These woods are nice for a casual walk or even if you have a more adventurous urge. Bubbling hot springs lie just around the bend, fruits can be found to suit every taste bud, and rumor has it there are talking Tali who can speak Lambastian! (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Roraldi Forests

The Perfect Christmas Tree [Open to all! Please Come!]

Postby xLavenderKisses » 12/16/2010 5:08 AM

ImageImage

Winter was finally here. Excitement buzzed everywhere; humans and creatures alike were readying themselves for the festivities. Everyone was in their Christmas finery; heads sporting Santa hats could be seen everywhere, and red and green sweaters were present as well.

It was a busy time of the year. Presents were wrapped, houses were decorated, cards were written, and corals were sung. It seemed as if they were all too caught up in making this Christmas perfect that they lost sight of what Christmas was really all about; everyone joining together as a community - a family - and making wonderful memories together. That's what really makes everything perfect.

A young Lucain by the name of Sparkulz was on a quest, a quest to find and decorate the biggest, and most beautiful Christmas tree ever, in the whole history of Christmas trees. He knew it wouldn't be possible without the help of his friends. A few days before, he had come out into the Forest looking for the perfect tree. He did find one.

He turned around and grinned widely, "Now, everyone. What are we waiting for! Get those ornaments on the branches! Make it beautiful! And get others to come, too!"

ImageImage

[ image of big christmas tree here ]

ImageImage

The idea of this RP is that you bring one of your creatures in with a decoration for the Christmas tree and decorate the tree! This can be anything ranging from normal ornaments and popcorn strings to glitter and snowflakes!
After Christmas is done with, I'll take the descriptions from your post and draw them all onto a Christmas tree and we'll have a beautiful Christmas tree that everyone participated to create!
So, please be descriptive, or it'll be hard when time comes for me to draw. P:
Feel free to draw your own decoration, and I'll just add it onto the tree instead of drawing it.
Spread the word!

Someone please help me think of a better name for this thread. |:

ImageImage

Decorations on the tree ~

haunting-ur-nightmares :: 1960's British Police Box
Soriana :: Tall Ship Ornament
Freezair :: Wrapped Gingerbread Pig, Snowman Ornament, Popcorn Garland
kabuto_rocks :: Blue Glass Ornament
Zoophilos :: Wreath
jobiehanna :: Red and White Peppermint Candy Canes
Celtic :: Glitter covered bird
Rainpelt :: Blue glass ornaments with silver ribbons, Clear ornament with a bird feather inside
Kat-Wolf :: Glass Turkezilla
jackie125 :: a penguin wearing a orange and red scarf

ImageImage

Dividers made by Rebecca

ImageImage
xLavenderKisses
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 54
Donate

Re: The Perfect Christmas Tree [Open to all! Please Come!]

Postby HunnyBun » 12/16/2010 5:24 AM

A strange little man, accompanied by an even stranger girl, walked up to the tree. The man played a recorder and the songs he was playing were all Christmas-y. First there was Jingle Bells, then O Come All Ye Faithful, the girl hummed and danced behind him. She held in her hands a box, what was inside it was a mystery. But the two of them seemed to be so happy and cheerful as they approached.
The girl walked up to the sparkly rainbow Lucain and smiled sweetly, as the little man walked round and round the tree still playing songs.
"We heard you are decorating a tree in the spirit of Christmas, and well, the Doctor and I couldn't pass up on this." She said, holding the box out.
She opened it, and inside was a strange ornament. Shaped like a 1960's British Police box, it seemed to vibrate slightly as if it had a hidden power source. And the girl clicked a button on the bottom that caused it to make a weird whooshing sound. She smiled again.
"The Doctor says to take care of it, it's more important than you think it is."
With that she took it over to the tree and found a nice branch in the middle to place it. Then danced around the tree with the Doctor as he still played on.
(( click pets for human forms ))

We're waiting every night
To finally roam and invite
Newcomers to play with us
For many years we've been all alone

.: ~Pen~ :.
.: ~Sales~ :.
.: ~Breeder~ :.
.: ~Imp. Doc~ :.
HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 263
Donate

Postby Soriana » 12/16/2010 7:45 AM

Cornelia had arrived early that day, having flown to Roraldi on a gust of wind which she herself had conjured. As she listened to Sparkulz say his piece 'neath the Christmas tree, her festive contribution--an ornament in the shape of a tall ship--floated conveniently beside her, occasionally bobbing up and down. When he gave the cue to start, she arose and silently commanded the ornament to follow her. "Heya, Sparkulz," she addressed the lucain playfully. "This was some idea."

