A dense jungle full of surprises and new places to explore! Scientists are still trying to document species found here, while travelers flock here for a sense of adventure. Be sure to make lots of preparations though, as it can be quite dangerous! (+3 Precision, +2 Offense)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Tengel Rainforest

Re: Black Mist (Contest RP)

Postby Thunder » 01/13/2011 8:10 PM

Finally, Adey could see something. This next hallway was lined with torches, providing some relief to the girl.

That was when the ground began to shake.

"I knew there was a catch" she grumbled to herself, hearing a door close behind her. It felt as if the walls and foor were going to give away. Well then, there was only one way out. Adey held her breath and dashed for the other end of the hallway, hoping that it led to somewhere more stable. And if she didn't make it...well...that would suck. Maybe it was only a temporary tremor and not a trap, but she wasn't counting on that.

"If everyone is one, none will be afraid."

Pen~Breeders~Trades~Wishes~Rentals
Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 877
Donate

Postby Kylo » 01/16/2011 3:01 AM

Kadaj fell down through the ground and landed in a jumbled heep. "Ow! That freaken hurt!" Kadaj got up and looked around at the new tunnel. "Great just great. Maybe I should have read the dumb map." He got up and wander around more catiously. He looked at the walls and noticed odd symbols. "Runes? I wonder who lived here." He continued down the tunnel no longer following the rule of turning right. The tunnel seemed to go on forever. "Oh come on! There has to be a way out of here!"

Falling from grace, I watch it all come apart
Knowing I could've changed it all from the start
I can't breathe, I need to break free
From the anger that is constantly inside of me
"Fighting Myself" by Linkin Park

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 314
Donate

Postby Sappheara » 01/16/2011 6:26 PM

NatureGirl:
The Evercold entered one the temple's largest room, the stale order invaded her nose. What was this room used for? As she looked around the room, she notice that there were hieroglyphs that decorated all four walls. Large statues of the Tengelians gods held up the ceiling. This was the room of the dead. Kristall notice that there was a large stone table, where surgical instruments scattered on the table. At the end of the table was a ancient coffin. Was there still a body in there? As the Evecold walked up the to the coffin, she looked inside. There was no body inside, all there was were ashes. It was the ashes of the high priest. He was the high priest that help guide the once power Pharaoh. Would Kristall make it out of the room with no problems?

Jackie125:
Squark entered the room of great sacrifice. The ancient Tengelians would sacrifice themselves to please their goddess of life and sometime the god of destruction. The room was decorated with gold with statues large and small that lined the walls. On one wall was hieroglyphs, telling a story of the great god Phinquer. Phinquer was the powerful god of death, destruction and chaos. On the opposite side of the wall was the heiroglyphs, that told the story of the great goddess, Neaphinea. Neaphinea was the powerful goddess of life, rebirth and love. There were sacrificial instruments that were scattered around the room. Squark spotted the door on the other end of the room. Walking towards the doorway, the Squeaker hear noise on the other side of the door. Could it be one of the other contestants?

Thunder:
Adey made it the end of the pathway with no real problems. Would she take the left pathway or the right? That question wasn't going to be answered as she trigger a motion trap. Debris started to fall from the ceiling and the walls. The center of the wall started to slid open and floor underneath Adey started to tilt toward the sliding door. Making the Garudor fall into the dark room. This wasn't her lucky day, she was triggering all the maze's traps. Would she be able to make it out of maze? Adey was in one of the smallest rooms that the temple had. Out of nowhere a white bright light engulf the room, almost blinding the Garudor. In the center of the room was a large crystal ball. The light was coming form the crystal ball. What was this room used for?

Talcen:
Kadaj fell into the tunnel that the thieves would use. The heiroglyphs that decorated the walls was a map to help the thieves get to the Pharaoh's gold and back out of the temple. As Kadja continue on the pathway, he started to notice bones and small amounts of gold that were scattered all over the tunnel. Those bones were once the thieves, their maps never helped them get out of the tunnel alive. Would Kadaj take the gold that were scattered in the tunnel? No, he wasn't going to steal gold from the dead, he just wanted to get to the end of the maze. The ground beneath him shifted a bit. Did the Draculi trigger another trap?

