These woods are nice for a casual walk or even if you have a more adventurous urge. Bubbling hot springs lie just around the bend, fruits can be found to suit every taste bud, and rumor has it there are talking Tali who can speak Lambastian! (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Roraldi Forests

Re: Slot 3: Thunder, Raven, Gray, Toxic, and Jackie

Postby ToxicShadow » 03/26/2013 3:56 PM

Much to the Khimera cub's luck, with his great amount of nosing around, he uncovered a bright blue and yellow diamond patterned egg. "Toxiiiic," he called immediately in his typically muffled way.

The woman, however, was in the middle of greeting the others. "Tya, Raven. It's a pleasure to meet you both, as well." Once more, she dipped her head politely. Rather one was in a human-esque form, a creature form, or anything in between or otherwise, Toxic viewed them all the same. In her case, she was capable of shifting forms into a Lucain, as well as a Turkzilla. However, then there were others like her young companion, which were unable to switch forms. "I do think we should get started, yes. It seems as though Rayishi has already gotten a jump on all of us."

Her eyes went to the Hunter, though, briefly, "And what might your name be?" Everyone else seemed to introduce themselves, leaving only the Hunter without a name for them to call her by.

Impatient as Rayishi was, he scampered away from the egg long enough to return to Toxic for his basket. "I need my basket, please." With those simple words spoken, the woman set one of the two baskets she carried onto the ground. Promptly, the Khimera cub dropped his plush lamb into the basket and procured its handle in his teeth. When he returned to his egg, he repeated a similar process in setting the basket down, scooping up the egg in his jaws, and settling it in the basket alongside his lamb. "One down!" he announced cheerfully, his voice clear for the first time.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2874
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 03/26/2013 6:01 PM

She hadn't told them her name? She must have seemed so rude...Dropping back to all fours, she nodded at Toxic. "My name is Nisha," she said, turning stiffly to another tree. This one had something in it, and she reached in with a paw, dragging out a pale green egg. Part of her wanted to stiffen, as she began to recall feathers of that color brushing by her face...she shook her head.

"Can I borrow your basket?" she asked, turning to the Khimera cub. It would seem too suspicious if she just gave it away to him without any other provocation. Hopefully, this would work.

[5]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
You're my crystal and clover
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot
What would you do if I stole you tonight? (Ahh ahh)
Why waste time? (Ahh ahh)

'Cause the world goes on without us
It doesn't matter what we do
All silhouettes with no regrets
When I'm melting into you
'Cause I belong in your arms
I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2597
Donate

Postby jackie125 » 03/26/2013 6:10 PM

Her eyes where keen, as they had to be for flying so far from the ground as she did. Tya loved games of finding and searching. Spotting things as she flew along was something she highly enjoyed, so finding eggs couldn't be too hard. She noticed that the Khimera cub had found an egg, which was rather exciting, and encouraged her to do the same. She had not thought to bring a basket, it must have slipped her mind earlier. Not that she would really be able to carry a basket of that size.

After dismissing the thought of the basket, Tya scuffled around under some bushes at the base of a tree. No eggs there. She flew up to a low-hanging crook in a tree, landing on the protruding branch. She used her wings to grasp the bark while she crawled along the branch towards the tree. A pale pink egg was nestled in the space.

"Found one!", she exclaimed.
She grasped the egg between her paws and gently landed beside the Khimera cub's basket. She placed the egg there and returned to her search.

[4]
jackie125
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 47
Donate

Postby Thunder » 03/26/2013 8:27 PM

Now that all the introductions were out of the way, Hawk also began to start searching for eggs. He hadn't brought a basket since he wasn't aware that was something you were apparently supposed to do, but the pockets in his jacket were pretty spacious, and he could store any eggs he found in them.

For a moment, he wondered if he should fly and search the treetops, but the organizers of this event had been a Cuniflare and Nemuwit, neither of which could fly. So it wasn't likely that there would be eggs there, unless they had gotten help from flying creatures. He opted to simply search around the grass and bushes instead. Hawk picked a spot where the others in the group weren't looking and rummaged through some leaves, humming quietly to himself.

After a while, his heart leaped in excitement when he saw a bright pink thing nestled in one bush. "I got one!" he exclaimed. He grabbed the plastic egg and stowed it in his pocket. "Aren't there supposed to be little prizes inside these? I can't wait to open all of them up!"

"If everyone is one, none will be afraid."

Pen~Breeders~Trades~Wishes~Rentals
Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 877
Donate

Postby GrayGriffin » 03/26/2013 11:36 PM

"Prizes? I thought we were supposed to trade them in..." Then again, she hadn't been listening very clearly. It was completely possible that she was wrong. Carefully gripping the one egg she had found in her jaws, she started turning, trying to see what others there were. Now that she had found one, it seemed that the spirit of the hunt had infected her somewhat.

