A dense jungle full of surprises and new places to explore! Scientists are still trying to document species found here, while travelers flock here for a sense of adventure. Be sure to make lots of preparations though, as it can be quite dangerous! (+3 Precision, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Tengel Rainforest

Re: .:Dark Forest:. [please join]

Postby jobiehanna » 02/16/2010 9:10 PM

The old man seemed confused. I could feel my eyes grow wide, but I didn't bother to hide my amazement. I was curious as to why the old man had left his town as well, but I tried to hold back my curiousity. I cold see the old man's eyes looking at us. He seemed in some kind of trance.
{2.8}

((Is this old man a character that either of us can control, or do you want to act him out the entire way? I'm just curious, because I could add to some of his dialouge if you want me too. :]))

And I was runnin' far away
Would I run off the world someday?
Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and
I was dancing in the rain
I felt alive and I can't complain

Sale Breed Thoughts Wishes Records Home
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4169
Donate

Postby jackie125 » 02/17/2010 8:28 AM

"Zestra, do you think its safe to follow him, hes kind of unsure of himself."I asked. I pondered on what he had said:" you can only go there once, then it is in a new place where you can never find it again." " I'm not sure Zestra, wait...Didn't he say he left the city? Doesn't that mean he can't go back?"I thought aloud. "sorry sir we will not be following you to the city.

((it depends if anyone else joins, if no one does then we have to control him or get him out of the story))
jackie125
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 47
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 02/17/2010 5:31 PM

"Maybe we should just let him be," I suggested. It made me feel guilty to have to leave tha man behind, but I didn't want hom to hinder our voyage. There were sacrifices that needed to be made if we were to succeed. I smiled warmly at him before whispering to Volfax, "Let's just leave him be." The old man was already looking around at his surroundings like he hadn't seen them before. He was humming a tune I hadn't heard before. Then he began talking in a trance like state:
What was once lost will be found,
Great treasure will be discoverd,
And the fall of the city will be recovered.

Then the old man collapsed onto the jungle floor. His eyes rolled into the back of his head and he jerked around. I looked to Volfax who seemed as surprised as I was. After his convulsions stopped I dared to breath again. I took a step towards him. "Is he dead?" I asked Volfax. His last words kept running through my mind, though none of it made any sense to me. What fall? Where was the city? What was lost? Perhaps the 'moving city' was lost to mankind and it was soon to be rediscovered. I wondered what the man had meant by his riddle. Was the old man going to regain conscienceness or was he truely dead to this world?
{2.9}

((Okay. :)))

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jackie125 » 02/17/2010 7:22 PM

" I don't know what it means and I also don't know if he is dead or not. I'll check his pulse. Yep, hes dead." I walked past the old man's body and kept going.The corpse was going to attract more animals, dangerous animals. " I think that man was a little bit crazy, do you? But talking about the rise of the forgotten city was pretty convincing. I have no clue as to what it means. What do you think it meant? " I thought about what the old man had said. "Maybe he was talking about us rediscovering the city?"I joked.
jackie125
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 02/17/2010 8:14 PM

I chuckled nervously. I felt really aweful for leaving the old man, Tiruge, to lie for other animals to devour him. i didn't want to find his remains later. "Maybe we should have buried him," I said to Volfax. I was feeling guilty for what had happened, like I had killed the man. I followed along beside the voltage fellox. I looked around me at the various trees and shrubs. It was so exotic, but it all looked to dangerous.
{3.10}

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jackie125 » 02/18/2010 7:25 AM

I walked over to Zestra, and said:"There isn't anything we can do about that right now. We need to move faster. C'mon! Are you sure we're going the right direction? I can't tell if we are or not."I ran towards what we thought was the center of the jungle. The forest suddenly became very misty." I can barely see three feet in front of me through this crazy mist! I'm pretty much blind. "I yelled. "Can you see at all?"
jackie125
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 02/18/2010 8:34 PM

I sighed. My mind was still on the old man as I trudged through the mist after Volfax. It nearly grew impossible to see. I blinked my eyes and squinted, the fog was as thick as butter. I probably could have cut through it with my claw. "No," I answered him. I treaded very carefullt now, trying not to trip. To my great dismay my foot got caught in a tree root and I fell head over heels. I tumbled quite aways and my tumble way caught by a bush. A rather prickly bush at that. The thorns were caught in my fur and I yanked to get free, but I was stuck. With every movement I made the thorns seemed to go into me fur, and soon flesh, further. "Volfax!" I cried out. "Volfax!" I hoped he could hear me from where I was. The mist was think and I continued to call out so he could hear me and find me.  
{3.11}

