A very strange place indeed, this Shrine to the Holy Triumvirate is nestled within the icy peaks of the Fe'gan Mountains. You will find the warmth of spirituality here, together with works of great sculptural design based on the Holy Triumvirate religion. (+2 Fame)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Basantha Shrine

Re: Undead Rising |part one| Private

Postby Feint » 03/31/2010 9:56 PM

Kath easily caught the bullets before her brain registered they'd been thrown in her direction. A cold feeling of offense trickled down from something in her ribcage; what was this girl trying to tell her? That she wasn't a good gunner? That her darling beloved uzis, whom she'd almost had the affection to name, couldn't stand up to that ungainly rifle strapped to her back? Kath narrowed her eyes suspiciously. If she didn't accept this "gift," if that's what it really was, what would happen then? Would this girl leave, to go and shiver to death in this infernal cold with only half a shirt on? Kath mentally laughed at herself. What a stretch. She was tempted to hurl the damn things right back, but stuffed the ammo in her back pocket instead. Resource over rage. "I think I can handle it, thank you," she said with a charming grin, her tone barely hinting at a warning not to cross her, so subtle that only another woman could pick it up. Anyone else would just see a cheery girl cheerily accepting a cheerily-given gift. She turned her face away from Neon to hide her scowl, and in doing so, eyed Neon's shoddy "gift" to Archie. What will that do? she wondered, and felt maybe he'd appreciate something more his size. He looked living and harmless enough, and her camp wasn't getting any safer. "Archie, right? Say, if you guys can help me get back at my camp, I've got a rocket launcher with your name on it," she said, and glanced around at everyone's faces in her usual shifty way. She would wait and see if he was interested before she mentioned how heavily it was being guarded. Hopefully, if the greed of wanting such a powerful weapon in his hands got a big enough start in his mind, by the time she mentioned the zombies, fear wouldn't evaporate it. Pity she'd have to lend him her launcher, but she couldn't work it herself with her attention-demanding uzis, and it would be more than useful to them all.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1254
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 04/01/2010 2:13 PM

Archie caught the disk with one hand as if it were a frisbee, turning his wrist to bring it in for a closer look. He had never seen something like this outside a land mine, but the device lacked the pressure-sensative trigger that would explode on impact like a typical mine would. He looked to Neon for further explination.

"Did he say what kind of weapon it is?" he asked, not sure if she would know or be willing to tell him. The way she spoke he had to assume whoever "he" was had been caught in the zombie outbreak, or had not managed to make it as far as she did. "I bet I can fix it if I know how he meant for it to work." He continued to inspect the thing, turning it over in his hands carefully. It probably lacked a charge or maybe a primer, both of which he could easily make from what supplies he had brought with him.

Then the other (scarier looking) woman said something about a rocket launcher, which immidiatly perked his interest. He had always wanted to get his hands on one of those if only to find out how to build his own. One of the few explosive weapons he had never been able to figure out, rocket launchers. Of course, she had said "help me get my camp back" which implied that her camp had been invaded. Probably by the zombies. Wonderful. He would have hated to cross those things again, having avoided doing so almost since his first encounter near his former home, but the rocket launcer...

He stared at Kath, indicisive and hoping he did not seem rude in doing so. She might just shoot him for all he knew.

Boys and girls of every age
Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

HomeRambleLoveDreamRecord
Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1052
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 04/05/2010 9:01 AM

Sam watched Neon closely, and followed her interaction with Archie and Kath.
She was curious on what kind of ...frisbee-bomb-thing that was, but she would let
the expert in this go figure it out. Much more interisting was the behavior of Kath.
Being a woman herself, she could emidiatly sense the slight threat in her voice,
this could get interisting later. Her ears perked up alarmed when Kath said something
about 'getting her camp back'. This ment that she setteled somewhere arround here
(at least most likely not too far away) and that there maybe where some usefull things
there, and more shelter. On the other hand, it also ment that they would have to get
it back, and she already could see a horde of the undead skittering arround the place.
not good...but maybe if they all stuck and worked together? If there where zombies arround,
it wouldnt make much of a difference if they went to an invaded camp or just stood here,
since they where such a big and...well loud group, that it was only a matter of time
untill those things noticed them standing in the snow.
"you said 'get the camp back' " she said with a sceptic undertone. "then, just how badly
is it invaded? "
She for her part would help her, just to have a more safe and hopefully
more strategic place to stay, as soon as the...undead where cleared of the place.
But only if there actually was a real chance for them to really get it back. She was not too
eager to endager her life for an forlon kamikaze mission, just because the woman wanted her
little plaything back...
-3-
Cannot say, I'm breaking the rules
If I can glue em back together.

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 672
Donate

Postby Feint » 04/05/2010 11:15 PM

Kath felt herself frowning. Geez, the man hadn't even given her a definite answer yet and they were already questioning her. "For the record, I said 'get back at' my camp, not 'take it back from swarming hordes,'" she corrected, none too politely. "That said, it is being guarded (or I wouldn't be here right now), and I could use some help," she relented, eyes going shifty. "It's too heavy for one, but several shouldn't have a problem from what I've gathered over the last week or so. Those damn things move fast," she said, rolling her eyes and loosing an irritated sigh. Things that wouldn't lay down and die in the path of her uzi fire really struck a nerve with her. All things her uzis saw should die when they wanted them to.

"I have food and bandages there, and some clothes," she added, glancing at half-dressed Neon. "Does any of that appeal?"

My wraiths, though not wraiths then, wandered deep into the heart of the polar storm. They tried to fight sleep, naive to the inevitability of their fate. When they awoke, they saw before them my own self, so much a part of the ice and cold they almost fail to see me. I wear a crown of the coldest, sturdiest ice, and my claws and fur have coated themselves in it.
I stand aloof to the cold, for I have lived in it so long, been a part of it so long, it no longer concerns me.

