good at, just being. The wind around him battered his small body, making him rather cold. Shills swept through his body, making his fur stand on end. He clicked his teeth, making a loud echoing sound to go with the howling wind. It was amazing what clicking your teeth could do. It made things sound eerie, which was something he liked. He lived for terrorizing others.
The little patchbones continued to walk through the Whisper Forest, stopping occasionally to make a loud snapping sound. This was so much fun! He didn't know if any one was out there, but if they were they would hear him coming.
Ramsley was walking with a small plushie on his back. It bounced with every step, threatening to fall off. Amazingly it didn't, and he continued to walk. The calico plushe on his back was called Fish, a name he had picked randomly. Well, not entirely randomly. It had been when he was obsessed with fish. He also thought it would be neat to name a cat fish.
Anyway, there he was, walking, clicking his teeth, having a good old time when he saw a movement up ahead. He squinted his eyes, trying to see the image better. It looked like some kind of feline... he crept closer, closer... The next moment he was right behind the venom draculi. He opened his mouth and shut it quick and hard, making a very, very loud clacking sound that echoed through the forest. He jumped back so he wouldn't get hit and cackled. His cackle was loud and obnoxious like his clacking. The little calico, Fish, fell off and seemed to look happy.

And I was runnin' far away
Would I run off the world someday?
Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and
I was dancing in the rain
I felt alive and I can't complain

Sale Breed Thoughts Wishes Records Home
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4169
Donate

Postby Sappheara » 10/05/2010 11:10 PM

As Carlynda finished unsagging her tail, she heard the echos of a unusual sound. She couldn't tell what it was. Making her jump out of her own fur. Her heart started to beat faster and father, making her breathing unsteady. She couldn't tell which direction the sound was coming from. Carlynda hope it wasn't the undead of the explores that went missing couple years back. The rumors are true! The dead is going to get me! Taking a deep breath, she shook that stupid thought from her mind. Zombies weren't real, she watched way to many horror movies before she came out to the forest. She was trying to be brave, it fail miserably.

Carlynda slowly walked forward, her dark purple ears started to twitch. There were sounds of critters scurrying about the early afternoon. She tired her best to see what was head, the low laying gray fog, didn't make it easy. The weird sound was even closer than when she last heard it. Carlynda started to breath, once again. The venom creature started to think of the monsters from the horror films. Who in their right mind believe that Jason and Freddy Kugger was real? Movies are make believe right? It really didn't matter the draculi was afraid of her own shadow.

As something brush against her from the back, she jumped. Screaming at the top of her lungs. "Oh goodness, their here! They're going to get me!" She ran up a head, the low fog made it hard to see what exactly was in front of her. Carlynda stopped near a tree, almost hitting the tree truck. Ducking behind the tree, the venom creature peered out. She couldn't tell what it was through the gray fog. All Carlynda could see was silhouette of images, it was kind of hard for her to make out what everything was. "H-he-hello!?" Trying to sound brave, but it fail miserably. Sounding stupid to her own ears. Taking a deep breath, she tried again. "Hello! Who's out there?!
Sappheara
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 10/06/2010 10:54 PM

Ramsley was still rolling on the ground laughing, a literal ROFL moment. The patchbones was enjoying the moment, living in the moment. The reaction of the venom draculi was priceless, and he just couldn't help himself. This was the best scare he'd done in a while. Never had he seen a draculi move that fast. Well, to tell you the truth, he hadn't met any other draculi's. Other than the one at the Sanctuary, but he wasn't around much.
Ramsley soon recovered from his fit and sat upright. He sat on his rump, wind of like a dog would, and had his front legs similar to that of a dogs position as well. It was a kind of comical position for him, but comfortable. He looked around and clacked his teeth together again, thinking. Where did she go? He tilted his head to the side, looking. He couldn't see her, but wait, did someone just peak their head around that tree? Had she really made it that far so fast? Well, if she ever were in trouble, she would be able to get away quick.
The patchbones then stood up and looked for Fish. The calico plush was not far away. He picked it up in his jaws gently, careful not to tear it with his sharp teeth. Then he flung it over onto his back so it rested on his back, right behind his head. He wiggled a little bit, trying to find a comfortable position for the plush to rest it. Satisfied with the position, he began to trot toward the tree, a grin on his face. He clacked his teeth again, rubbing in the sound. It was amazing how afraid this creature was. Draculis were usually the trickster, weren't they? Maybe there was something wrong with her.
Ramsly tilted his head, his eyes staring blankly at her. He couldn't vocally communicate with words, only clanking. But he could use though-speech. By doing so he might freak her out even more, but that could be fun. He hadn't actually used words to speak in a while. This would make good practice. "Hello," he thought-said to her with another, this time a bit more friendly, smile. He lifted a paw to wave at her in greeting.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Sappheara » 10/10/2010 3:19 PM

