A dense jungle full of surprises and new places to explore! Scientists are still trying to document species found here, while travelers flock here for a sense of adventure. Be sure to make lots of preparations though, as it can be quite dangerous! (+3 Precision, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Tengel Rainforest

.:Dark Forest:. [OVER]

Postby jackie125 » 02/10/2010 3:31 PM

My name is Volfax.I have been lost in this forest for days. Light barely comes through the thick canopy.That is why it is called the Dark Forest. Almost all who travel into it don't come out. I went in here on a dare to try to find a city, in the middle of the forest. Now I am hopelessly lost in this, dark, horrible and dangerous place.  
jackie125
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 47
Donate

Re: .:Dark Forest:. [please join]

Postby jobiehanna » 02/10/2010 10:53 PM

I'm in this forest, though I don't know why. I came here days ago, wanting to explore. My sense of exploration failed me when I encountered a near death experiance along the river. I had fallen into the river and felt as though I was being pulled under. I had made it out, miraculously, to be where I am now. I had noticed others walking around in the forest who seemed to be lost like I am. But everyone seemed so crazy, like they were ready for the insane asylum. I shuddered to think of that. I didn't want to end up there. I wondered through the dense jungle. I could barely see where I was puttig my paws. I tripped over an adventerous tree root that had found its way onto my path. I tumbled head over heels for a moment before i caught myself. I felt the tiny cuts on my body. They burned, but I gritted my teeth and went on. That night I slept beneath a tree with my tails curled around me. When I awoke I heard footsteps around me, though I couldn't tell where they were coming from. I opened my eyes to see a voltage fellox wandering around. I crouched and backe dup against the tree I had slept under and watched the creature. Maybe this was one of the others I had seen wandering around. I didn't know who they were and I was scared by their presence. My dark fur blended in with the darkness around me, and I hoped that I wouldn't be spotted. But another part of me told me that I needed to be discovered by someone, anyone. Maybe I could get help to get out of the horrid forest. Before I could restist the urge to spring forth and confront this fellox, I was out from my hiding place, in the direct path of it. I shivered and forced a weak smile to my lips. "S-sorry," I managed to say. By then I was tongue-tied and I couldn't get anything else out. I was so embarrassed by the encounter with this stranger.
{1.1}

And I was runnin' far away
Would I run off the world someday?
Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and
I was dancing in the rain
I felt alive and I can't complain

Sale Breed Thoughts Wishes Records Home
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4169
Donate

Postby jackie125 » 02/11/2010 7:45 AM

"my name is Volfax, what are you doing here, it's dangerous to be walking around. Get up off the ground. What is your name? How long have you been in the forest? I have been in this treacherous forest for four days, I think? It is so hard to keep track of time in this forest.Do you want to come with me? I am trying to find the lost city. Well, that's not the whole truth. I came in here on a stupid dare And now I'm lost. Why are you in this place?
jackie125
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 02/11/2010 11:46 AM

I was startled by the many questions this Volfax was asking. What right did he have to ask me such questions? He had been in here longer than me, if we had counted right. Maybe he knew more about this forest than I did. I stood up straight and looked at the voltage fellox. Could he be trusted? "I-I got lost. I don't know how I ended up here, I just did," I said when I had finally found my voice. This stranger had introduced himself, so I figured I should have too. I would have hit my paw to my head, hadn't I been so startled and embarassed. "I don't know how long I've been here, though I think it's been about two days. My name is Zestra," I added this to my previous sentence after weighing my options. This guy could help me out, hopefully. He didn't seem evil, maybe he was just being cautious. I was hesitant to pledge my alliagance to go with him, so I avoided answering that question.
{1.2}

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jackie125 » 02/11/2010 3:22 PM

"Do you want to come with me Zestra, I am leaving soon. I am going to the great forgotten city, I would tell you the name of it, but the name has been forgotten over the years. If you aren't coming then you best be careful. Many dangers lurk in the dark of the forest."he said. He started to walk slowly into the darkness of the forest, but turned around and said:" The forest is a grim place Zestra be aware of your surroundings, you are in a place where even the plants might try to eat you. Goodbye."
jackie125
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 02/11/2010 7:36 PM

I looked at the other, pondering my options. Be eaten by a plant, or go with this guy to find a lost city that I had never heard of. I decided that I was going to go with this other creature. Maybe he could help me survive in the forest. I gulped at the thought of a plant trying to devour me. I decided to follow Volfax. I trotted after the fellox, he had longer legs than I did so I had to double step to keep up with him. I kept my distance from Volfax, as I had never traveled or been around a voltage pet, I had only heard tell of them. I just hoped his electricity was well controlled and I wasn't in danger of being electricuted.  
{1.3}

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jackie125 » 02/12/2010 1:43 PM

"You have decided to come with me good, good. Just because I am am voltage doesn't mean I will zap you if you touch me. You will only feel a small static shock, but if you annoy me I might fry you. So don't."I said
"The city is supposed to be a place where any lost traveler can find their way. I am venturing there for that reason and because I was dared to; I never back down from a challenge." I slowly walked into the darkness with her trailing me. The night full of noises and other dangerous things.
jackie125
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 02/12/2010 4:31 PM

"Oh," I said with an embarassed smile. It was like he could read my mind, or perhaps just noticed that I was trailing behind him. After that I decided not to annoy Volfax with the many quesitons I wanted to ask. I guessed it was a good thing that Volfax never backed down from a challenge, because this whole experiance could turn into a challenge. I soon heard noises that I was unaccustomed to, even after being in the forest for two days. Perhaps it was because I was relaxing a bit and paying more attention to my surroundings. I was glad that I had the other with me, I felt safer for some reason. I continued to trail behind him, it wasn't worth running to stay by his side.  
{1.4}

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jackie125 » 02/12/2010 5:57 PM

" Hurry up. I'm not going to make this take any longer than it should. The city is roughly four days walk, form were we are. "I said." We needed to find shelter before nightfall. Too many dangers in this woods to risk sleeping in the open."I trudged along with Zestra just feet behind."There,"I yelled, " a big tree, if I were you I would hope I could climb well."
jackie125
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 02/12/2010 7:11 PM

I wasn't too sure if I liked this guys manners. He was very to the point, and I wasn't like that. I shrugged to myself, I chose to follow him, so I was stuck with him. I wondered how he knew we were roughly four days away, but I didn't ask. I also wondered how he knew it was almost dark, because I couldn't tell. Whne we reached the tree I looked up into it. It was very tall and very dark. The leaves looked like a good shelter, but I wondered if there was anything in the trees. "I guess I'll go up," I said hesitantly. I jumped up onto the tree and dug my nails into the tree bark. I climbed up the tree and stopped when I reached the first branch ig enough to sleep on. "You coming?" I asked Volfax.
{2.5}

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jackie125 » 02/16/2010 2:52 PM

Image"yes, it just takes me a little longer because I have hurt my leg, while I was running through the dense forest." I said."this tree should probably be big enough for tonight, but we still need to be careful."I clawed my way slowly up the tree.
When we woke up I grabbed some of the edible plants on the forests floor, enough for Zestra, if she wanted some."Wake up, Zestra. We need to go, and soon." I leaped down from the tree and sprinted deeper into the forest.
jackie125
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 02/16/2010 5:42 PM

I fell asleep on the large branch I was on almost as soon as Volfax had made it up the tree. Throughout the night I awoke several times. I was on edge and afraid of what was out there. When I awoke the followinf morning Volfax was gone. I heard frogs croaking from their perches near the water. I looked around, but I heard his voice before I saw him. I leaped from my branch to a lower one, then to the forest floor. I didn't want to injure myself before the journey even began. I ate some of the plants Volfax provided for me. They were bitter, but they put my hunger in check. I took off after Volfax into the darkness. It felt good to run through the forest with my paws hitting the ground in a constant rythym. I caught up the the fellox and ran along beside him. The wind through my fur was the best feeling in the world.
{2.6}

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jackie125 » 02/16/2010 8:46 PM

Image A small light pierced through the thick trees." Do you see that light in the distance? It looks pretty close almost like its comming towards us."I walked forward to scout the area around us, and saw a short, old man with a lantern walking towards me. " Who are you? "I asked."I am Tiruge, of the great nameless town of the forests." he replied. "Who are you." I am Volfax, of the cities beyond the forest?"
jackie125
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 02/16/2010 8:54 PM

I peered into the darkness ahead and saw the light. I slowed my pace. My first though was, Am I dead? I watched as Volfax scouted ahead. I waited for a while, but when he didn't come back, I went to find him. I hid in the bushes and watched from where I was. It was an old man with a lattern. He was short and had a very long white beard that nearly touched the forest floor, but he didn't have any hair on the top of his head. How odd... I wondered who he was, and was granted my silent request. His name was Tiruge. He was from the nameless town of the forets. Perhaps he knew of the place we were seeking. I stepped out of the bushes and looked to Volfax hesitantly before I returned my gaze to the old man. "And I am Zestra, of Flower Fields," I said, then I paused. "It's nice to meet you, Tiruge," I said gently with my voice soft. I didn't want to startle the old man too badly.
{2.7}

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jackie125 » 02/16/2010 9:04 PM

" Can you take us to this town where you live, sir? "I asked carefully. I shot a glance at Zestra, her eyes wide. I walked up to the little old man. " Can you take us to yuor town? "I asked again. "Yes, if, I can find the way back." " What do you mean?" " You can only go there once then it's in a new place where you can't find it." " Why did you leave the town?
jackie125
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Next