My wraiths are cursed to wander the polar tundra, eternally freezing, following mortal explorers and trying to warn them with their presence that they should not travel onward, should not make the same mistake. But there will always be those who persist in pressing on, never knowing what they are doomed to face, or destined to suffer.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1254
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 04/10/2010 6:06 PM

(sorry, but i really want to get the first 5 posts done,
since I'd like to start another RP... So I'll split this short post in two
please dont kill me ^^'')

Sams ear's twitched back, a shure sign of anger, but she grinned a perfect
cheshire grin. "well, I figured that you're not crippeled or something,
so I guessed, unless you got lost in the oh so confusing enviroment, that 'getting back at'
was equal to 'taking it back.' ...forgive my anticipation."
Her tone was
dry, but had a amused undertone to it. //you dont scare me, gun girl//
Oh, this could get quite interisting...

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ShadowStitches » 04/12/2010 4:44 PM

"To get back to the actuall Issue" she shifted slightly, eyeing  Kath
"I for my part am willing to help you...food does sound good after all.
that is, if anyone else comes with us?"
She certanly would keep with the bigger part of
the group. that proved to be the best tactic, and, as tampting as food and a camp was,
she certanly wouldnt risk her life for something as banal as this...

Zoo Pen Wishlist
ShadowStitches
Celebrity Veteran
Celebrity Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Azura Rayume » 04/13/2010 8:44 AM

Archie sighed, his want for the rocket launcher getting the best of him. The guys back home might stangle him if the found out he had a chance to get his hands on one and he just let it slip by. That it, if there were any "guys back home" left to strangle him when this was all over. Well, Bruce was probably still there; that guy was resistant to just about everything, and Archie had no reason to believe the zombie virus would be any different. Something to do with his DNA.

Whatever. He didn't have time to think about them now, nor the brain power to worry about them and make it through this at the same time. He was going, so he had to concentrate on the task at hand.

"I'll go," he muttered, trying his best to ignore the threat of zombies and think about the rocket launcher and the mysterious device in his hands. He surely wanted to figure that out as well, but the launcher proved just as promising as a weapon created by someone who couldn't quite get it to work. He wished Neon would tell him something about the creator, specifically what he had meant it for, but she hadn't said anything yet.

Boys and girls of every age
Wouldn't you like to see
Something Strange?

HomeRambleLoveDreamRecord
Azura Rayume
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1052
Donate

Postby Wyndhail » 04/13/2010 3:57 PM

Noah eyed that mysterious weapon-ish-thing that Archie had just received with a bit of curiosity. Evidently it needed to be fixed or- more accurately- be modified in order to work, though he wasn't sure exactly what it would do if it did get completed. While he didn't know Archie other than the brief introduction he had given, it did seem like he would be more than capable of fixing it. And then there was the rocket launcher, which had definite appeal and would be quite useful in the event of a swarming horde of flesh-eating zombies. This, of course, was going to arise sometime in the future, and while he wasn't looking forward to it exactly, it had to be dealt with.

That, of course, was in Kath's camp. Getting things that were there definitely seemed worthwhile for several reasons, including the bandages. After all, (while it seemed like it) Noah didn't have some kind of neverending bandage supply. He wouldn't want to run out or anything like that, though nobody seemed to be writhing about in pain at the moment. The zombies were an obvious issue, and while the very thought of them bothered him a little it, too, had to be done. He didn't think he'd be torn apart, though. Noah was a rather careful person.

But speaking of Kath, her personality seemed to be the most obvious of the group, and besides that there was some kind of evident dislike between her and Sam already. There was also distaste directed at him a bit by her too, but Noah was completely oblivious to that. It wasn't obvious, after all, and they had only just met. ... Well, semi-met, because he hadn't even spoken to her just yet. He realized he was keeping quite to himself up until this point. He might as well speak up to show that he didn't have a problem with heading over to that camp of theirs. The medic looked over at Kath, who was currently explaining the difference between taking back her camp and taking it from swarming hordes. Hopefully it wouldn't be a swarming horde. 'Swarming' was nothing near a pleasant word. 'Horde' is bad enough, but 'swarming'? Still, she had reiterated enough that it wasn't exactly swarming.

"I'll come with you." He debated between tacking on an 'if that's alright' or leaving it at that, and it was obvious what he chose considering that a medical presence was probably some kind of valuable.
get a little closer, let fold
cut open my sternum, and pull
my little ribs around you
the lungs of me be crowns over you
get a little closer, let fold
cut open my sternum, and pull
my little ribs around you
the rungs of me be under, under you

ill cut the soft pockets, let bleed
over the rocky cliffs that you leave
to peer over and not forget what feet are
splitting threads of lightning over me

"Fineshrine" by Purity Ring

zoo pen sales
Wyndhail
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 222
Donate

Postby jackie125 » 04/13/2010 5:16 PM

It seemed that no one had noticed me. I not that short, but still. Right now food and drink sounded amazing to me, but getting it from zombies did not. Also I didn't have anything that would have any effect on a zombie."Um...I don't have a... well anything? Does anyone have some sort of weapon I could use? Ah...what the heck, I'll go, but I still want a pole or something at least.Any way when are you guys planning to try and raid the camp?"I kind of felt ignored that no one had given me a weapon, but on the other hand they might not think he needs one. After all, I am just a spy. I would feel a little better if I had something though. The last thing I wanted to do was walk in to a bunch of zombies unarmed, But I wanted the food, and clothes so bad. "Where is this camp of yours, Kath? Is it far or close? I really feel like beating some zombies!"
jackie125
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 47
Donate

Previous