(This time I'll let you pass. Next time if you post after the 3 days you will be disqualified.)

Firetra:
Yengshee continued into the dark pathway with nothing much to light his way. Unknown to the white Lucain that he pass one the first hidden doors on his left side. That hidden door would of lend him to one the temple's mazes. Waving his hands in front of himself to keep the cobbwebs out of his face. Yengshee missed one of the hidden triggers in the floor, the Lucain was getting lucky. Making it to the end of the path, there was another door. Using the same ice pick he created. The white Lucain picked the lock in the stone door. The lock clicked and the door open, the bright yellow sun blinded him for a moment. Stepping outside, the stone door closed behind the Lucain, locking the Lucain outside. The Lucain was on the other side of the Temple. The forest was quite, Yengshee turned around to try to get back inside the temple. The temple was gone as if it never existed.

(You have failed to post within the 3 days. You are disqualified and you can no longer post in this contest.)
Sappheara
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2169
Donate

Postby Sappheara » 01/17/2011 1:57 AM

New Rules
~* If you don't like me to move your character, please state that on your next reply. I'm not a mind reader and I don't know how you feel about me moving your character.

~* If you get kick out this contest DO NOT threaten me. I will not stand for immaturity for any reason.

~* There's no longer a posting order. Just make sure you post before your 3 days are up.
Sappheara
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Thunder » 01/17/2011 2:04 PM

Adey made it to the end of the hall. Unfortunately, the shaking didn't cease. Adey jumped a bit as she felt the floor tilt underneath her. A passageway was opening up in the wall in front of her, and plop! Just like that, the laws of physics deposited the now-very-grumpy girl into some sort of dark room. She grumbled to herself and stood up, brushing some dust off her clothes. It wasn't dark for long, though. A brilliant light flooded the room and revealed a crystal ball in its center.

"Huh..." Adey said, approaching the crystal ball. "What the..." She peered into the crystal ball, wondering if it served some kind of purpose.

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jackie125 » 01/17/2011 4:03 PM

Squark wandered through the door on the other side of the room. He heard a noise coming from the other end of the room of Sacrifice. He ran as quickly as he could through the hallway. He didn't want to be followed. By another contestent or otherwise. He saw a light up ahead and quickly waddled toward it. It turned out to be a rather small room. He wondered what a room this small would be used for. He thought that this would be a good sized room for him.  

(OOC: You can move him if you want, It doesn't matter much to me)
jackie125
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 47
Donate

Postby NatureGirl » 01/17/2011 5:31 PM

((OOC: I like that you move me around, Sapph!))

Kristall looked around the musty room and sneezed as dust bugged at her nose.. Hieroglyphs scattered around the walls caught her attention, and as she approached a panel of them, a glimmer of metal snagged at her peripheral vision.

Metal? Kristall glanced around the room as if somebody would be there. . . watching her every move. Then she carefully walked across the room, approaching the tabel full of. . . of. . . Surgical tools, Voice said as Kristall reached the table.

Thank you, Voice, Kristall sighed and picked one up, a scapel, she believed, catching a glimpse at a casket full of ashes. She sensed a spiritual presence about them, and peered in.

Maybe you should poke it, the voice chuckled emotionlessly. Kristall thought about this seriously then looked down at the ashes.

"Okay," she smiled and took the scalpel through the ashes and made it stick into the casket. I was kidding!!! Voice shouted as Kristall put her hands on her hips. "How was I supposed to know?!" she raised her own voice then covered her mouth in shock.
~ My Zoo Pen! ~ Wishes! ~ My Clickies! ~
Red - Shadows

Click Me!

There's a hate inside of me like some kind of master
I try to save you but I can't find the answer
I'm holding onto you, I'll never let go
I need with you with me as I enter the shadows

Caught in the darkness I go blind
But can you help me find my way out?
Nobody hears me, I suffer the silence.
Can you tell me it's over now?
NatureGirl
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 22
Donate

Postby Kylo » 01/18/2011 12:55 AM

Kadaj noticed the ground shake and foze. His fur stood on end and he hissed with fustration. "Gaia dammit not another one." He catiously took one step, then another. So far so good. He looked again at his surounding and scowled. He knew all the bones had to be from thieves. After all who else would go down here and have gold them. He looked at the ground carefully and made sure not to step anywhere that looked suspicious and to not touch the walls.