She could heard strange laughter, what could be so funny? Carlynda moved away from the large tree trunk, she could make out the image up a head. The draculi couldn't name the specie right off, but seen one before. There was nothing funny out here in the gray fog. Has this creature lost his mind? Unsure what do or even say to him, she just continue to stare at him. That was stupid of me! I need to get myself together, nothing is going to happen to me. Taking a deep breath, she looked around the forest. Carlynda watched as the creature got up from where he was rolling on the ground and sat down.

The patchbone started to walk towards her, making her feel uncomfortable. What did he want with her? She looked around to see if she could escape. Shaking that stupid thought a side, she waited to see what he was going to do next. Could this guy be a killer? Carlynda started to shake at that thought. Her heart started to beat faster, and breathing was unsteady. The creature had something on his back, she couldn't make out what he was. Maybe she was going crazy, everyone that she knew told her, she was. Pushing that thought to the back of her mind. Carlynda didn't want to think about it anymore, she wasn't crazy, the venom creature was sacred of everything.

She didn't notice that the creature was closer than before. Carlynda was way to busy, lost in her own thoughts, that she didn't even pay attention to him. She jumped a little as he came into focus, hissing out a breath. The word hello enter her mind, making Carlynda looked around. Did that creature telecommunicate her in her mind? That was a bit a little freaky, she really didn't know how to respond. "Err... hello?' Carlynda backed up a couple of steps. If this guy could communicate through thoughts, what else could he do?
Sappheara
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 10/10/2010 4:07 PM

The patchbones lips curved into a kinda creepy looking smile as he watched the reaction of the draculi. She acted like she was terrified of him. There really was no reason to be so scared... well, maybe there was. He clanked his teeth and offered another loud clanking sound. He waited for her reaction, she would probably jump out of her skin again. The thought made Ramsley chuckle. It was so funny to see the draculi so scared.
"Hello," he said telepathically again in response to her greeting. "Whatcha doing out here all alone?" he asked her as he continued to stare. The little calico doll was still on his back, though it was teetering a little, threatening to slide off his side and onto the ground. Ramsley tilted his body the opposite way and Fish slid back to the middle of his back. Ramsley smiled, content.
As he stared at the venom creature he began to feel her discomfort. She didn't seem to like him much. Was she judging him so soon? Well, he didn't blame her, he had certainly terrified the poor thing. "Don't you like me?" he thought-asked her, tilting his head to the side.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Sappheara » 10/11/2010 8:49 PM

The Draculi did a double take, looking more closely at the patchbone. Was he smiling at her? Carlynda couldn't really tell, since he didn't have lips, he didn't really have any teeth, for that matter. As she looked even closer at his mouth, she could see that his teeth was built into his mouth or lips, if you wanted to call it lips. How odd to meet someone like him, all her life she meet people like her. People who had fur, white teeth, ears and lips. As the patchbone made a clicking sound and a second one, Carlynda jumped a little. "Can you please not do that."

