These woods are nice for a casual walk or even if you have a more adventurous urge. Bubbling hot springs lie just around the bend, fruits can be found to suit every taste bud, and rumor has it there are talking Tali who can speak Lambastian! (+2 Precision)

Moderator: Retired Staff

Return to Roraldi Forests

Re: The Perfect Christmas Tree [Open to all! Please Come!]

Postby jobiehanna » 12/18/2010 3:16 PM

Before Kandi got her answer, her name was called. Wow! That was exciting. She glanced at the paragon, then quickly handed the boy the candy cane before running over to see what the brightly colored lucain wanted. She took the bag and looked inside. Aww, it was such a cute present. "Thank you!" She said happily, practically bouncing. This was her first Christmas gift of the season and it excited her very much. She cluched the back close to her chest. "I'll take good care of it," she said. "Not that it needs care, maybe protection from the elements more than care but, ya know. I'll keep it safe!" She couldn't keep the happiness from her voice and face. She was practically beaming. Christmas was amazing! Who would've thought she'd be this excited about getting a present?

((Thanks, and Merry Christmas to you too!))

And I was runnin' far away
Would I run off the world someday?
Nobody knows
Nobody knows, and
I was dancing in the rain
I felt alive and I can't complain

Sale Breed Thoughts Wishes Records Home
jobiehanna
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 4169
Donate

Postby Freezair » 12/18/2010 4:35 PM

Aiden cheerily took the candy cane. With his teeth and his fingernails, he fought at the clingy plastic sticking to the cane. He peeled back the very bottom, fanning the plastic out around it, and began sucking the tip pointy.

Suki caught this, but did not intervene. "Well, it is Christmas," she sighed. "I suppose so long as they brush their teeth afterwards, it's the season to overindulge a little." She herself took some more conservative dipping veggies from the snack tray, and gnawed on those.

Piper, meanwhile, saw the presents.

"Oooh! Auntie Suki, do we ALL get presents?"

"Piper, what was that talk we had about 'gimmies?'"

Morosely, the girl replied, "Sorry, Auntie Suki."

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby Celtic » 12/18/2010 11:32 PM

Kiki froze in her tracks, turning around to look at the person who was talking to her, but it seemed she didn't have to worry. The scary dragon thing was being distracted by two human children calling her 'aunt.' Kiki's brows furrowed, she'd never heard such a thing as an 'aunt' before. But, since she didn't quite know how to ask such a big creature a question as to what an aunt was, Kiki waddled quickly over to her notebook, forgetting the birdie and scribbled a few more lines of symbols, including (in english) 'Ant-?' Which was a rare thing considering her grasp of the alphabet was not all that great. At all.

always
it's
Spring)and everyone's
in love and flowers pick themselves

- e. e. cummings

[ Z o o P e n ][ W i s h l i s t ]
Celtic
Ultimate Veteran
Ultimate Veteran
Pets | Items
Keystones: 199
Donate

Postby Rainpelt » 12/19/2010 4:52 PM

"Honestly Alibi, I do not want to be here." A Draculi glared at his companion, though he could not see him, with venemous eyes.
"Honestly Alibi, I do not want to be here." the Albie mimiced perfectly, prodding the grouch in the ribs. He giggled like a schoolgirl, "Really Nolend, come on, don't be such a scrouge."
"I'm not a scrouge, you're just annoying." he muttered, flexing his small green wings. He nosed around in the soil while Alibastar trotted ahead. His nose nudged the smooth, cold glass of the christmas ornament. He had no idea what it looked like, just that it was small, and fragile, and had been thrown at him by a certain Albie. Gently, he ran a deep purple paw over its surface, checking for cracks. Finding none, he carefully picked it up in his mouth and trudged after his guide.
"Could you please at least inform me of this ornament's appearance?" he asked when his nose told him he was beside Alibi.
"Hmm?" He sounded confused. Nolend could just imagine the puzzlement on the face of his oh-so-naive company, "Oh, yeah. Sure. Its glass." Well, he'd figured that, "And you can see through it, y'know, with a feather inside of it." Inside? Interesting. "There's a gold ribbon on it too, with a bow near the top."
"And yours?" He asked asfter a minute,
"Blown glass, it's blue." Figures, his favorite color. "Silver ribbon. Dude! He exclaimed happily, Nolend could just imagine the santa hat on his head flying off as he heard the slight ruffle. Seconds later a flurry of snow blew into his face. Nolend shivered and shook himself off, winter was definately not his season, "The tree's huge!" He tentatively sniffed the air, his ears flicking back and forth while he decided where the tree was. The strongest scent of pine was right infront of him and he padded toward it untill he felt the needles brush his fur. The Draculi grabbed ahold on the branch in his face and placed the ornament on it. He heard a plopping noise and grimaced. Great, he'd missed the branch. Now where did that ornament go?