She smiled gleefully as she found the perfect place for her gift after only moments of searching--towards the front of the tree (or the part that people were looking at the most) and off to the right a little. It was too high for her to reach, so she summoned the air to her, and she began to rise. Cornelia grabbed onto the string of the ornament with her teeth, and placed it on the sturdiest branch that was readily visible. Unfortunately, she seemed to have forgotten about the fact that she was hovering several feet above the ground, and that lapse of concentration caused the cushion of air to dissipate, and the young woman tumbled to the ground. The landing, expectedly, was not graceful. Dusting herself off, she commented, "Well, at least I got it up there in one piece."

[1]

(I think the thread title's fine the way it is, but if I had to recommend anything, it'd be the lyrics from this song. It sounds like it might fit the situation you've got with your parents and the fact that you've never properly celebrated Christmas. It's also my favorite contemporary Christmas tune, if you were wondering. ;3 Oh! Here's some more ref pics for the ornament: xxxx.)

The King beneath the mountains,
The King of carven stone,
The lord of silver fountains
Shall come into his own!

His crown shall be upholden,
His harp shall be restrung,
His halls shall echo golden
To songs of yore re-sung.

The streams shall run in gladness,
The lakes shall shine and burn,
All sorrow fail and sadness
At the Mountain-king's return!

one two three four five
Soriana
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 216
Donate

Postby Freezair » 12/16/2010 12:08 PM

It wasn't that Suki didn't love the Dashalls. Well, not straightforwardly, anyway. Her love for them was a bit twisty and contorted, for while they were her family, they were also her employers. And though she had a job, it wasn't really her favorite one. So going to their Christmas shindig was a bit like spending Christmas at work, and who wanted to do that, and anyway, the children deserved a better Christmas than that one.

In human form, Aiden and Piper rode on her back, clutching their two favorite toys, as they always did. Suki had only on a scarf, and being a large, warm Paragon, she wore it mostly for fashion. But the children were bundled up, and trying their best to look excited even as they were sleepy.

Each of them had their own ornament, and Suki dearly hoped they weren't breaking some sort of rule about them. Suki's own ornament was a gingerbread cookie--a real one, wrapped up in clear plastic that could be unwrapped when Christmas was over and it was time to eat it--that, instead of being in the shape of a man, was in the shape of a pig! It had a big round body and a smaller round head, with little triangles for its ears and all its arms and legs, and a little icing nose with two shiny black licorice eyes. The red ribbon hung through the top gave it a place to hang up.

Piper had picked out a cute ornament featuring a cute snowman character, while Aiden had chosen to bring a homemade popcorn garland. With that and Suki's cookie, this was going to be a tasty tree when they were done!

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby kabuto_rocks » 12/16/2010 1:17 PM

What a funny little world this was.

A smile lit the Kuhna's face as he gazed upon the scene. He hadn't meant to stop, but when he had seen just what was going on he hadn't been able to stop himself. These Evelonians and their winter traditions. It was amazing how quickly the time of year could affect people's attitude. It was a wonderful thing though, to see so much goodwill. It almost made him wish he didn't have to keep on drifting, that he could stay a while...

Well, there was nothing to stop him staying now. He might as well help out these people, especially since they had done an excellent job of cheering him up. Flipping his red and orange scarf over his shoulder, he wandered over with a cheery grin.

"Hello everyone!" He nodded a greeting, not even the slightest bit apprehensive of any strangers. Glancing up at the tree, he beamed in approval, "Wonderful choice. That might be the biggest tree I've ever seen, and that's saying something." Rummaging around, he hesitated for a moment.

"Hang on, give me a second...Aha! Here it is. Thought I had one of these lying around." Looking a bit sheepish, he pulled a largish ornament out of his bag. It was fairly plain but quite pretty, a fragile glass bauble separated into mosaic squares. It was a bright blue in colour that glowed in the light, and a clear white star was visible on one side. He had always loved that bauble. Reminded him of his travelling days, when he'd been free to go wherever he wanted. He was sad to see it go, but no matter. It was a noble cause and he was proud to donate it.

Carefully stringing it up, he placed it on a solid looking branch.
"There we are. Wouldn't want it to break now."