He did it again, talking to her though their minds. The word hello poped into her mind once again. Didn't we already said hi? As she thought about it some more, the venom creature realize it wasn't a formal greeting. "Hi, my name is Carlynda," He's next question pop into her mind, making it feel weird. "I came out here to prove something to myself, that I'm not always scared." Sitting down, she started to play with the moist dirt. "I'm not as scared as others think. I'm tired of others telling me that I'm scared of my own shadow. I'm just a little paranoid." She wasn't little paranoid, she was a lot of paranoid.

The patchbone second question popped into her mind. How odd that someone can communicate like that. It felt like millions of little fingers were brushing and patting her mind. The feeling made Carlynda laugh out loud. Recovering of the laughter, she answered his question. "Don't I like you? I don't know you, to judge if I like you or not" So far he seemed nice, Carlynda had to wait and get to know him better before she could judge. The scurrying of the diurnal creatures made her jump a little. "You haven't given me your name."
Sappheara
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 10/16/2010 6:01 PM

Ramsley shook his head up and down, as if saying yes to her first request. He was sure it would slip and he'd snap his teeth together again. It was how he communicated with most others of his kind when they were around each other. It was fun to hear the loud noises. Regardless of what some people thought, it wasn't that easy to communicate through thought. It took a lot of effort to form the words into your mind and then send them into anothers. After a lot of practice, it was second nature, but if it wasn't done often enough... well, it was really hard. Lucky for the patchbones, that was the only was he could communicate with a handful of creatures (and his owner) whom he loved with.
With the way the draculi was carrying on, Ramsley got the impression that she was scared. A lot of creatures he knew babbled on when they were nervous or scared. He didn't really know what it was like to be nervous or afraid though. He was hard to scare as he was a creature of Halloween, the season of scaring. "It's okay to be a little paranoid, I suppose," he thought-said to her with another smile. "Though you seem a lot more than a little paranoid," he added in a teasing manner.
Her response to his last question seemed like a sensible answer to his question. Though it seemed like she was just dancing around the question. Oh well. He wasn't sure if he liked her either. She seemed like a scaredy-cat. He hoped there was more to her than her fears, or she would be a rather boring companion to have met. "Well, my name is Ramsley," he thought-told her. "And this is Fish," he added, pointing to the little doll on his back that looked like it was staring at the draculi.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Sappheara » 11/03/2010 9:31 PM

The Draculi smiled at Ramsley and than his little doll, Fish. She could hear small rodents running around behind her. An odd thought came to her. She just remember that it was Halloween, the day where demons, witches, ghost and anything that was demonic like came out. Carlynda played with the moist dirt before saying what was on her mind. "Do you recall the rumors of the missing explorers?" She stopped playing in the dirt. Looking up at Ramsely as she continued to speak. "The other reason I came out here was because I wanted to see if I can find the spirits of the explorers. There was this one rumor that in the 18th century, someone created a graveyard. The graveyard is rumored to be several miles to our right." Carlynda looked at Ramsley to see what his reaction would be.

(Sorry for a short post. My muse isn't working well.)
Sappheara
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 11/03/2010 9:42 PM

Ramsley offered a smile back, tilting his head to the side. The little doll moved slightly, threatening to fall off. Hmmm, a graveyard, he thought-said to her. That would be interesting. He looked around, wandering if she meant her right or his, as they were standing across from each other. Well, that would be interesting, especially if they got lost, or if they actually found some ghosts. He clacked his teeth quietly, expressing his interest. Let's do it, he though-said with excitement in his thought. Though he had never heard of the rumor, it would be fun to see if the rumor was true, especially on Halloween.

((That's fine, mine's a little short too.))

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Sappheara » 11/07/2010 10:30 PM

Carlynda realized that they were facing each other. Which right would it be? His right or my right? "I just realize that we are facing each other. So, I should of been more clear about which right." She let out an embarrassing laugh. "I believe it's your right." She smiled at Ramsley and his little doll Fish. I hope he doesn't think of me as a fool. Getting up from where she sat. Carlynda stretched out her legs and her body, she was getting ready for their little journey. The wind blow a cross back, giving her the chills. She could tell that the sun was slowing going. It wasn't like she could see it with the gray fog covering the sky. I was more like a cat's intuition.