Merry Christmas

and

Happy New Year!

Zoo Pen
Rainpelt
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Keystones: 30
Donate

Postby Kat-Wolf » 12/20/2010 12:56 AM

The little reptilian beamed at the warm house, her wings fluttering with anticipation. Cambria squealed, the ornament clasped in her tiny little paws, her tail wagging in the air excitedly as she flew towards the doorway. How could she pass this up? Especially when Rangi had just made a pretty new ornament... The glass figurine was quite heavy in the small creature's grip, and her body sagged as she tried to support it in flight, but that meant nothing. It was Christmas! Time for joy and giving and cheer and love and...

"There!" The Kodile placed the decoration on the branch matter-of-factly, and then swooped back to admire it. The Arkuhna had really outdone herself this time! The glass Turkezilla really did look lifelike!

"That looks good-- COOKIES!" Cambria jumped at the announcement of food and refreshments, her minuscule heart pounding withe the need for sugar. Temporarily hypnotized by the hosts... eye-catching appearance, the creature shook her head, hovering over the the table, and eagerly grabbing a chocolate chip morsel. She munched on it mid-air, admiring the festive feel to the place.

[1.2]
Kuhna Class E
Kat-Wolf
Novice Explorer
Novice Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 235
Donate

Postby Zoophilos » 12/20/2010 5:16 PM

Audrey, Jason, and the rest of the group were so busy watching other people come and decorate the tree, they at first missed the call for cookies.  But then Eric spotted some people munching on the treats, and shortly afterward the whole troop swarmed the cookie table.
      "Pardon us," Audrey called to the other people nearby, trying to keep her eager siblings from knocking or mowing anyone down. "Hey, guys, two cookies at the most! Eric!"  Eric had snatched up four cookies, and was trying to get more.  Fortunately, once each person had gotten at least one cookie, they all settled down a little, allowing Audrey and Jason to relax.
An evildoer forgiven and saved by Jesus' sacrifice.

I know I'm not on as often as some of you; I spend most of my time at other websites. But if I get in a RP with you, I'll do my best to be sure respond quickly!Image
Zoo Pen My wishy-washy wishlist, for what it's worth
Zoophilos
You ARE persistent, aren't you?
You ARE persistent, aren't you?
Pets | Items
Keystones: 21
Donate

Postby Freezair » 12/20/2010 7:57 PM

With his candy cane wrapper stickying up his fingers, Aiden stepped back for a moment to admire the group's handiwork. "Woah! Look how awesome the tree's getting, guys! They've got baubles and garlands and shaped ones and..."

"What about lights, though?" Piper mused. "Christmas trees gotta have lights!" She chewed her cookies and sipped her beverage. "Auntie Suki, we didn't bring lights, did we?"

"No," Suki shook her head sadly. "Hopefully somebody will. But look at the tree already! You know, this is what a Christmas tree should look like." Suki looked toward the refreshment table, realizing she hadn't had a cookie at all herself...

I'm so cool (too bad I'm a loser).
I'm so smart (too bad I can't get anything figured out)!
I'm so brave (too bad I'm a baby).
I'm so fly
That's probably why it feels just like I'm falling for the first time!

I'm so green (it's really amazing).
I'm so clean (too bad I can't get all the dirt off of me)!
I'm so sane (It's driving me crazy)!
It's so strange
I can't believe I'm falling for the first time!