{Posts: 4/5, 59, L11}
kabuto_rocks
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 217
Donate

Postby Zoophilos » 12/16/2010 5:19 PM

There was quite a troop marching to Roraldi Forest.  The news of an Evelon-wide Christmas tree decorating had reached the Jonisons, and Audrey had decided that with Christmas being such an important holiday to their family, this was definitely something they should participate in.  She had gathered all her brothers and sisters to create a large wreath for the tree.  Each person contributed something to the wreath.
       Audrey had started it, winding and weaving branches with each others into a circle two feet in diameter, then weaving flexible twigs with holly berries all through the main branches.  Then Tommy clumsily glued little golden star cutouts all over it, and also sprinkled on it a generous portion of glitter - green, blue, purple, red, and gold.  Sherry tied golden bow ties randomly around the wreath.  Eric added red bows with holly leaves tied in them.  Whitney took several strips of red and green striped ribbon, wound them through the wreath, making them culminate at the top into a large ruffled bow.  Aaron decided to add more green to the wreath by weaving pine sprigs into it.  Jason took a giant golden cutout star, and placed it right in the middle of Whitney's bow on the top, so it was surrounded by the ruffles of the bow.  Finally, Eric decided to stick in a few bone-shaped dog treats, as their pets' contribution to the wreath.
       With the big wreath finished, the whole troop of siblings, except Tommy who wanted to stay home, took it to Roraldi forest, as their contribution to the Christmas tree.  Night-tale had the honor of carrying it, prancing happily and delicately down the road, and somehow got several of her own shiny black wing feathers stuck into the wreath as she did so.  Jason hung it up as high on the tree as he could reach, on two sturdy branches close together.  They admired their handiwork for a moment.  Then Jason called out to the other people that had also come to decorate the tree, "Who's up for some hot cocao!?  Break out the mugs, Audrey!"

(Hope that's enough description for ya!)
An evildoer forgiven and saved by Jesus' sacrifice.

I know I'm not on as often as some of you; I spend most of my time at other websites. But if I get in a RP with you, I'll do my best to be sure respond quickly!Image
Zoo Pen My wishy-washy wishlist, for what it's worth
Zoophilos
You ARE persistent, aren't you?
You ARE persistent, aren't you?
Pets | Items
Keystones: 21
Donate

Postby xLavenderKisses » 12/16/2010 8:15 PM

Sparkulz grinned happily while he greeted the many creature of all sorts coming to put a decorations - a piece of themselves - onto the tree. He wasn't sure if his message had gotten out, but the crowd proved that it did.

The many ornaments people were bringing were amazing. There were all sorts of wacky things that he would never of have thought of to put on a Christmas tree, though the effect did turn out great. He had gone to fetch a few treats for the decorators and he appeared again dragging a sled piled with assorted cookies and other snacks. There was even a few tanks of piping hot chocolate and apple cider.

"Thanks everyone! It's looking amazing! Come over and have something to eat!"

Sparkulz was really happy; this is what he'd always imagined Christmas to be like.
Zoo PenDragon CaveLaviee Art
Midnight StarWishlistTumblr Blog

Haaaaa. You got blinded. Durrrrrr.
xLavenderKisses
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby HunnyBun » 12/16/2010 8:24 PM

The Doctor, at the moment he smelt the hot chocolate, stopped his playing and walked over. His expression showed he really wanted something. The girl chuckled, just a funny site to see a grown man act so childish.
"You want a cookie?" She asked, walking over to the sled.
The Doctor didn't reply, his mouth covered by his cup as he chugged the sweet liquid down. He stopped and looked to her, a questionable expression.
"Hm? What did you say?"
"A cookie?" She repeated, pointing to them.
"Oh yes Zell, if you would." He replied, smiling.
He poured his self another cup and started to drink it.

We're waiting every night
To finally roam and invite
Newcomers to play with us
For many years we've been all alone

.: ~Pen~ :.
.: ~Sales~ :.
.: ~Breeder~ :.
.: ~Imp. Doc~ :.
HunnyBun
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 263
Donate

Postby Freezair » 12/16/2010 9:43 PM

"COOKIES!" Aiden climbed down off Suki perkily, and looked toward the sleigh. "Can I have one? Pllllease, Auntie Suki?"

"You may each have one," Suki said, gently stern. "We haven't had a proper dinner yet, and I don't want you to spoil it. You may have some drinks, too."

Aiden and Piper poured one another drinks, being very careful not to spill on their precious plushies. Piper offered her Si'hana doll a bit of her cookie before biting into it herself. The plushie, apparently, was eating the cookie's essence. She then spied some cheese and crackers, and she and Aiden assembled little sandwiches out of them.

