Almost large enough to be considered a theme park while remaining free to the public, Terrace Park is rumored to have been the site of the Grand Hollowheart's defeat, leading to the Hollowhearts first accepting a pact with humans. (+2 Fame, +2 Endurance)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Terrace Park

Re: Millie's Spring Contest Event [Wonderful Prizes, Open!]

Postby jackie125 » 05/03/2012 5:55 AM

Cloverta had not found anything by the picnic tables, so she decided it would be a good time to move to another location. She looked around and found she could go to two or three. She walked over and made her way over to the bridge. It looked rather unstable, but she had to try. She wasn't going to find eggs if she had to fly. She looked around the bridge, the lake and even stopped and looked at the ducks for a while. SHe just got here, so there wasn't  any rush.

Moving to Area#3

2/10
jackie125
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 47
Donate

Postby crow » 05/05/2012 6:26 PM

(3)

Nanashi was the sort to mill around aimlessly until someone else noticed him, and that, as it turned out, was exactly what ended up happening. There was a small girl who seemed a bit out of sorts, and she was looking right at him. That was a very good sign! The first good sign was that they noticed him; then clearly they could see him, and hopefully hear him too. "Hello," he said, wagging his tail for emphasis. Kitzu had told him that that helped indicate he was friendly.

He could understand what she said perfectly well, of course, so he knew that she was asking him for help... But how could he help her find what she lost if he didn't even know what it was? "I'd be happy to help you look, if only you would tell me what we're looking for." He was supposed to be looking for something too, but seeing as he didn't know what that was yet, it probably wouldn't hurt to help this girl first. She seemed very small, and Nanashi had a particular soft spot for children... Not that he would have refused to help anyone, but it was children who tended to get along with him the best, he found. And proof was all around. None of the adults paid any attention to him whatsoever, did they?

Searching Area #2
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 3874
Donate

Postby Redd » 05/05/2012 7:50 PM

(So. I was going to post yesterday after I handed all my work in, but I fell alseep at my desk just before it happened. :'I Sorry about that. :C)

Allie hadn't unfolded her arms nor removed the defiant expression off her face since she first got pulled out of the officers car, and she wasn't about to start now, but she did quirk an eyebrow a little at the Socross's speech. 'Loss of limb, or life'? What, were they going to get attacked by some feral, rabid Mekkayena or something? Dear Yepha, what was this world coming to?

"Right, c'mon kid. Tell me where you want to go. And preferably not somewhere where we could loose a" - she raised her hands and made a sarcastic quoting motion - "life or limb."

The corner of Naomi's mouth twitched into a smile. "He's not lying you know. This area is special."

Allie halted, her mind ticking over. "Eh, whatever. I'm not bothered. So where did you want to go?"

Naomi shrugged and turned towards the bridge. "I want to see what's past the bridge. I thought I saw flowers."

"... Flowers?" Allie tilted her head quizzically. "We're... at a park. And you want to see... flowers? Aren't the ones around here... okay? And. Hey. Aren't you like.. a kid? Don't you want to.. I don't know. Look at ducks or... run around screaming, or whatever you kids do?"

Confusion crossed Naomi's face for a second but it disappeared. "I think you have an odd perception of kids. Or at least. Your perception of kids does not fit who I am. There is a reason they let you come out with me. They wouldn't have let you go with anyone else."

Allie hesitated. The girl was so well spoken, and her awareness was well past her age. It was slightly freaky. "... Right. Well. We're at the bridge now. Did you want to stop and look for eggs, or carry on?" The girl was beginning to unnerve her, and as curious as she was to pursue that conversation, she needed to flush this 'weirdness' out of her system first.

Moving to Area #3

1/10

Stare in the darkness
Are you scared? Are you free?
I can be fair or a monster
Tell me now, which one do you need?

I can feel teeth tear into me
Rip me to pieces, rock me to sleep
I can feel eyes staring at me
Getting uneasy, ready to feed
I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 892
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 05/06/2012 5:20 AM

Eunwon:

((You’ve been accepted, since HUN has stated she will no longer be participating; you may now start your ten posts))

Kitzu:

“W-well,” the girl began, rubbing her arm nervously. “You see, I’ve lost my dancing shoes. My sisters all have there‘s, and if I don’t find mine in time, I won’t be able to dance with them today.” She scowled, suddenly, her pretty little face twisting into a frown. “But one of my sisters was the one who took my shoes! All she left me was this piece of paper! She said I had to decode it to find the clue as to where she hid my shoes! She said she left a trail for me to follow, but I don‘t understand.” She thrust a piece of paper up into the Yonyuu’s face, looking even more sour than before. “What does it mean?!” If you help her, I bet there will be some kind of rare prize in it for you.

