Why not drop in and say hello to all the members out there. If you're new here and would just like to meet a new friend, or you just happen to be leaving this forum for good, go ahead and post here.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Hellos and Goodbyes

Anyone Who Knew/Was Friends with Slynne, Please Read..

Postby Kitty » 08/23/2014 7:24 PM

I don't want to be a downer on anyone's day, but I thought you all should know.

Not sure how active she was, how many people she talked to on here but Slynne (one of my best friends IRL) passed away on the 8th of August. Her family has been keeping it fairly hush-hush, so not much is known on detail.

I'm rarely on this site anymore so I don't know how often I'll check this thread, but I just thought you'd all want to know.

Anyway, I'm sorry if you were friends with her and this comes as a shock. I know it really did to me..

Kitty
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 108
Donate

Re: Anyone Who Knew/Was Friends with Slynne, Please Read..

Postby Remedy » 08/23/2014 8:14 PM

Oh my gosh, that's terrible!  My deepest condolences to you and her family.  This is absolutely heartbreaking.  I may not have known her well, but it still hits me hard to know we lost a wonderful member of our community.  Thank you for letting us know, I will keep her and her family and friends in my prayers.

I think back to the time when my search first began,
I left behind those shores of sand
For the endless everlasting world out there.

I know that with this burning passion driving me
Someday, somewhere I'll finally see
The light I have searched for everywhere!

-One Piece, "Hikari E"

HomeLogWishTradeImp. Docs
Remedy
Ultimate Explorer
Ultimate Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1982
Donate

Postby Kitty » 08/23/2014 8:30 PM

Thank you for the kind words. It means a lot to hear that.

I'd been wanting to let people on here know for a while now but I had to wait until an official statement was released..

Kitty
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Zoophilos » 08/23/2014 9:50 PM

Not sure what to say, other than  :cry:
She will be missed.  My prayers go out for the family.
An evildoer forgiven and saved by Jesus' sacrifice.

I know I'm not on as often as some of you; I spend most of my time at other websites. But if I get in a RP with you, I'll do my best to be sure respond quickly!Image
Zoo Pen My wishy-washy wishlist, for what it's worth
Zoophilos
You ARE persistent, aren't you?
You ARE persistent, aren't you?
Pets | Items
Keystones: 21
Donate

Postby Redd » 08/23/2014 10:42 PM

Oh wow. I'm really sorry to hear that, and I am sorry for your loss. I may have not known her too well either but everyone on this community holds a place in my heart and I am shocked to hear the news. My thoughts and  prayers will be going out to friends and family. I know you said you're rarely on here, but the community will always be here for you if you need it.

Stare in the darkness
Are you scared? Are you free?
I can be fair or a monster
Tell me now, which one do you need?

I can feel teeth tear into me
Rip me to pieces, rock me to sleep
I can feel eyes staring at me
Getting uneasy, ready to feed
I can feel teeth

Redd
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 892
Donate

Postby Jaykobell » 08/23/2014 11:48 PM

Oh my, this is just... awful and heartbreaking. I am so sorry to hear this. She was mostly quiet and seemed to be a little timid, but she was not a troublesome member. She sounded like a gentle person.

I am very shocked to hear this; I had such a bad feeling when I read the topic title... I have goosebumps reading this. She was so young... and mother of a newborn, was she not? I never would've expected such a thing. I didn't know her, no, but I'd seen her enough to know she was young with a child... I know you said you don't know very much at all, but do you know what happened? :( But if you don't want to talk about it, I completely understand.

Is there an obituary for her? I express my condolences to her family, and to her newborn baby. Any age brings an unfortunate death, but such a young age is just unfair. Her family must be in such terrible, unimaginable pain. My thoughts and prayers are with them.

If you have an obituary available, please let us know. We could all directly express much needed sympathies and condolences to her family.

I thank you very much for letting us know, which I'm sure wasn't easy for you. Whether she was an active member of the community or not, the fact she was a member period meant something. We're a small community, and we're all very close-knitted. It seems she did have a few thousands of posts, and I remember that she'd come back just recently... It's all very tragic.

I thank you again for you telling us and letting us know. As Krypto has said, if you ever feel like you need someone to speak to, please feel free to drop by. We're always willing to help.

If I can ask, would you mind if I moved this topic to the Updates section? I'm not sure how many people check this section, and I think the news may be seen more in the Updates. I think it's important for everyone to know we lost a member.
Jaykobell
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4511
Donate

Postby Thunder » 08/23/2014 11:50 PM

Holy shit, did not expect to hear anything like this when I signed on. I didn't interact with Slynne much in my time at Evelon, but it's tragic to lose such a long time member of our community so suddenly, and at such a young age too : ( My condolences to you, her family, and her friends. She will be sorely missed.

If you ever feel that you need people to talk to, know that you can always come to us. I personally also experienced the loss of someone very close to me about two years ago, so I'd love to lend an ear if you need it.

"If everyone is one, none will be afraid."

Pen~Breeders~Trades~Wishes~Rentals
Thunder
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 877
Donate

Postby jobiehanna » 08/24/2014 1:34 AM

Oh no, that's just tragic. I didn't know her very well, but I remember plotting with her a long time ago. She seemed like such a nice person during our short conversations. I offer my condolences to you and her family and other friends. It's so sad to lose a person so young. You'll be in my thoughts and prayers.

And I was runnin' far away
Would I run off the world someday?
Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and
I was dancing in the rain
I felt alive and I can't complain

Sale Breed Thoughts Wishes Records Home
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4169
Donate

Postby Kitty » 08/24/2014 2:35 AM

I had to leave for a few hours but noticed quite a few messages when I came back.
Thank you all for the kind words, honestly, it means a lot to me that you all care so much even if you didn't know her well!

Shrewd- I don't usually like sharing info on people's life such as real name, birth date, etc. but I think this is a special exception. Here's one link, and another link to the only things I could find online.

She's only a few months younger than myself (Her birth date is at the end of August, actually 21st to be exact) so she would have been 21, like myself. I think her little boy was only around 6 months old, if not younger, so she was a very new mother.

Also, as I said there was little to no information on what happened but everyone outside the family is speculating that she did take her own life. She's had trouble with depression and, especially just after having the baby and dealing with all that stress, this seems the most likely. She generally hid the depression well so you guys might not have noticed any difference.

Thank you all again so, so much. I'm debating really trying to get back on evelon and into RPing to stay on a little longer, it helps to talk to you guys. ><

Kitty
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/24/2014 1:02 PM

As this was quite shocking and heartbreaking to read, I couldn't bring myself to post yesterday as the thought brought me to tears. I wasn't particularly close to Slynne, either, but it is tragic to lose a member of our community. I had seen her logged in awhile ago, at the very beginning of the month, and was quite excited to see such at the time. I adore seeing our members online, even those I don't communicate with regularly, and certainly felt the same seeing her around.

My condolences to you, her family, and her loved ones. I certainly appreciate that you came to inform us of the news, which I'm sure may have not been the easiest thing to do.

If it may bring some comfort, in that she may have accepting us knowing more about her, she did post some information about herself here, which includes some pictures. It seems that she also wished to leave most of her Evelonian assets to D3thNote, according to her will further down in the thread, although they last logged in July.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2854
Donate

Postby Mousen » 08/24/2014 1:41 PM

Oh, gosh. This is absolutely tragic. I spoke to Slynne a few times, back when I was a newbie and I think we RP'd once or twice, though I must admit to not knowing her too well. From my interactions with her a few years ago she seemed like a very sweet person.

It's absolutely terrible when someone passes away at such a young age, especially when that person is leaving so much behind. My thoughts and condolences go out to you, and her friends and family at what must be an incredibly difficult and heartbreaking time.

We’re all hysterical & going nowhere together.

C’mon rapture. Let’s go bedazzling.

Nothing gets futured without its own spitshine
& I’m already not not not not not not miraculous.

Mousen
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 160
Donate
Status: Jack of all trades is master of none, but better than a Master's degree.

Postby Kitsumi » 08/24/2014 2:30 PM

I saw this last night, and couldn't find the words to post.

My condolences go out to her friends and family. This really can't be said enough. To lose someone so young is absolutely horrible. And it seems that she left behind so many loved ones...I can't even describe how heartbroken I am for them and their loss.

I know I'm not really saying anything that hasn't been said, but I wanted to add my sincerest condolences.

like sunlight shining through the leaves
we are beautiful
enlightened
soul

Pen :: Wishlist ::Breeders :: Docs :: Rentals :: Journal
Kitsumi
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 7189
Donate

Postby Kylo » 08/24/2014 5:36 PM

I'm, shocked to say the least. I had talked to her last month and I...I don't know what to say. I'm very sorry for your lose. I hope she finds peace, and that you and your family can as well. I just......I'm so sorry for your lose.

Falling from grace, I watch it all come apart
Knowing I could've changed it all from the start
I can't breathe, I need to break free
From the anger that is constantly inside of me
Falling from grace, I watch it all come apart
Knowing I could've changed it all from the start
I can't breathe, I need to break free
From the anger that is constantly inside of me
"Fighting Myself" by Linkin Park

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 309
Donate

Postby FrostyRae » 08/24/2014 6:26 PM

I am honestly shocked and heartbroken to hear about this, but my sincerest condolences go to her family and everyone. God rest her soul, I hope she is finding peace and happiness now. I may not have spoken to her much, but she was very kind and loving from the little time I had spoken with her.

Farewell Slynne, we love you and shall miss seeing your words shining in the world. May the happiness you brought to the world continue to light the way.
FrostyRae
Master Pet Trainer
Master Pet Trainer
Pets | Items

Postby Feint » 08/24/2014 9:40 PM

I really liked Slynne.

ImageImageImageImage

I don't know how much this would do for anyone, but I drew these for her a while ago, and she really seemed fond of them. If anyone might consider having these pictures somewhere like having something to remember her by, you're welcome to save and use them.

My wraiths, though not wraiths then, wandered deep into the heart of the polar storm. They tried to fight sleep, naive to the inevitability of their fate. When they awoke, they saw before them my own self, so much a part of the ice and cold they almost fail to see me. I wear a crown of the coldest, sturdiest ice, and my claws and fur have coated themselves in it.
I stand aloof to the cold, for I have lived in it so long, been a part of it so long, it no longer concerns me.

My wraiths are cursed to wander the polar tundra, eternally freezing, following mortal explorers and trying to warn them with their presence that they should not travel onward, should not make the same mistake. But there will always be those who persist in pressing on, never knowing what they are doomed to face, or destined to suffer.

Feint
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1254
Donate

Next