Critters -Ramblings - Single & Looking -Majikul Wishlist -This Stuff's Important

Freezair
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 80
Donate

Postby jackie125 » 12/20/2010 8:13 PM

A small Squeaker saw the large tree. He had brought a special ornament to put on the tree.
It was shaped like a peinguin wearing a orange and red scarf. This was one of his favorite ornament, because he thought it kinda' looked like him. He went over to take a better look at the tree. It was tall, covered in many different ornaments. He took out his ornament and placed it on a low branch, the highest one he could reach. He looked at it smiling, well, not really, its hard to smile with a beak. He felt happy to contribute to such a nice thing for the community.
jackie125
Celebrity Explorer
Celebrity Explorer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 47
Donate

Postby kabuto_rocks » 12/21/2010 1:08 PM

Hearing an odd tinkling noise, Darrian was distracted long enough for his attention to be drawn away from his cookie. Placing it down, he glanced at the ground to see a pretty glass ornament rolling away from a Draculi. Always eager to help, he also put down his hot chocolate (not without some disappointment) and quickly scrambled over to pick it up. Hoping it wasn't broken, he scooped it up and cheerfully addressed the Draculi.

"I think you dropped this," He began, quite obviously really. Taking a closer look at the ornament, he admired the pretty feather in the middle, "It's quite unusual. I always think unusual things are best. This tree will no doubt be the most varied in Evelon with all the different things people are bringing." He had picked up by now that the Draculi must be blind, and he hoped he hadn't intruded by helping him. He was also hoping that his cookie hadn't been stolen while his back was turned. It would be an awful shame if he didn't get to take a single bite

{Posts: 1/5, 61, L12}
kabuto_rocks
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Keystones: 217
Donate

Postby Rainpelt » 12/21/2010 10:17 PM

Alibastar stepped back, admiring the tree and nodding to himself. As his ears began to freeze up, he realized he had dropped his hat and went to retrieve it, setting it back on his head with a smile. "There." He nudged the white puff out of his face and looked around for his friend, curious as to how the blind Draculi was faring. He spotted Nolend snuffling around in the snow and hurried to see what he was doing. Maybe if he got him to hurry up, they could get some of that hot chocolate he smelled. He knew Nolend smelled it as well, since most of his senses were better than his.
-----
Nolend was nosing around in the snow, slightly put-off by the fact that it hindered his acute sense of smell. He heard paw steps and looked up as someone approached. The tinkling of the ornament's hook against its glass surface accompanied the other creature's voice as he stated the obvious. Nolend flicked his ears and hesitantly held out his paw for the ornament, sitting back on his haunches, "Yes, I did." he replied, then added a quick "Thank you. My, uh, friend picked it out. I can't really see it so..." Nolend paused here, his loss of sight was a touchy matter for him, though he should have been far used to it by now, "But Alibi told me it looked nice." his nose twitched scented the ever familiar Albie as he approached, "Didn't bother to help me put it up though." he muttered under his breath.
"Hey Nolie, who's this?" his companion asked once he'd come to a halt beside him, "New friend?"
"Sort of." Nolend muttered, "He just helped me find my ornament."
"Oh, well that's nice. I'm Alibaster, though you can call me Alibi. The grump-"
"Not a grump."
"-here is Nolend." Alibi continued as if uninterrupted. He turned back to the Draculi, "So... I know that you know that there's hot chocolate and stuff. D'you think it would be a problem if we..."
"After you help me put the ornament up? Sure." Alibaster grumbled to himself, then gave the Kuhna a crooked grin, "Thank you. Again."

Merry Christmas

and

Happy New Year!

Zoo Pen
Rainpelt
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Soriana » 12/23/2010 7:03 AM

Cornelia hadn't made the effort of coming here just to hit on Mr. Happy Sparkulz, oh no. But she'd have liked it very much if he'd helped her up after she'd fallen. Alas. She reverted to her humanoid form, walked over to the refreshments table, and took a seat, placing her hands upon the surface and her chin in her palms. Picking out a sugar cookie from one of the baskets, she smiled in Sparkulz's direction. Her body language was beckoning him to come and chat with her. But she thought it might interest him more if she began to talk with the others. "So, how do you all like the gathering so far?"

[2]

The King beneath the mountains,
The King of carven stone,
The lord of silver fountains
Shall come into his own!

His crown shall be upholden,
His harp shall be restrung,
His halls shall echo golden
To songs of yore re-sung.

The streams shall run in gladness,
The lakes shall shine and burn,
All sorrow fail and sadness
At the Mountain-king's return!

one two three four five
Soriana
Globetrotter
Globetrotter
Pets | Items
Keystones: 216
Donate

Postby kabuto_rocks » 12/29/2010 7:01 AM

Handing the ornament back over, he greeted the Albie with a similarly friendly grin.
"Nice to meet you. I'm Darrian. And it wasn't any trouble. Providing my hot chocolate is still there." He had meant it as a joke but he did take a quick glance back, just to check it was still present. Thankfully it was, though his cookie had miraculously vanished. Oh well, it had been too crunchy anyway. He couldn't stand a crunchy cookie.