The paper read;
Growing tall, I reach the sky
Part of me soars, but I can’t fly
In the fall I turn bright red
And in the winter, I am dead.
I have some bark, but not a bite
If you’re not careful, I’ll eat your kite!

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

+Imp. Documents+ +Menagerie+ +Wishlist+ +Journal+
MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 10
Donate

Postby Thunder » 05/06/2012 5:42 PM

((OOC: I think you said there was a slot open, I hope I'm not wrong o^o))

(Human Form)

Devoc had ventured to the park hoping to get some quiet studying, but instead he found a lot of activity. There were some tired looking parents following their screaming children, carrying baskets full of colorful eggs. The silver haired boy stared at the scene in confusion. What could be going on? He glanced around to see if there was anyone he could ask, when his eyes landed on a Socross reading a book. Another intellectual, perhaps? Devoc approached the Socross but didn't get any words out of his mouth; immediately the Socross growled at him for staring and mentioned something about a contest.

"C-contest?" Devoc stammered, sorry that he had bothered the Socross. He was even more confused when the reptile assumed that Devoc was a participant in this contest. Now the Socross was walking down the path to an area full of picnic tables, and Devoc felt he had no choice but to follow. It would be rude to ditch- what was his name, Boris?- now that Boris thought Devoc was an entrant.

"If everyone is one, none will be afraid."

Pen~Breeders~Trades~Wishes~Rentals
Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 877
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 05/06/2012 6:12 PM

Laika almost ran into the sign, as she bounced past. "ooh! A contest! I wonder what it would be like to enter!" Skipping inside, she bounced up to the Socross expectantly. "Hi, I saw that there seems to be a slot open? I would like to enter please!"

She gave him her best smile, hoping it would work. She really, REALLY wanted to do something fun in terrace park, and she hoped he would give her that chance.

"Please? I promise to follow all the rules, and not break anything..." She said, looking up at him wistfully...
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2221
Donate

Postby Redd » 05/06/2012 6:38 PM

"Oh, look at all the fish~! And look there's a toy boat!" Naomi exclaimed rushing over to the side of the bridge. "And there's ducks over there too! Look Allie. Look at all this!"

Allie jerked out of her daydreaming state and turned her head around to see what the kid was pointing at. A lake. Ducks, fish, toy boats. Had this kid never been to a park before? This was all fairly basic park stuff. "...Nice." Allie struggled to come up with a better comment, but another question was on her mind. "Hey kid. Where you from, eh?"

Naomi paused and then turned around to lean on the edge of the bridge. "Right now, I live on Sekudui. Before that. Many places." Naomi's usually bright eyes saddened up a little before she continued. "My caretakers have a farm, and I help run it! I'm only small, so I just work with the animals. And we have dams but, not parks. I've never seen white ducks like these before. Are they all over Lambastia? The ducks in Barakka are brown."

"Sekudui? Why are you so far out... just to participate on an... egg hunt?" Allie tilted her head, both questions - one asked, one unasked - answered; the fact that she had also answered the unspoken park question slightly put Allie off again. "... I dunno kid. Never really been outside of the Aldrect - Terrace  region. They're all white there though, I think."

"Uuh... no real reason I guess. I just... felt like it would be a good idea." The girl shrugged, though Allie was suspicious about the girl's use of the word 'felt'. "It's nice to get out now and again, don't you think?"

"... Yeaaah.. I guess." Allie replied, more to herself. She had already assumed that the girl was odd, but to what degree of odd, Allie was now trying to piece together. Though, by the time they reached the end of the bridge, Allie was no closer to figuring it out.

Moving to Area #5
2/10

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 05/06/2012 7:36 PM

Thunder/Toxxic:

It seemed as though two competitors had already dropped out. Boris snorted into the pages of his book; why join if you weren’t going to even compete? How annoying. He settled down to get back into his reading, when he was suddenly bothered by two more contestants; some weird kind of rathril (who looked like he’d be interesting to study) and a bubbly, bothersome Lucain. “Personal space!” Boris snapped at the four legged canine, narrowing his eyes and setting his book down. “I don’t care if you enter. It’s your choice.” He waved one short, stubby arm. “We’re not responsible for loss of life or limb, yadda, yadda, verbal contract. The end. Now get going and leave me alone.” With a disgruntled huff, Boris quickly went back to his book; he’d just been getting to the good part!

((Yep, slots are open! And have now been filled. You may start your ten posts now! Krypto, don’t forget to add your post count to the bottom of your posts so I know how many you have left, please!))

I love adventurous tales like that. That uplifting feeling that comes from seeing unknown lands and the knowledge that you came across—nothing can replace it! It opens a path from which self-confidence, experience, and important friendships—from the sharing of life or death situations—are born! But hearing it just isn’t the same. I want to create my own magnificent story!

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 05/07/2012 11:25 AM

Laika looked at the sign which said "entrance". It seemed to point to a picnic area with lots of people in it. Too many people, at that... And she did tend to bump into things a lot. It would be just like her to crash into a child and knock it over, then it would get hurt and cry... That would be just awful. She sighed. She would need to be careful!

She bounced into the area, carefully avoiding everybody. Though there were a lot of great smells around, she didn't really feel comfortable somewhere with so little bouncing room. And everyone seemed so... lethargic. She decided to have a munch whilst she decided what to do, so she picked up some sandwiches which seemed to have been left out for the contestants, and sat down.

Once she had finished, she decided to have a look and see if she could go somewhere more energetic, with fewer children. She noticed a bridge, and bounced over to check it out.

Moving to area 3.

1/10
"I remember who I was, who I've always been. Sometimes I forget I'm not that person any more."

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Eunwon » 05/07/2012 6:45 PM

Ooh, she had been accepted! She followed the path into the park, until it ended at the picnic tables. Naomi grinned blissfully as her eyes scanned her surroundings. Rambunctious kids were zooming through the picnic tables, knocking into people and spilling food and drinks in the process. Though the ruckus they were creating made it hard for her to focus on choosing the destination in which she would begin to search, she couldn't help but giggle at the humorous pranks they played on innocent families before moving onto a new location.

Doing the best she could to squeeze her way out of the picnicking area without bumping anyone or stepping on food, Naomi finally reached a nice, quiet spot on the outskirts of the picnics. To the left was a Gazebo, another extremely loud and upbeat area, complete with music, dancing, and drinks. Straight ahead was a quaint little bridge, though not the safest looking, which crossed over a small stream of gently flowing water - much more soothing and quiet in terms of the noise. So, where should she begin looking? It wasn't too hard of decision; either way she would find lots of pretty eggs! But because one wasn't an obvious choice, she couldn't decide without being unfair to one or the other. Her deciding factor for little decisions (and big ones, too) like this was the wind. It always seemed to blow in the right direction and it had never led her astray before. Shutting her eyes for a brief moment, she stood still as she waited patiently for the breeze. "Hmm..." The mild breeze was almost too soft to notice, but Naomi did notice as it swayed ever so slightly forward. "The bridge it is!" She exclaimed somewhat loudly for someone talking to him or herself, "Oh, good. Some peace and quiet would be nice!"

(( Moving to Area #3 ))
Post 1/10

Sorry Millie. >.< I was in a rush... My apologies.

t
ime to close your eyes
over look the darkness
and try to dream tonight

not so long ago
your world was bright
so take a breath and count to ten
and maybe you can dream again

;; headquarters ;;
Eunwon
Master Pet Tamer
Master Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 563
Donate

Postby crow » 05/07/2012 9:31 PM

(4)

Dancing shoes? Nanashi cocked his head. He'd never seen any shoes specifically for dancing before, but then he hadn't ever thought to inspect shoes very closely to note their differences. He cast a furtive glance around the wood shack at the dancers, and noted that many of them wore similar shoes. That must be what she meant. At any rate, he would play along as if he knew what she was talking about and hope it wouldn't come to light just how woefully naive he was about the world. That was what had gotten him kicked out of the house, and he didn't particularly care to repeat that sort of conversation.

He wasn't particularly good at riddles either, but some of the poem did give him ideas. "It says it reaches the sky and soars," he offered, though he didn't get much else. A lot of things died in winter, for example. If he focused on that one, they would be here all day. "Maybe it means that we ought to look someplace high." He felt so wonderfully clever for having come up with it. Letting himself drift higher off the ground, he scanned the roof of the wood shack, and then in the surrounding trees. He knew what he was looking for now too, so maybe he would be of some help after all!

Searching Area #3
crow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 3874
Donate

Postby MillietheWarrior » 05/07/2012 9:50 PM

Toxxic:
(You CANNOT jump to area 5. You CANNOT search area 5. You can only move to an area beside the one you are in. When you move, you cannot search. READ the rules. I will not respond to your posts until you have read the rules and complied with them)

Eunwon:
(Add your post count)

Kitzu:

The little girl frowned. “Maybe…maybe like a tree?” she suggested. That was the only place she could think of that was high. When the Yonyuu drifted upwards, she followed it with her eyes, looking impressed. “Oh!” she cried, pointing suddenly to the top of the tree. “Look, look! There’s a note there, tied with red ribbon!” She bounced on her bare feet happily. “Get it, get it! I bet it’s the next clue!” And indeed, when one opened the note, they would see the next poem written below;

In a band, I play my sound,
And my player, I wind around.
I’m a type of horn, I’m nice and gold
Danny plays me, he’s super old!

A great adventure!

MillietheWarrior
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Redd » 05/09/2012 8:36 PM

(Arg. Sorry for hoggin' my spot. I thought I'd be replying faster. x'D I'll speed up the pace, if not for a lack of post quality from now on. Sorry. :'U <3)

Allie sighed and placed her hands on her hips. "Kay, kiddo. We're here. Go... look I guess?" She'd be damned if she was the one who had to look for these stupid eggs.

Naomi's eyes lit up at the sight of flowers, and at that very moment, a plan formed in her mind. Without a moment of hesitation, she grabbed Allie's hand and started to lead her off towards the flowers. However, a second later, her vision flickered, everything lost its colour and she started seeing things. Criminal things. She saw a gang struggling to get by. A gang that stole and looted because they were starving. A plot; a heist. Something that would get their gang fame. Then, colour came back.

Naomi pouted. Usually these visions gave some indication of whether this had already happened, or was to happen and it also gave her some resolution. This vision did neither.
She quickly glanced up at Allie, not sure as to how much time had past. Obviously too much, judging by the look on the woman's face.
"Sorry, I'm a psychic." She shrugged. "I apologise for that. Lets go though~!"

Allie really didn't know how to put on more than just a blank face right at this moment, so she just let Naomi lead her around. The girl lead her into the flowers, in no direction in particular, let go of the thief's hand and started looking around.
"So. I had that vision, right? When I stopped for a little. You guys poor? Or did you plan a heist?" Naomi questioned. She figured she'd startled the woman to the point where nothing would startle her further.\\

Searching Area 5
3/10

Stare in the darkness

I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxxicRenegadeAngel » 05/09/2012 10:03 PM

Laika looked at the bridge, once she got nearer. There were lots of reeds around, and little ducks were swimming happily under it. But, she noticed, the bridge was broken! How awful! She slowed right down. It didn't look like it had been deliberately smashed, just that it had fallen into disrepair. And it seemed like such a nice place too... She sighed, and a shiver ran up her spine. She could feel someone there, just out of sight, and apart from being a little uncomfortable with people she couldn't see, she didn't want to be rude.

She caught sight of a field of flowers on the other side of the river, and cheered up. When the wind blew her way, she could smell them, and the thought of dancing through so many pretty colours sent her bouncing again. She whispered "Flowers!" and ran across the bridge to the field.

Moving To Area 5

2/10

ToxxicRenegadeAngel
Well-Traveled Tamer
Well-Traveled Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thunder » 05/12/2012 12:17 PM

Devoc blinked as he was led to an area full of picnic tables. This spot seemed quieter than the rest of the park. There were people lounging around on towels, eating sandwiches and fruit. What was he supposed to do here? Boris hadn't explained what exactly the contest was about...

He looked around and saw some people carrying wicker baskets full of colorful, plastic eggs. His silver eyes followed one child as she ran over to the base of a tree and plucked out a bright green egg from the grass, placing it happily into her basket before speeding off again. So...did that mean Devoc had to hunt for these eggs too?

He supposed he'd give it a shot. Devoc had a bag of books on him, and he figured he could use it to store eggs as well. He began wandering around the picnic table area, trying to find some eggs.

((Searching Area 1, 1/10))

"If everyone is one, none will be afraid."

Pen~Breeders~Trades~Wishes~Rentals
Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 877
Donate

PreviousNext