He looked at the symbols on the walls again and a pattern seemed to form. It looked eeriely like a map. "Alright, I get it now." He followed what he could make of the map and avioded the places it listed as bad. Soon things were getting easier and easier for him. He dodged traps and pits as pleasure of achievement filled him. "Yeah! This'll be easy now!"

(Edit: Do what you wish with Kadaj, the less I know what to expect the better.)

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Sappheara » 01/24/2011 1:36 AM

Thunder:
The Common Mr. Wilson watch the Garudor as she walked towards the crystal ball. The small bird's breathing to become shallow. The creature's heart started to beat faster as the Mr. Wilson watched her. It felt like it was going to come out of his chest. Could anyone else hear it? No, no one could hear it. The Garudor still didn't know that he was in the same room as her. Was she mad? Did she even know what that ball could do? It look like Adey was going to touch the crystal ball. That made the Common Mr. Wilson fly out of the dark corner where he was hiding. "Don't touch it!" The Mr. Wilson scream as he continued to fly towards her. He knew that he couldn't push her out of the way. He flow close to the crystal ball, knocking it to the ground. He heard the glass ball hit the stone ground. The glass was to thick to break, lucky, or all hell would break lose. "Oh, good heavens, what have I done?" White blinding light came from the ball, a split second later the ball turned black. "We have to get out the temple now!" A hissing sound come from behind the Mr. Wilson. As both Adey and the smaller bird looked. Black Mist started to link out of the crystal, wrapping itself around any object that was close. "The dark sorcerer's curse has begun." The Mr. Wilson spoke as Adey and him started to run out of the room. "I will explain everything after we get out this room."

(Sorry, I tried not to give the Mr. Wilson a gender.)

Jackie125:
ImageImage
The noise started to get louder, as he got closer to the door. It sounded more like someone was running. There shouldn't have been anyone in his maze. Didn't the golden Lucain state that everyone had their own mazes? Becoming lost in his thoughts, a Dori ran into the room of great Sacrifice, the small creature ran right into something solid. "Ouch!" What on earth did she run into this time? Maybe the Orchid Learf was right, maybe she needs to start looking where she was going.Taking a deep breath to get air back into her lungs, the Dori looked straight at the Squeaker. "Are you real?" That would of been a stupid question, if you where outside of the temple. In side the temple some things weren't real. "Learf! We have another one suck in the temple!" The Orchid Learf walked into the room and spoke. "That's not real, Dori. How many times do I have to tell you that?" The Dori looked at Squark then at the Orchid Learf. "He's real! He's real! I ran in to him. He's solid like the both of us. I'm not going crazy." The Dori picked herself off the ground and dusted off the dirty from her cloths and hands. Both the Dori and Orchid Learf walked out the same door they just came from. Stopping at the door, she turned her head slight towards Squark. "Are you going to join us or sit there in shock?"

(Sorry, I tired not to give them genders or names.)

NatureGirl:
A bright silver light flash behind the Evercold, making her jump. Kristall turned around, a large silver and blue Paragon stood tall, folding her wings close to her body. "This is such a lovely room, is it not?" The Paragon smiled at Kristall after she spoke. The Paragon's smile faded quickly. "You shouldn't have entered the temple. Anyone that enters this never gets out a live." The large dargon walked towards the coffin that Kristall was looking at. "The Tengelians were fools." She laugh at her own comment. Making the Evercold wonder if this was really happening. "I'm real, just like you." She walked closer the smaller creature. "You must answer a riddle before you can continue. If you get it wrong you spirit will be suck in this temple forever." Kristall jaws drop from the shock of what the Paragon was saying. The large creature twisted her head to one side, as she watched the Evercold. "What? Do you not like the deal?" The Paragon laugh out loud, making the sound run down the Evercold's spine. Not waiting for the smaller creature's reply. The Paragon spoke the riddle. ""What walks on four legs in the morning, two legs in the evening and three legs at night? Would the Evercold get the answer right? What in blue sky did Kirstall gotten herself into?