"Looks like they might have presents. The last time I got a Christmas present was...300 years ago, I think." He said the last part more to himself, not realizing how odd it probably sounded. It was the truth though. If only his TARDIS was still here! It was so fun to travel around Christmas. Then you could really see how much things had changed

{Posts: 2/5, 62, L12}
kabuto_rocks
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby Rainpelt » 12/29/2010 8:38 PM

"There is hot chocolate!" Alibi said excitedly, hopping up and down in joy.
"Great, you can have some later, I'm busy." Nolend said, much like a parent to their child. Their older-than-them, furry, and over excited child. Yep, that was pretty much the story of his life. "Since you're not running back for it, I'm assuming it's still there, right?" He couldn't pick out specific things like that, but it was kind of a given.
"It's still there Nolie." An annoying buzz in his ear told him the Alibi was trying to be discrete again. Nolend shook his head, too bad that wasn't one of his strong points.
"Presents, sound fun." He paused, "No present for 300 years? I don't get much, but crazy here usually gets me something. Like a couple years he got me a pinecone."
"A scented pinecone!"
"Oh, sorry, a scented pinecone."

Merry Christmas

and

Happy New Year!

Zoo Pen
Rainpelt
Beginner
Beginner
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby kabuto_rocks » 01/07/2011 4:20 PM

"Yep, it's still there. Thankfully. It wouldn't be a good winter without a cup of hot chocolate. Not for me anyway." He was amused by the tone of Nolend, and indeed he recognized it as a tone often spoken at himself. Oddly enough, he used it quite a lot as well as long as the person he was talking too was someone he knew well. With strangers he tended to be a bit more bubbly and outgoing.

"A scented pinecone? That sounds quite interesting actually. What did it smell of?" It would be quite weird if it didn't smell of pine. But then, a pinecone which smelt of pinecone wouldn't be all that exciting to be fair, "Let's see...I got given what was supposed to be the smallest snowglobe in the world. It was beautiful really, but you couldn't make out what was inside. And I guess someone is bound to make a smaller one someday." He might have sounded a tad ungrateful but really he was just being logical. The snowglobe was being kept safe though. He wasn't about to lose it in a hurry

{Posts: 3/5, 63, L12}
kabuto_rocks
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Ultimate Pet Tamer
Pets | Items
Donate

Postby xLavenderKisses » 01/09/2011 6:12 PM

Sparkulz watched happily with a grin on his face as Kandi bounced around with the present. He felt glad that he could bring joy to somebody else. More and more people poured into the clearing, hanging up their presents and grabbing a treat. Everywhere, the pleasant buzz of conversation and laughter rang through the air. He walked around, greeting everyone and making sure they were comfortable.

Then a lady Lucain turned girl seated near the refreshments on the other side of the clearing caught his eye. Honestly, he hasn't had much experience with the other gender, and they usually just confuse him. Maybe I should go talk to her... he thought. The idea of him embarrassing himself wasn't a great one though. But if he were only to go over and say hi, nothing could possibly happen, right?

He made his way across the clearing, still greeting people with a large smile on his face as he progressed. Near the table, he too morphed into his human form, revealing a tall boy - almost a man - with odd rainbow tufts of hair who was slim rather than muscular.

He took a seat next to the lady and smiled at her hesitantly. "Hi."

(( My apologies for being absent for a long time. My SAT test on the Saturday after the next so I've been practicing and going to lessons and memorizing vocabulary and all that jazz. Not fun. So... after the 22nd, I'll hopefully have more free time, so maybe then I'll go knock on Lav the Elf's door. I will let people keep coming to put on ornaments until February 1st, then I'll start working on the tree. Anything after that I will disregard. I will post again, RPing something like a photographer coming around to take a picture and whatnot and say that ornaments are no longer accepted. You guys can all still keep on RPing here if you'd like though! ))

LOL OMG SPARKULZ FLIRTING LOLOLOLOLOLOL.
Zoo PenDragon CaveLaviee Art
Midnight StarWishlistTumblr Blog

Haaaaa. You got blinded. Durrrrrr.
xLavenderKisses
I have no life.
I have no life.
Pets | Items
Keystones: 54
Donate

PreviousNext