Suki absorbed the rest of the scene with a serene grin.

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 12/16/2010 9:55 PM

When Kandi heard about the Christmas tree, she just had to be there! She loved the holidays, and loved decorating trees, it was so much fun! Especially when she got to meet new people. The young girl approached the tree with a box of candy canes in her hand. They were her favorite treat, and looked great on a tree with all the lights and what-not. The candy canes were peppermint flavored, red and white striped. She reached the tree and ripped the plastic wrapper off, throwing it to the ground. She'd pick it up later. She took each candy cane out and placed them all over the tree. When she ahd placed the last candy cane she stood back and looked at what she had done. "Perfect," she said with a smile. Then she bent down an picked the plastic wrapper up. No one likes a little bug. She had a little trouble finding a garbage can, so she just shoved the wrap in her pocket. It didn't bulge much, as it was small and squished easily. Then the girl bounded over to the table of treats, excited. "Yum," she said, taking a cookie. She bit into the cookie, chewing it. It was good. "Yum...," she repeated.

And I was runnin' far away
Would I run off the world someday?
Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and
I was dancing in the rain
I felt alive and I can't complain

Sale Breed Thoughts Wishes Records Home
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4169
Donate

Postby Celtic » 12/17/2010 6:03 PM

[insert fuyuu lubshi picture laterz]
((So I've managed to lose this post three times already. So I'm sorry if it sucks XD))

Kiki was apparently a disgrace to Celtic because she didn't know what Christmas was all about. Sure, it was some religious holiday of gifts, no big deal right? WRONG. Apparently, Celtic was such a Christmas maniac the entire household spent two weeks decorating the house to her liking. Now everywhere she turned there was some form of Holiday decor. And still, Kiki didn't understand this.... This custom! Surely it was not Evelonian, right? Wrong. Again.
That was when Tommy got the bright idea of this lovely party. She had heard about it through the grapevine and therefore it was decided their little alien was going to it. No questions asked. Not that she really had any problem with it, she just... Was a little scared, nervous and anxious. What if she did something not allowed at this custom and everyone hated her? What if.... Oh so many things could go wrong. Kiki was just so used to the customs of her people being so strict and everything planned out word for word that since she couldn't read about how exactly this custom was performed (she hasn't figured out the computer yet) Kiki was psyching herself out.
Oh. But that's not even getting to the tree part.
Apparently, at Christmas time, you decorate a tree. A TREE! For Xu'hai's sake, why do they decorate a tree? Plus, HOW do you decorate a tree? At this time of year they have no leaves! So you can't very well paint them, can you?! Its crazy. Insane even. Not to mention she had this little birdy covered in glitter to place on the tree. How do you do that even? Its not like it's going to root itself to the tree, it can't! Its DEAD! How in the world would it stay? D8;
Obviously, this practice takes much skill.
A skill that was currently being demonstrated by many people when the little lubshi walked into the room. D= There were lots of people, all decorating the tree! And their ornaments were staying! =o Kiki instantly moved to a corner, took out her notepad and began writing those strange symbols that seemed to be her language. Weirdo >.>

After taking notes for a while, Kiki kinda ran out of things to write-regretfully. She did not want to put that little birdy on that tree because a) she was waaaaay too tiny for this and b) she didn't have a clue how to! She'd been trying to figure it out all this time, but... It just wasn't happening. The ornaments already on the tree seemed to be hanging by threads! Which must have been miracle threads because they didn't break, not even on the larger ones!
Kiki sighed. If she was going to learn all about this culture, she was going to have to participate and actually see how things worked. Thankfully though, just as she was about to go to the tree, a... D: Kiki winced. Her eyes felt like they were dying with him just being in her perephreal vision. Oh god. He looked like someone had barfs colors on him. It was so bright DX Hopefully he wouldn't say anythign to her. Dear god, he better not.
Anyways! He called for cookies, and people went running, meaning she could figure this out on her own! Kiki set her notepad down into a safe tucked away place in her corner, picked up the bird (that was shedding glitter all over her) and waddled as only Lubshi can over to the lowest branches of the tree.
Then she looked at her ornament, and to the tree, then back to the ornament. Back to the tree. How was she supposed to do this?!So Kiki set it on a branch, and it immediately slid off. Kiki tried a different branch, it slid off. This was repeated and repeated again and again and finally, the little thing threw the birdie on the ground and nearly left it lying there, lopsided and lonesome. But Kiki took one look at it and couldn't do it. Poor thing. It may have never been alive, but she still felt bad leaving it there looking like that. So she upright it, placed it close to another thing on the bottom of the tree and fled back to her notebook, leaving the poor little ornament on the floor.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's
in love and flowers pick themselves