Talcen:
Kadaj dodge traps here and there, that wasn't going to last long. He was going to trigger a trap sooner or later. So far, luck was on his side. As soon as that thought cross his mind, the Draculi triggered a motion trap. On both the side of Kadaj, the walls slid open. On his left was a 300 pound lodge that came straight at him. Not given much time to dodge the lodge. If he was a split second later, the lodge would of killed him. The Draculi thought he was safe, until he slipped on one of the old bones. Making him  fall into the dark room behind. He gutted has he hit the cold stone floor. This wasn't his day. Was he ever going to make to the end of the maze? As Kadaj fell into the dark room, he heard a noise. Was there someone else in here? Picking himself up off the ground, he dusted all the dirt off his fur.

(Sorry for the late reply. Been a bit busy lately.)
Sappheara
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby jackie125 » 01/24/2011 7:06 AM

Squark followed the Learf and the Dori Kuni out the door. After about a few hours, they emerged from the temple. Squark was glad to be able to see sunlight again.  The dreary light of the temple was starting to depress him. He walked over to the Kuni and Learf who had saved him. "Thank you for getting me out of that temple. If you hadn't I would've been stuck in there for days."
jackie125
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 47
Donate

Postby Thunder » 01/24/2011 12:58 PM

Before Adey could get a nice, close look at the crystal ball, a voice squealing "Don't touch it!" called out from the darkness, making her jump. There was a small blur of gray and suddenly the crystal ball was on the floor. The gray blur appeared to be a Mr. Wilson, who was now very distraught at the sight of the crystal ball on the ground. "Oh good heavens, what have I done?" There was another flash of light before the ball turned black. Adey's head was spinning in confusion. Get out of the temple? Dark sorcerer's curse? What the heck? She was far too confused to question anything, and that black mist sure looked ominous, so Adey just shook her head and ran after the Mr. Wilson.

Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby NatureGirl » 01/24/2011 4:44 PM

Kristall froze as a silky, dangerous voice approached her. A paragon. "It is beautiful," she whispered. The creature approached the coffin next to her. Kristall still didnt make eye-contact. "And I had no choice. It was a trap." Kristall twisted her flower around her hand and took in the female's frightening words. A riddle. . . Voice. She wasn't asking, she was demanding. Help me.

Four legs in the morning, two legs in the afternoon, and three legs at night. . . Any idea? Silence. Kristall's heart hit rock bottom. What am I going to do? She stood in silence for a minute, assessing her answers. It has to be a type of animal. . . Kristall looked around and sighed.

"It has to be a type of animal." Kristall looked up at the Paragon for the first time. "It's a type of animal, probably mammal, but I do not know. I guess my soul is stuck here." Kristall felt a tear slip down her cheek. She lifted a hand and wiped it away. No sadness, her bravery emerged. Only courage.

At a girl. Voice soothed.
~ My Zoo Pen! ~ Wishes! ~ My Clickies! ~
Red - Shadows

Click Me!

There's a hate inside of me like some kind of master
I try to save you but I can't find the answer
I'm holding onto you, I'll never let go
I need with you with me as I enter the shadows

Caught in the darkness I go blind
But can you help me find my way out?
Nobody hears me, I suffer the silence.
Can you tell me it's over now?
NatureGirl
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Ultimate Pet Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 22
Donate

Postby Kylo » 01/25/2011 5:12 PM

"Who's there?" Kadaj called out as he looked around. It was too dark to see much farther ahead of himself. He carefully padded foreward and sniffed. Something was definately here. "Answer me!" he shouted in irratation. He was no longer in a good mood and just wanted out of this Gaia-foresaken place. When he heard no reply he huffed and curled up into a ball. He needed to calm down and think if he was to ever get out of here.