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jackie125 » 02/19/2010 2:58 PM

I trudged along what I thought was the path. I heard footsteps and Zestra yelling from somewhere ahead of me."Stop!" I yelled. The footsteps stopped. I caught up to Zestra. The fog thinning a little bit. " Is it me or is the fog starting to thin, I think it is?" I asked her.
I saw a tall tree just meters away. I thought of an idea that I probably should have thought about sooner. " How well can you climb Zestra?" I asked. " Do you think you can climb this tree? "I pointed to a thick, tall tree that reached up beyond the others."If you can't climb the tree, then I will." I said.
jackie125
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 02/20/2010 8:04 PM

I was caught in the bush, waiting for Volfax to pull ne out. "Um, can you help me out, please?" I asked. I don't think he realized that I was stuck. "Yeah, it's thinning out," I said from my akward position. I wrestled with the bush pinning me down. I struggled, but couldn't get out. I would have loved to climb the tree for Volfax, but I couldn't in my current state.  
{3.12}

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jackie125 » 02/21/2010 9:41 AM

I rushed over to where I thought she was. "Are you stuck in a shrub or bush or something??? I think I just ran into you, did I?? Here I found your tail, or one of them?I think I can pull you out."I pulled on what I thought was her tail. I fell over with Zestra on top of me. " Get off of me!"I pushed her off and said " Okay now we need to get back on track."We walked into the dark of the forest.
jackie125
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 02/21/2010 3:01 PM

I smiled embarrassedly after falling on top of Volfax. "Sorry." I said after he had pushed me off. I moved my limbs and tails around, making sure all was still intact. There were still thorns in my pelt and I pulled then out hurriedly. I folowed along behind the fellox for some time before I remembered what he had asked me to do. "Still want me to climb a tree?" I asked. I stopped beside a very tall tree and looked up it. It seemed to be one of the tallest around. I hoped it was. "How 'bout this noe?" I asked before I climbed up the tree. I used my claws to climb up and was at the top in no time. I looked around me. Up here the mist or fog or waterever it was was below me. I peered around, looking for any sign of a city. I thought I saw some kind of ancient tower shimmering in the distance. Around it I saw creatures flying around. They looked like they could have been yonyuus. It could have been an illusion, but it didn't matter. I slid down the tree trunk and landed on the ground. "I think I found it," I said excitedly. "This way," I added before taking off into the bushes.
{3.13}

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jackie125 » 02/21/2010 4:26 PM

"What did you see?" I asked her. She said that she had seen a tower made of old ruined stone sticking out of the trees. "Which way is the tower and did it look very far away? I wish I could climb. Stupid leg why do you have hurt so much!"If I could have climbed the tree, I would have, I thought. "Was it light or dark above the canopy? Do you think we think we should sleep, I feel like I haven't slept in days."My legs hurt from walking, my head hurts from lack of food, what next I thought. " I don't care if its dark or not I'm sleeping."And I drifted off to sleep.
jackie125
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 02/21/2010 4:47 PM

"It was a tall tower, it looked like it was made out of old blocks. It looks to be rather far a way, we'll have to hurry to get there," I said. I wanted to get to the city as soon as I could, so I could see for myself what it was like. "It was light, the sun was out, but it was either rising or setting, I couldn't tell." I lead the way through the forest. I didn't realize Volfax had fallen asleep until I was some way ahead. I didn't hear his footsteps behind me. My heart fluttered with fear. I was all alone again. I looked around me. I couldn't seem him anywhere. I went back the way I had come. I soon found him, fast asleep on the forest floor. I lay down and tried to keep watch, but my eyes grew heavy and I was soon a asleep as well.
{3.14}

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jackie125 » 02/21/2010 5:54 PM

When she finally woke up I told her:"Sorry for falling asleep and not telling you. I kind of just fell over and stayed there.I shouldn't have, but after walking for three days, I deserve a break."
I walked ahead so I couldn't see her mad at me. I was worried about her getting hurt too, then I would be alone in the dark forests. I didn't intend  on getting stuck in here in the first place. Now I was just getting myself angry.
that is very dangerous in such a situation. " Well, let's keep going."
jackie125
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 02/21/2010 6:09 PM

I awoke with a jolt, scolding myself for falling asleep. "Sorry," I murmured. I stood up and stretched my legs out. My eyes were still sleepy and wanted to close on me. I was suffering from lack of sleep as well. My body just couldn't take it. I nodded to Volfax and started off in the direction we should be going. "I had lain down so that my back was in the direction we should head," I explained. I walked through the forest with Volfax on my heels. I hoped that the city hadn't moved since I had last looked.
{4.15}

Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and

jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items