Her eyes landed on a patch of earth that seemed to have been recently disturbed. Stepping closer, she found a small patch of blue sticking out. She gently brushed away the dirt, then pulled out another egg.

"It seems some of them are buried!" she called out, after setting both eggs down at her paws for a moment, before picking them up again and moving to place them in the basket as well.

[6]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FrostyRae » 03/27/2013 12:40 AM

Raven had brought a basket after all and it was the perfect size to carry whether she was in her human or lucain form. Searching a few of the knots in trees, she found nothing and shrugged, eyes scanning the ground as she walked away from where she checked. Just ahead, she spotted a pale green egg and tenderly placed it into her basket. One down and who knows how many more to go. Wandering off from the group for a bit, she climbed a few trees, rustled a few branches, and managed to find little aside from bugs. Perhaps it just wasn't her luck to find eggs at the moment. Didn't help she felt awkward around these strangers right now. But of course she was going to continue hunting for eggs and help the others all she could.
FrostyRae
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby GrayGriffin » 03/27/2013 10:52 AM

After dropping off her two other eggs, Nisha noticed several more colorful flashes in front of her. It seemed there were actually quite a few buried eggs. She carefully extracted each one, then looked around. Most of the others seemed to have not found many.

"There are a lot of eggs over here!" she called, backing away. After all, hunting for eggs had never been her main goal here. And the others would be happy to have more eggs, wouldn't they?

[7]
Crossing my heart
Open wide
All of me
Honestly
Is dedicated to hold you

Swear to God
Double knot

I belong in your arms

GrayGriffin
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby FrostyRae » 03/27/2013 11:16 AM

Hearing there were more eggs near Nisha, Raven came over with a shy smile and took a couple of the eggs. "Thanks. I was having a difficult time finding some eggs anyway." Now she had three eggs and that felt sufficient enough considering when she got her. "I see you've had some good luck finding eggs." Though she wondered how the others were doing on their search, Nisha had her attention for now, considering she had been the one to find these eggs in the ground.
FrostyRae
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby jackie125 » 03/27/2013 5:33 PM

Tya had given up on searching trees for the moment, and instead tried checking in the grass and dirt around the bases of the trees. As a group, they had already managed to find quite a few eggs, and she was excited to try and find more. Nisha had said about the buried eggs, so Tya headed in that direction. Not right by where the others were searching, but a small distance away so not to be in the way. She pushed her path through the grass and searched in the bushes around her. She stumbled over something and jump into the air, rather than falling. She hovered just above the spot she had tripped and noticed a patch of purple. She landed beside it and scraped away the loose dirt. She rolled the egg over next to the pink one she had found earlier.  

[5]
jackie125
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thunder » 03/27/2013 11:34 PM

"Trade them in?" Hawk asked. "But people were telling me that you can open them up and find prizes. Oh well, I guess if we're trading them in for other stuff it's still getting something."

He moved on to another bush and dug around. This time, he found a plastic blue egg sitting comfortably in the branches. He grinned and placed it gently in his pocket. "Got another one!" he announced. "I wonder how many they've hidden around here?"

((Sorry this is so short, I've been busy x3x))

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jackie125 » 03/28/2013 8:00 PM

Tya had found another egg hidden in the grass, this one a pale green. The others were talking about opening them or trading them in, but either way, she was having loads of fun finding them. There seemed to be tons of eggs around, but most were very well hidden. She had managed to find a few. Hopefully everyone could find some more before they had to leave.

Under the roots of an old tree, Tya was searching through the dirt and fallen leaves to look for some more eggs. She rummaged through the jumble of twigs and leaves, but to no avail.

[6]
jackie125
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thunder » 03/29/2013 5:36 PM

Hawk wasn't sure if everyone else was having luck in this area, so he moved slightly away from the group in an effort to branch out the search more. He looked up at the trees and saw that there was an egg lodged neatly in a bough of an oak tree. He was a tall angel, but not quite tall enough to just reach up and grab it. He would have to do a little bit of climbing.

He took a deep breath and grabbed onto a lower branch to pull himself up onto it. Once he was securely on the branch, he reached out and grabbed at the egg. Unfortunately, his hand missed just a bit, and he began teetering dangerously on the branch. "Wh-whoa!" he shouted. He flapped his wings rapidly to keep himself upright, and thankfully enough, he didn't fall. "Phew! That was wayyyyy too close!"

With a little more caution this time, he reached out and managed to grab the egg.

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jackie125 » 03/29/2013 8:11 PM

Tya was having loads of fun with the egg hunt. The pile she had made only held a few eggs, but she had really enjoyed finding them. She still had a bit of time before she had to leave, and it definitely wouldn't be wasted.

She abandoned the rest of the group on the ground and flew back into the leafy branches. A small pink egg was perched in a knot six or seven feet from the ground. Most of the others could have reached it standing, but she was too small for that. She fluttered her wings gently and hovered just out from the egg. She leaned towards it, and grabbed the egg with her paws.

[7]
jackie125
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Previous