"Some fun this is. I was expecting a fight not some dumb trap laden maze. Curse you, you stupid lucain!" he growled in anger. If that lucain was here right now, he'd tear him limb from limb. How dare he use Kadaj for his entertainment and not give Kadaj something in return. His claws were itching for a fight and he was bound determined to find one. He got up and padded towards where he heard the noise. "Hey you, whoever the heck you are come out and fight me! Don't hide like some coward!" He unsheathed his claws and barred his teeth and waited for the mysterious noise to attack or at least show its face.

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Sappheara » 02/05/2011 11:15 PM

Jackie125:
The golden Lucain walked out from behind one the hidden passage ways. He was a little disappointed to see that the Squeaker got out of his maze. He shook his as he saw that Squack had two new companions at his side. Maybe he should of made the Squeaker's maze more complex. Why did it matter, since he had three more inside the strange temple. The golden Lucain sat at the edge of the temple steps as he watch the sun slowly start to set. Would the others make out?

Thunder:
Both the creatures ran into the furthest room of the hall. Taking a deep breath the Common Mr. Wilson looked around the room they were in. "I believe that we should be safe for now." He twisted his head to one side as he looked at the Garudor. "You unlocked the dark sorcerer's curse." As he flow to the other end of the room, the Mr. Wilson continue to speak. "The rumors states that the dark sorcerer was once the Pharaoh's highest mage. He would help the king win the battles, until he fell in love with an enemy. When the Pharaoh found out, he had his men kill the sorcerer's lover. The sorcerer became mad with rage and started to destroy the Tengelians. Before the dark sorcerer death, he curse this temple. The curse will lock anyone's soul here for all eternity" The Mr.Common took a deep breath before stepping into the hallway. "That's why we must found a way out of here, and soon."

NatureGirl :
"Silly Evercold, you have not given me an answer I was looking for." After the Silver Paragon spoke, her features started to change. The skin on her face was pulled back tightly to the back of her skull, making the bones in her face stick out, as if she was dead. Her lips disappeared, her white teeth because black and started to elongate. Her nails started to elongate, twisting around each other, it was almost the color of rust. Breathing heavily the Paragon spoke once again. "Your soul will be mine!" She said in a deep rough voice. As the Paragon took a step, a bright, almost blinding light flashed in the room.

Image Image
A large Paragon and a Candy Corn Kitrell stood in between the Evercold and the dead creature. The male Paragon spoke to the Candy Corn Kitrell. "Take the girl and leave this room, now. I will take care of this thing that stands before us." The Candy Corn Kitrell shook his head in agreement. "Follow me, Reaper will take care of all of this." Not waiting for Kristall to speak, the Kitrell grabbed her hand and ran out of the room.

Talcen:
Image Image
"You don't have to be so rude." The Dori Kuni spoke, it heard the angry tone of the creature who fell into the room. "We wish not to fight. We're trying to find a way out of this maze." The Roosken shook out it's feathers. It was trying to see through the dark, with no success. The Dori Kuni held grabbed the arm of the Roosken, before speaking to the Draculi. "Do you know where we are and do you have any form of light?" Both creature started to lean against the wall that was behind them. They been down here for a while, they wasn't sure if it was days or even weeks. "Maybe we can team up and found our way out of this temple?" The Roosken wasn't sure if the Draculi would agree with it, and it didn't hurt to ask.
Sappheara
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 02/06/2011 12:07 AM

"Light? Well if I had my darn materia there'd be light and no more maze left to navigate." He smiled cruelly at the memory of bahamut ranpaging about Midgar. He felt around his fur remembering one of his brothers had given him a materia before he had come to world. He felt something small and tangled in his fur and dug it out. "Yes! Behold, light!" With that said light filled the room.

"So you two are lost as well. It seems that this lucain has most deffinately in need of being beaten to a pulp. Well, sorry for being so rude. I thought you were something sent by that darn lucain. Anyway, my name is Kadaj. What are your names?" He offered a paw to be shook and made sure to keep the materia held tightly in his one paw so that it would not be lost. He then had the brilliant idea to replace the skull on his collar with the materia. "There! Perfect now I don't have to hold it."

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer