Feel free to talk about pretty much anything here with your fellow members.

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Gossip and Chatter

Least liked non-breedable pet species

Postby Silverin » 08/08/2015 4:11 PM

Alright similar to how the fave non-breedable list works. I would like to know what ones are your least liked pet species and why. As well as least fave themes or colors if you want to add that as well.

Note this also will help determine some things in the background and help us produce better work for you guys. The more opinions the better. However try to keep things civil. This is suppose to be constructive and not meant for bashing anyone or anything.

Tally
Albie - 1 (Old Art)
Angst ball - 1 (Old Art/ Hard to pin characters to)
Experiment Anura - 1 (Just too weird/Hard to pin a character)
Aries - 11  (Old Art)
Bandol - 1  (Possibly old art problems)
Baskervilles - 1 (Old Art)
Batti - 111 (Clothing issue is a thing)
Beetanke  - 111 (Its an insect/ hard to pin characters to/ weird head?)
Bruma - 1 (Hard to pin characters to)
Bubble spirit - 11 (Old art/ hard to pin characters to... probably would be solved if given more form)
Cavallion - 11 (Old Art)
Chernobyl - 1 (Old art - Missing its file anyways so will need new art eventually)
Chimerantula - 5 11 (Too many parts/ insect/ old art)
Cuniflare - 1 (Old Art - weird face)
Duo-Nagi - 1 (Old art/ Probably would be best as Insonia like two heads.)
Fellox - 11 (Its not a dog but a canine/ Old art -awkward legs)
Fenref - 1 (Weird feet)
Flitterfly - 11 (Insect/old art)
Gorgeel - 5 1 (old art)
Gruss - 1 (Hard to pin characters to)
Gyrophant - 1 (Old art/ hard to pin characters to)
Hollowhearts - 1 (Probably just old art)
Hippoflies - 11 (Old art/Hard to pin characters to??/ Not very appealing)
holeefs - 111 (Hard to pin characters to)
Iiylumiel - 1 (Old art - Also missing its file)
Inessi - 1 (Not land worthy)
Kalamarei - 111 (Old Art)
Kamee - 1 (Hard to pin characters to)
Kuchi Nagi - 1111(Clothing issue/ male only/ old art)
Kuni - 11 (It has not evolved yet/ Old art?)
Langerine/Rangerine - 11 (Old art)
Leebra - 11 (Old Art)
Meji - 5 (Clothing issue)
Merham - 1 (Hard to pin a character on/ too cartoon weird)
Mocha Picchu - 1 (Old Art)
Morloth - 1 (Old Art)
Nagi - 11 (Old Art)
Nemuwits - 1 (Old Art/ hard to pin a character to)
Palmie - 1 (Old Art/ Hard to pin a character to)
Ptarmie - 1 (Its a little too flamboyant and has a lot of lines)
Penticorn - 1 (Old art - a more unicorn tail could be an edit for an event)
Polly - 1 (Old Art)
Rattegan - 1 (Old Art)
Rengosett -1 (Old Art/ Its a primate, maybe need cuter monkey?)
Rexxel - 11 (Old Art)
Roosken - 1 (Old Art)
Sahound - 111 (Old Art)
Scorpinch - 1 (Insect/Arachnid)
Seawinder - 5 11 (Old Art)
Serraptor - 1 (Old Art)
Slynx - 1 (Hard to pin character to??)
Snicky - 1 (Old Art/Hard to pin character to)
Snowball - 11 (Old Art/Hard to pin character to)
Sparquill - 11 (Old Art/Hard to pin character to/ too cartoon weird)
Staigovald - 11 (Hard to pin character to)
Symona - 1 (Old art)
Taigra - 11 (Old Art)
Tali -
Taosig - 5 (Old art/ Hard to pin characters/ It were more boar like and cool looking, with flames like other zodiac)
Terratops - 1 (Old Art/ Hard to pin characters)
Torken - 1 (Too mechanical)
Tou-san - 1 (old art)
Trumpeter - 11 (Not land based)
Tuskow - 111 (Old Art/ Hard to pin characters)
wombear - 1 (Old Art)
Werebetta - 1 (Not land worthy)
Xíng Yún - 1 (???)
Yingshee - 11 (Old Art)
Zephion - 1 (Old art)

PLEASE DON'T GIFT ME. I AM NOT INTERESTED.
There are better folks to gift.
:::Breeders:::Rental:::WishList:::
Avi is from The Worst Monster Of Them All animation on youtube
Silverin
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2762
Donate

Re: Least liked non-breedable pet species

Postby Silverin » 08/08/2015 4:11 PM

I will give my own opinion here :U just have to think on things. A lot of the things I dislike are an old art bias.

Silverin
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kyrit » 08/08/2015 4:29 PM

Taosig;
I understand that they are supposed to be boars, so it's going to be hard to make a boar pet that people like.. but they just aren't appealing to me. I'm sure an art update would help them out a bit, especially if they took on more features shared between most of the other zodiac pets (talismans, flames)

Tuskow;
Again, I'm just not really fond of it because it's very generic cow pet. I'd probably like it a bit more if it were updated.

Yingshee;
As a Ram of the zodiac, it always makes me a bit sad that the Yinshee is my zodiac pet. It's nice in concept, but the art is really old. If it was revamped and made cuter rather than just realistic sheep with flames, I'd probably like it a lot more. And I do want a nice looking sheep pet.

Terratops;
Really, they aren't bad looking pets. They just don't interest me. XD Nothing against them, they just don't provoke characters for me.

Gorgeel;
This one's purely an art thing. I love the concept, it just needs updating. With the exception of the Blaze, they're all really dull and uninteresting color-wise.

Chimerantula;
Too many arthropods combined in to one for me. Nooo thanks. xD; And it's always been weird to me that it's practically got tarantula in the name... but the spider part is that of a black widow.

I might be back with more input some time, but those are the main ones that come to mind.
// Pen || Wishes || Trades || Breeders \\
Kyrit
Elie's Trashcan
Elie's Trashcan
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1625
Donate

Postby Freezair » 08/08/2015 4:53 PM

I actually don't dislike most of the pet species, just art. The only species I absolutely dislike is the Fellox, but that's mostly for flavor reasons. The zodiac space is for a DOG, not a fox. They are not the same animal--it's very specifically a domesticated canine. It feels like the Fellox was shoehorned into its spot just for the sake of having a kitsune pet since that's "cooler," and that kind of thing tends to bug me.

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby Mojave » 08/08/2015 5:25 PM

Torken: I mean... what are they? xD; Just. Weird, though I did like the sketch concept of revamping them that Baal posted that made them look like rhino inferno death machines. xD

Gyrophant: Is it a giraffe? A dragon? I don't understand.

Penticorn: I like the idea of all the horns, but I don't understand why it has a dragon tail? Maybe if the art was updated and it had a more "The Last Unicorn" tail? Or even a lion like tail with hair all down the length similar to this? If it's supposed to have draconic influences, maybe put more in there?

I agree with Draiz for the taosig, tuskow, and yingshee, but they're not my least favorites.

Meji, Kuchi Nagi, and Batti: Too humanoid for me.

Kalamarei: Wha... Just... no. :/

Gorgeel: The animal these are based on freaks me out, so....

Seawinder: I just don't understand what all the ridges are. It reminds me of a worm that's trying to grow a skeleton but f*cked up and decided to grow it outside the body. Maybe if it was updated and was in a more active pose and had delicate markings instead of those ridges?

Creepy Crawlies: I hate bugs, so you should have expected this one. Like. I don't even click that link. ;__; Subsequently, all the other pets that are bugs (flitterfly, scorpinch, etc) will just never find a place in my pen.

All the tiny pets like Langerine, Rangerine, the Hippoflies, angst ball, bubble spirit, kuni, nemuwits, and holeefs. They just don't inspire characters and feel to me more like pets of our pets. xD;

wombear, though this too is probably just an art thing.

Overly cartoony pets like the merham and sparquill. They make me think of cartoons floating around in the real world and they just don't fit anything I can come up with.

Gruss: It just doesn't inspire me. :/
Pen . Docs . Sales . Wishes . About . RP Records . Journal . DA . FR
Mojave
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 584
Donate

Postby ToxicShadow » 08/08/2015 5:50 PM

I'm going to consider the question reworded. There are a number of pets that are suffering because of old art, and I don't want to list JUST them. So I'm going to pretend the question is, "What non-breedable pet species are least likely to be used by you?"

Baskervilles
I generally like everything about them, except that their heads look tiny compared to their bulky bodies. This puts me off enough that I just can't make use of one.

Aries
The real issue here that I feel like they could be so flippin' gorgeous, but the old art and very plain "I'm just a ram," doesn't do them justice. Which sucks, because I could actually REALLY make use of them for an old character of mine, if I wasn't put off.

Sahound
While they are cute in their own way, I would say they are the least pleasing visually out of ALL of the canine species we have on Evelon, old and new. They are definitely a case where the art makes them suffer.

Tuskow
It's pretty much just a cow. It's not really particularily cute, it's not epic in some way. Now that we have the Leumoo, a weird chaos cow, it makes the Tuskow seem pretty obsolete. An update would likely help them.

Rexxel
The face is adorable and I love cats, but those awkward shoulder flames make me weep.

Slynx
I don't actually think anything is wrong with them, they're just not a pet I feel I can attach a character to.

Bruma
Same answer as Slynx, really. There is nothing wrong with them, I just don't think I could make use of a bear with an angler fish light.

Hallowhearts
They could be super awesome, but something just feels off about them, and that makes them the least desirable of the dragons that we have. Maybe they are too small?

Kuchi Nagi
There whole concept is just not something I can get into. I'd rather have a regular dinosaur than one that unnaturally walks on two feet. They're the kind of anthro I don't like and I also feel the armor actually might limit ideas for them.

Staigovald
They seem pretty awesome, I just don't see myself using a robo dino any time soon.

Gorgeel
Might be suffering the worst from old art, which is a shame, because they could be really neat.

Chimerantula
Too many parts awkwardly mixed in. Looks like an splicing experiment gone wrong. I WOULD love to see a primarily spider pet, and I'm sure a mantis pet would be great, too. There are just too many parts in this.

Bubble Spirit
It's cute, I suppose, but what can users really do with a bubble? If it evolved into something, like the spirit that lives inside the bubble, that would be great.

Snowball
I'm not even sure what it is supposed to be and it's just not visually appealing.

Kuni
They are kind of cute, but I feel they are very limited in their use, and would do much better if they finally evolved. It's like head with legs, so I just can't roleplay that.

Flitterfly
It's just a bug, and not one of the more dangerous or appealing ones, to me. I just don't see myself ever using one.

'angerines
They just remind me of a single cell organism. I don't know what to do with it.

EDIT:

Bandol
It's a mummified dolphin/whale, and I have no idea what to do with it.

Merham
I like the Maham version of it, where it legs, but as a fish-hamster, I am not inspired at all. I feel like you can only have so many mermaid characters and fluffy hamster doesn't fit mine at all.

Nagi
Aside from experimenting on them and ending up with a weird, two headed snake that defies all logic like CatDog, what do you do with a tiny larvae snake? I just don't know.

ImageImageImageImage
ToxicShadow
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 2859
Donate

Postby zapdragon555 » 08/08/2015 6:23 PM

What Toxic said; I like these a lot and I feel like with an art update they could look absolutely incredible, but as it stands it's simply a ram with stars. The odd colored tail has also always thrown me off for some reason? Eheh.

Art doesn't do it justice, and it's kind of just a rhino charmander x'D

This is just a personal thing, I'm not a huge fan of pets with clothes; the Batti is an exception for some reason! I dunno what it is about these little guys but they just don't jive with me.

See above.

God these things look SO COOL but I can never attach characters to them. :'c

These spook me, and honestly I want them to look scarier; gulper eels are horrifying and with an art update these could be pretty worthy of that soul-leaving-your-body feeling.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's so hard for me to use sea creatures because I feel like they always have to be in water cries

While I would LOOOVE a spider pet and I'd love a mantis pet, there's kind of just too much going on here. I do like these, but I'd like them better if they had more coherent designs I guess? Idk what I'm saying here ahh--what everyone said about these guys before me pretty much sums it up.

Ehhh... nice art, but I've just. Idk. Anthro bugs. :'|

These just scare me hhgjfhgghj. It's the eyes.

While I like the Helven's concept a lot, the Liveth is just sort of... tacky, I guess? The Life head is, at least, what with the medical cross, which just looks kinda funny on what is supposed to be a wild animal. Cool concept though!

Love hate relationship with these things; hedgehog? Yes please. But I've never been able to pin any kind of character on them.

But there will come a time
You'll see, with no more tears
And love will not break your heart
But dismiss your fears
Get over your hill and see
What you find there
With grace in your heart
And flowers in your hair

"Tomorrow will be a good day."

Pen | New Pen | Breed | Wish | Sales | Art | Imp. | Add-ons

zapdragon555
Will Draw For Food
Will Draw For Food
Pets | Items
Keystones: 506
Donate
Location: "I mean... for me, I could love someone even if I, you know, wasn't paid for it...

Postby Indigo » 08/09/2015 2:46 AM

These guys just don't...do it for me. I think it's that they seem like they come with a whole thing attached that is so specific it's difficult to work with? Maybe that's just me.
Similar to the above. Also, the single-gender thing is something I'm not a fan of.
They're kind of cute but I don't really know what to do with them.
...These guys need help. Which is definitely an art thing, but there it is. I'm not sure I've seen anyone use one.
These specific things are too cartoony for me to do anything with [though weirdly I can use Sparquills fine? I don't know].
I think this might just be an art thing but it's hard to know.
They're all right, I don't actively dislike them, but I can't do much with them. It's a snail. Its uses are limited for someone who mostly does pet forms.

I'm not going to shove all the images in here but the evils and purities are very strange to me as pets. Like, it says on the page that each is the only one of its kind and that's clearly the concept behind them, but they're also regular pets and you can have multiple of each and it's weird. I don't have anything against the pets themselves, they're neat, but with that whole conflict of concept I stay away from them.

What are you looking at?

Indigo
Well-Traveled Trainer
Well-Traveled Trainer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 329
Donate

Postby Citanul » 08/09/2015 8:45 AM

Like most of the others, I feel like an art revamp would do almost every pet species some good. I know that everyone is busy, especially Baal, but some pets just... Suffer. I think that a 'fluff' update of all the pets may do some good too, as in their descriptions and such.

My least favorites are probably:

Tali. I love canines, but the weird feathers just throw me off.

Torken. A flaming rhino would be an awesome pet... If it weren't staring blankly into my soul.

Batti. I just don't like the clothes, although their walking upright also bugs me a little. I can let that slide though, this is a fantasy pet site after all.

Leebra. I like the concept, I really do, but something about their faces weirds me out.  

Cavallion. Why are their legs so tiny? They look like they'd just fall over.

Meji. Bunnies in clothes are weird. I think I'd be all for keeping the hat, but the full set of clothes is a bit much.

All the Aquatic Pets. Sans the Likuta, I feel like with an art lift they'd be much more playable.

Evils and Purites. I like their art, but it does seem weird that anyone can own one, and I think we can't customize them. Since there's only supposed to be one of each lore-wise, it just doesn't sit right with me.
Citanul
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 214
Donate

Postby Silverin » 08/09/2015 10:32 AM

Alright made the tally and made notes beside them about why people do not like things... though when you guys say things please be clear about what you do not like XD;; If I can't tell right away from what you said I am going to take a wild guess.

Try and go for constructive criticism and not just "akdlkdfkl what is this even". Even though those things do give me some information like "This is not really something that someone can relate to, likely is not reading properly and probably should have something changed so that its more attractive". Actually tell us what you would expect out of something or what you would like it to be maybe? Mind you some things will probably not change on those specific pets but maybe might show up in a future pet.

Silverin
Retired Staff
Retired Staff
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Kylo » 08/09/2015 10:32 AM

Okay don't get me wrong, I love morloth, but they need an update so badly. I need them to match evelon's art style more?

I hate these things. They're just ugly to me. ;3; Sorry.

Has the great potential of being cute but the art is so old.

I'd love it if the scorpion tail was gone. :| And I hate spiders, but it has potential to be a great murder machine.

I love everything about the beetank, except its head. Its head is so weird to me. :|

I don't even know where to start on this thing. I just have zero idea what it even is. Deffo my least least favorite.

Needs an art update badly.

Update please

Update the babies

Old art

I love my babies but their paws are awkward as heck, actually just their legs in general are weird.

Their face is weird to me

Update my babies

I've always hated them, but I dislike primates in general.

Its face is godawful. So needs an update.

I just generally dislike everything about them.

Needs an update.

Cool concept, needs work.

Its paws are awkward.

Falling from grace, I watch it all come apart
Knowing I could've changed it all from the start
I can't breathe, I need to break free
From the anger that is constantly inside of me
Falling from grace, I watch it all come apart
Knowing I could've changed it all from the start
I can't breathe, I need to break free
From the anger that is constantly inside of me
"Fighting Myself" by Linkin Park

Kylo
Well-Traveled Explorer
Well-Traveled Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 314
Donate

Postby Kallile » 08/09/2015 11:52 AM

Alright, here's my two cents:

The art in general could use an update, though I do love the facial expression. My biggest hangup with these creatures are the feathers. The look...strange and disjointed but not in an ethereal way. Kinda like someone accidentally didn't turn a layer off before posting them.

Art update in general--they just look dated.

Art is terribly dated, and the pose in general is weird to me? They look like they are about to fall over.

I love these guys, but I wish they had less anime-esque eyes. They are on the wrong side of creepy with those eyes.

Love these guys, they just need some update loving.

Pose and expression keep me from connecting with these guys.

So many things. What's going on with that knot of tails? Why does the front leg look awkward/broken? Why do they all have an eye sheen that makes them look blind?

The clothing really kills these guys for me. It's not bad...but I feel driven to make a gentlemanly character because of their attire.

Love these guys but they need an update badly.

Awesome concept, art needs an update.

I ADORE eels...but these need a facelift. No pun intended.

I have many of the same hangups as everyone else. I wish the art was a little better in...I don't know. In general just to look at it I'm not sure if it's supposed to fly or swim. All the extra exoskeleton parts on the body and face look awkward and the left side fin looks more like it's part of the head.

There is so much going on and it just looks too complicated. While I hate arachnids of most sorts, if it was a little simplified I might be more inclined to try a character out on one.
"I have been hidden, scorned, adored, worshiped, forsaken, coveted and banished more times than I care to count. But the one thing all those experiences cannot steal from me is the gentle soul I was born with, the kind heart I have molded, and the bright ideals for the future that have lit my way through the darkness of the past."

.::.Pen.::.Sales.::.Wishes.::.
Kallile
Ultimate Specialist
Ultimate Specialist
Pets | Items
Keystones: 70
Donate

Postby Moofius » 08/09/2015 1:38 PM

All of the zodiak pets I feel are plain and need to be revisited for that reason.

Any water based pet without legs is... not going to happen for me, unless I'm doing a water themed story, and even then the versatility of being mostly in water but having the OPTION of land is appealing (kuni, hydrolisk, etc). That even includes the werebettas, I'm sorry! ;P;
Image :.: The Sun Will Always Shine For The Imperials :.: Image
:.: Let Us Free You From The Darkness Of Ignorance And Weakness :.:

PenWishBreedJournalTradeRecord
Moofius
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 1098
Donate

Postby Zoophilos » 08/09/2015 7:27 PM

Pets I don't care so much for:

The Torken:
I think everyone above has summed up all reasons I would state pretty well already.

The Rollaby:
It's a lot like the Torken.  Old art, and it just plain doesn't stand out or inspire me.

The Leebra:
Again, old art. too cartoony, doesn't inspire.  Plus, I would like to see something more creative than just a lion and zebra stitched together.

The Penticorn:
I've always loved unicorns, and this somewhat mutated one is a little disappointing to me.  I suppose I might get used to it's unusual characteristics, its dragon tail and extra horns, though, but what I really hate about it is the pose.  I like the Concept penticorn's pose better.  I think I could like this one a lot if it was just tweaked a little.
Image Concept Penticorn

The Taigra:
I find the Taigra just plain goofy-looking, as well as redundant, compared to the Hunters and the recently re-vamped Lakundras.

The Serraptor:
I don't dislike these guys at all; I love them!  I would also love to see them updated, though.

The Gorgeel:
The concept of this is cool, but I feel like the actual drawing could use some more work.  Plus, most of the colors are just various shades of gray!

The Seawinder:
Um, what is this?  Some kind of seaworm?  Doesn't do much for me.

The Trumpetter:
Simply way too cartoony for me.

Most of the Minis:
Many of these, the Lagerine and Ragerine, the Morloth, the Bubble spirit, are just too strange or too cartoony for me to do anything with.
An evildoer forgiven and saved by Jesus' sacrifice.

I know I'm not on as often as some of you; I spend most of my time at other websites. But if I get in a RP with you, I'll do my best to be sure respond quickly!Image
Zoo Pen My wishy-washy wishlist, for what it's worth
Zoophilos
You ARE persistent, aren't you?
You ARE persistent, aren't you?
Pets | Items
Keystones: 21
Donate

Postby Freezair » 08/15/2015 9:55 PM

I hate to say it, but I'm really not a fan of the new Torken design. Unlike the other designs, it feels like quite a departure from the original design and "feel" of the pet. In particular, it feels a lot more limiting than the original design. The original pet's lack of accessories that lent it any theme other than "fire" left it pretty open to interpretation, since it essentially had just an elemental theme and an animal theme. Although the flavor text described it as being good for cooks, it didn't have any accessories that limited it to cooking. Plus, Evelon has a LOT of mechanical/cyberpunk pets already, including an entire coloration devoted to it, and I feel that repurposing an existing pet into that style, which was already burgeoning as it was, was unnecessary.

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Next