- e. e. cummings

[ Z o o P e n ][ W i s h l i s t ]
Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 199
Donate

Postby Freezair » 12/17/2010 8:25 PM

Leaning over the procession, Suki noticed the little glitter bird, lying dejected on the floor. She strung one delicate claw through the loop up top and lifted it by its string. What a pretty little ornament! Why did it fall? She followed the trail of the one who dropped it and called out. "Oh! Excuse me! You dropped this!" She held it up, letting it sparkle. "Don't you want to make sure it gets on the tree...? Aiden, leave those candy canes alone!"

The little boy stopped in his tracks. "They're not our ornaments, anyway. You had a cookie, too." Aiden flumped down in the snow.

"Aww, Auntie Suki..."

With a mouthful of crumbs, Piper asked, "Huh? Wath' goin' on?"

I'm so fly

It's so strange

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 12/17/2010 8:48 PM

After finishing her cookie Kandi turned to look back at the tree. It was so pretty! She couldn't wait to see it after it was all decorated. A smile crossed her lips, despite the cold. How she loved the holidays! She then noticed the little boy going after one of her candy canes. Aw, maybe she'd take one off and give it to him. She pretty much bounded over to the tree and pulled one off for the little boy. But before she handed it to him she figured she'd better ask the paragon that seemed to be watching over him. She walked up to her, candy cane in hand, and asked, "Um, ma'am, I noticed that that little boy was going after the candy canes I hung on the tree... I was wondering if I could give him one? He seems really interested. But if you don't want me to, I won't, 'cause I know how little kids are with candy, but being it's Christmas time an' all, wouldn't it be nice for him to have one, as a little Christmas treat to spread some holiday cheer?" Okay, so she was rambling, something that she was quite good at. She cut herself off at the last part, cheeks blushing redder than they already were from the cold.

And I was runnin' far away
Would I run off the world someday?
Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and
I was dancing in the rain
I felt alive and I can't complain

Sale Breed Thoughts Wishes Records Home
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4169
Donate

Postby xLavenderKisses » 12/17/2010 11:53 PM

Sparkulz watched the little ones play with a grin on his face. Little children made him want to play and eat candy all day again, not that he didn't already. Every time someone came up to the sleigh for a bite to eat, he offered a cup of hot beverage and smiled his biggest. "Thank you for helping, have a hot chocolate! Merry Christmas!"

When the crowd of people coming for food thinned a bit, he turned to the sack on the sleigh. In it were boxes of presents for the people who came. Santa couldn't prepare one for everyone of course, but he tries his best. Sparkulz nudge the sack open and fished out a box. The label on it said "Kandi."

Raising his voice above the comforting buzz of happy voices, he said,
"Excuse me everyone, is there a Kandi here? There's a Christmas present for her here from Lav the Elf!" In his jaws was a oddly wrapped Christmas present. But then again, what could you really have expected from a crazy Elf?

(( Merry Christmas! It's a quick scribble from Laviee the Elf ~ Maybe she'll come around again later, I don't know. xD;; ))
Zoo PenDragon CaveLaviee Art
Midnight StarWishlistTumblr Blog

Haaaaa. You got blinded. Durrrrrr.
xLavenderKisses
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby kabuto_rocks » 12/18/2010 7:03 AM

Having hung up his ornament, Darrian took a step back and admired the tree. It was amazing how quickly word spread. Already the tree was filling up with various decorations, and people were still pouring in. The really great thing was how diverse the decorations were. Different styles and colours would only combine to make the tree all the more beautiful in the end.

He was just glancing round to try and find someone to chat to (that was one of his favourite activites. Chatting) when his gaze fell upon the hot chocolate. Beaming yet again, he wandered over and happily got himself a cup. Thanking the bright fellow who had served him (and presumably organized the whole thing) he took a sip. Delightful. He remained adament that it was one of the best drinks in the galaxy, despite what other people tried to introduce him to. He couldn't help taking a cookie either, which while nice still wasn't as good as hot chocolate. Noting the candycanes which had now been added to the tree, he thought about how odd it was hanging something edible on it. Come to think of it a lot of Christmas traditions seemed crazy if you really thought about them...

{Posts: 5/5, 60, L12}
kabuto_rocks
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 217
Donate

Next