Shrugging that thought a side. "It's looks or I should say feels like the sun will set in a couple of hours. We should get move now, so we know where we're going. I don't want to get lost out here." The wind blow a cross tree leafs and bushes making it sound like someone was following them. Carlynda jumped, a small scream out. "Oh, my goodness!" Recovering from her scare, the The Draculi looked at Ramsley. "I don't think I'm ever going to get over being scared." It was ok, she live as normal as can. As long as she tried her hardest to try and over come it. The fog was rapping itself around the two creatures, to seem like it was a live. Could it be? No it wasn't a live, or Carlynda hoped it wasn't.
Sappheara
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 11/12/2010 10:58 PM

Ramsley smiled at her little indecision. Not that it was funny, but it was, in a cute feline kind of way. He looked to his right and saw trees shrouded by the fog. Vines hung from some of the branches, giving the impression that there were arms reaching out to grab at you. His mouth curled into a smile. Those vines make it look like they're arms reaching out to grab us, he thought-said to Carlynda.
As he stretched his legs a bit, his companion let out a scream, which startled the patchbones. He looked her direction and say that she looked a bit embarrassed. Poor thing... It's alright, he thought said, then added a smile. Well, let's get going, he said and began to walk to the right. Little Fish bounced with every-step he took. The little plushie looked like it was enjoying itself, but everyone knows that plushies don't have feelings.
As they walked further the fog continued to work its way between the creatures to the point that Ramsley could barely see Carlynda though they were only a few feet apart. As he walked, the patchbones decided it was best to walk a little closer so that he could see her. If he couldn't see her, then he might get lost, though he wouldn't mind getting lost, it would just bring more adventure.

((Sorry for the wait... :/ I forgot that it was my turn to post. I was wondering why you weren't replying. XD))

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Sappheara » 11/14/2010 10:50 PM

Carlynda squinted her eyes, she could barely see what was in front of her. "It's getting hard to see as time passes." There were critters running around the forest, making the Venom creature nerves. There's nothing out here that will harm us. She keep telling herself that. You can never tell, especially out in the middle of nowhere. She wasn't sure what to say, they never really had a full conversation. "So... Do you have hobby of short?" Carlynda looked behind her to see if Ramsley was close. He was, from what she could see, it looked like the little doll would fall off his back. Or maybe she was imaging it. She was enjoying the company of other.
Sappheara
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 11/22/2010 9:48 PM

It is, the patchbones replied, agreeing with his companion. He was getting used to the thick fog, but it was thick, really thick. Suddenly a thought occurred to him... hmmm... it could work. A little fun couldn't hurt anybody.
Instead of answering the venom creature, he disappeared into the fog, keeping an eye on her. Ramsley gave the draculi a little time to realize he was gone. Fish was still on his back and it seemed to be watching the other as well.
After waiting a good amount of time and allowing time for Carlynda to imagine things and get scared, Ramsley jumped out of the fog in front of her and clanked his teeth together. He could almost see he fur standing on end, but he wasn't sure. A large smile spread across his face. Can't let this whole thing get too boring with idle chit-chat, he thought-said to her.

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Sappheara » 11/28/2010 5:09 PM

Boring? Idle chit chat? Ramsley thought talking was boring? The Doom Kitty did not know what to say to that. Ok, what were they supposed to do for the mean time? Carlynda took a deep breath in before she turned to see if the Patchbones was near. She couldn't see him anywhere, he just talk to her. Where can he be? Her heart started to be faster, it felt like her heart was going to come out of her chest. She looked around frantically. "Ramsley! Where are you?!" What if someone kidnapped him? That didn't make scene they were the only ones out here. Or were they? "Ramsely if you can hear me say something!" Carlynda walked in a large circle trying to find some kind of clue, she couldn't find any. "Oh goodness, where can he be?"

(I apologized about the late reply. Me muse has failed me once again.)
Sappheara
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Next